TForce | Wtf!!!!!!

Greezy Trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
They cut all our runs because of Easter .....Since when did Easter ever effect a work week....And if they are going to start this shyte then we need paid for another holiday....And all the freight we should have here on Monday.....Well I guess Tuesday will be ok......AND YES I AM RANTING!!!!This is just plain STUPID!!!!!!!

Greezy, I hinted to this last week the majority of FLA freight moved by rail and contractors it wasn't becuase of easter it was becuase of good friday.

It is considered a non service day, well guess what on this non service day contractors and independants still got there loads.

Some of The freight still moved but just not with company drivers. The bad part about this is I don't think they let everyone know until friday night, it was centrals call to cut your run or not.

Some drivers showed up to work saw there trailers being loaded up but central cut the run and they were sent home.

Greezy, I hinted to this last week the majority of FLA freight moved by rail and contractors it wasn't becuase of easter it was becuase of good friday.

It is considered a non service day, well guess what on this non service day contractors and independants still got there loads.

Some of The freight still moved but just not with company drivers. The bad part about this is I don't think they let everyone know until friday night, it was centrals call to cut your run or not.

Some drivers showed up to work saw there trailers being loaded up but central cut the run and they were sent home.

That is such BS!!!!!! Freakin bunch of IDIOTS!!!!! Non service day?????Wht other freight company practices such stupid non-sense????? And I will put money that no UPS driver sat home lastnight.......Sorry just sitting in pure amasement....Not sure why....This just keeps raising the bar of STUPIDITY...and I keep falling for "it might get better".....

It is situations like this why we as road drivers need to get together and stand strong for a good contract.

Did you get any notice or did you show up at work then have your run cut?

It is situations like this why we as road drivers need to get together and stand strong for a good contract.

Nah just under the 2 hour rule there...I am going to raise hell about it....The girl in the office got the call minutes before she called me......

That is such BS!!!!!! Freakin bunch of IDIOTS!!!!! Non service day?????Wht other freight company practices such stupid non-sense????? And I will put money that no UPS driver sat home lastnight.......Sorry just sitting in pure amasement....Not sure why....This just keeps raising the bar of STUPIDITY...and I keep falling for "it might get better".....
They are using every excuse possible to put freight on the rail.
Holidays give them extra shipping days.

They canceled all of our wed start sleepers that do meets with FON teams.

Guess where those drivers were this week.... Extra board..... Guess who was already sitting at home prior to having 10 or 12 more guys on it... Extra board.

We had 2 guys quit this week and I'm sure more to come.
Maybe thats what they want. You know, with the driver shortage and all:hysterical:

Guess where those drivers were this week.... Extra board..... Guess who was already sitting at home prior to having 10 or 12 more guys on it... Extra board.

Maybe thats what they want. You know, with the driver shortage and all:hysterical:

well when you figure it out....Let me know cause there has to be some underlying evil plan here....Weed us out??????

"Your" absolutely "Right"... "Power in Numbers!"

I was informed by our local that they need this sort of information submitted to them... as soon as possible

Reason being is that there isn't anything that "we" as a group can do on our own to combat this sort of negligence... At this point in time...

The union will take this information with them next week and present it in negotiations... Using it as leverage regarding items that they are attempting to negotiate.

well when you figure it out....Let me know cause there has to be some underlying evil plan here....Weed us out??????
I think it is more about saving a dime than anything.

Who would they be weeding out?....the ones who can't live on two or three days of work a week?

The main ones that would consider leaving are the ones who aren't vested in the pension or don't have enough seniority to hold a decent bid.
Just wondering how bottom guys leaving benefits them.

"Your" absolutely "Right"... "Power in Numbers!"

I was informed by our local that they need this sort of information submitted to them... as soon as possible

Reason being is that there isn't anything that "we" as a group can do on our own to combat this sort of negligence... At this point in time...

The union will take this information with them next week and present it in negotiations... Using it as leverage regarding items that they are attempting to negotiate.
Tell them to have better wording on the use of contractors and rail.
That is key.
We have 10 plus owner ops at our house (not counting Landspan and the like) every day... While our extra board gets a few extra days off every week while waiting for the phone to ring... and schedules getting cut at the last min.

:TR10driving03:hi greezy trucker i am a line driver on wed. my tm said to me that one of are run to fontana was cut and two solo driver that run down to portland or. the other run to fontana was turn in a meet to william ca.starting this monday so what hell is going on here!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cool::nutkick:

:TR10driving03:hi greezy trucker i am a line driver on wed. my tm said to me that one of are run to fontana was cut and two solo driver that run down to portland or. the other run to fontana was turn in a meet to william ca.starting this monday so what hell is going on here!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cool::nutkick:

The Co has been hemorrhaging dollars for the last 4 mos. running empties. This is a direct result of the economy and state of this country. This has, very unfortunatly, resulted in what we have seen these last few weeks around the country. These are not single instances nor is it just UPS Freight. No one wanted to see this happen and no one feels good about it. We can only hope that those who are not working can weather the storm and those that are should feel fortunate.

Those who are laid off now should consider something. Some that are working now are going to quit as a result of these past weeks. This will open the door for you to come back.

Consider this too, UPGF is now on the same level as the other top players in LTL. You can not go to Yellow, Roadway, etc. without a high probability of lay off during the slow months untill you put in some time. Some wanted to play with the big boys and now the time has come.

Greez this is where you would be wrong. I have a relative that is a feeder driver in Jax and they cut a bunch of runs Friday night. No runs cut at my barn. It will get better I promise. It still isn't as bad as some places check the Conway and Yellow threads, They have issues. Peace Out:smilie_132:

Greez this is where you would be wrong. I have a relative that is a feeder driver in Jax and they cut a bunch of runs Friday night. No runs cut at my barn. It will get better I promise. It still isn't as bad as some places check the Conway and Yellow threads, They have issues. Peace Out:smilie_132:

How's that gator treating you?:smilie_132:

And after all the work to get to a 250 man road board in HRS. A goal we never met. Now they don't want to work the drivers they have. Surely more will quit. Then they will need to hire some new ones to sit at home. What a company. Oh yeah, maybe this is all part of the "we will triple in size within 5 years." Well they are 2 years into this 5 year plan. Guess somebody better get selling!

And after all the work to get to a 250 man road board in HRS. A goal we never met. Now they don't want to work the drivers they have. Surely more will quit. Then they will need to hire some new ones to sit at home. What a company. Oh yeah, maybe this is all part of the "we will triple in size within 5 years." Well they are 2 years into this 5 year plan. Guess somebody better get selling!

We have gotten some large national contracts but the expansion has been made to the truckload dividion.

They cut all our runs because of Easter .....Since when did Easter ever effect a work week....And if they are going to start this shyte then we need paid for another holiday....And all the freight we should have here on Monday.....Well I guess Tuesday will be ok......AND YES I AM RANTING!!!!This is just plain STUPID!!!!!!!

Gotta mellow out GT. I got the call at 6:30 this morning. Kinda had that figuared out yesterday when I pulled 12,000 and a empty back from MEM. As far as I'm concerned, I'll take the extra time off when I get it! Cause when we get the contract it won't last long! Gotta remodel a kitchen, and get sh*t (Motorcycles) ready for spring!
Thank God for a heated garage! :1036316054:

Yeah Friday was a non service day. So why did we have to work? Seems to me that since we had to, it should of been paid as time and a half. Seeing it was a holiday.

Yeah Friday was a non service day. So why did we have to work? Seems to me that since we had to, it should of been paid as time and a half. Seeing it was a holiday.
It was only a holiday for shipment time.
Not an actual holiday that would cause a delay in shipment time.