TForce | Wtf!!!!!!

I got an unwanted four day weekend for easter. but at least i haven't been laid off, yet. that could change on monday.

So where does this roller coaster take us? Anyone have any ideas? I'm sure some on here can offer up some opinions. Some posters on here seem to have inside information. So what is their master plan here. I hate to stir up shyt, but I heard when all the dust settles, a road driver will either drive sleepers or go to the mini hubs to work the dock. Anyone else heard this? Elvis out.....

We ran all of our city routes on Friday. They cut 3 of our 4 line-haul runs. Just about all of our city drivers have to call in on Monday. I can see us get hammered with pickups on Monday and not be able to make them all.

Greezy, I hinted to this last week the majority of FLA freight moved by rail and contractors it wasn't becuase of easter it was becuase of good friday.

It is considered a non service day, well guess what on this non service day contractors and independants still got there loads.

Some of The freight still moved but just not with company drivers. The bad part about this is I don't think they let everyone know until friday night, it was centrals call to cut your run or not.

Some drivers showed up to work saw there trailers being loaded up but central cut the run and they were sent home.

This pisses me off, not you but the notion that good friday is a non service day, someone neglected to tell us about this. I would have taken the phuken day off. I found out first thing in the morning when it was too late to book off. Ohh I am sorry, we get written up for taking a day off now, wtf happened to descreationary days?

Whats with the last minute notice on friday? We had guys at work waiting for there loads when our office girl got a call cancelling them. We are required 2 hour notice for sick days, and then they have to be approved, if they call at the last minute can we say," sorry, I dont approve, were running anyway"?

Whats with the last minute notice on friday? We had guys at work waiting for there loads when our office girl got a call cancelling them. We are required 2 hour notice for sick days, and then they have to be approved, if they call at the last minute can we say," sorry, I dont approve, were running anyway"?

I think this happened everywhere. They do have to pay 2 hour show up pay. We had 8 out of 11 runs canceled. We even left some freight behind. They said no empty miles to or from your destination.

The empty miles will become standard procedure.

How about this one,
A schedule turn is cut because there is no freight to go from your home terminal to your destination. But there is freight to go from your destination point back to your home terminal. They cut the run and run an extra board up with the freight and then he returns home with empty's. No empty miles???
I see this happen all the time. :chairshot:

I have seen that happen also, but for runs that pull empties regulary, there gonna be consolidated down the line somewhere else and a contractor will be pulling it.

We have already been told by the new SE director there will be no pulling empties.

So, I guess this is the death of UPSF. Contractors pulling everything to terminals, eventually they will have agents doing all the deliveries. 15 to 20 day service times for 300 miles. Then the big wall street announcement about UPS divesting itself of its freight division because for some reason they couldnt figure out how to make money.

You two are amazing. Can't let go of them bitter days of the early nineties can you? This is not your daddies' trucking company any more. Sorry, the bitter taste of the reality pill will sweeten over time. You have changed no minds here. There are flaws. We are fully aware of that fact. We can read and comprehend English as well as the next anti union poster. We really don't need your condescending examples of the (INDY.) contract crammed in every one of your anti union rants. You are very well versed at this INDY. contract. So my suggestion is as follows. Learn the national contract as well as this one. This will limit the amount of grievances that might be written up with your name at the top of the letterhead. Elvis out....

You two are amazing. Can't let go of them bitter days of the early nineties can you? This is not your daddies' trucking company any more. Sorry, the bitter taste of the reality pill will sweeten over time. You have changed no minds here. There are flaws. We are fully aware of that fact. We can read and comprehend English as well as the next anti union poster. We really don't need your condescending examples of the (INDY.) contract crammed in every one of your anti union rants. You are very well versed at this INDY. contract. So my suggestion is as follows. Learn the national contract as well as this one. This will limit the amount of grievances that might be written up with your name at the top of the letterhead. Elvis out....

OOOOOOOO, see how your reality pill tastes when your flipping burgers part time because your precious union job doesnt give you enough hours to pay your bills, and all the real hours or miles are being done by someone other than UPSF employees.

OOOOOOOO, see how your reality pill tastes when your flipping burgers part time because your precious union job doesnt give you enough hours to pay your bills, and all the real hours or miles are being done by someone other than UPSF employees.
My precious non-union job doesn't either.

The Owner Ops (and Rail Road) are getting pretty good miles out of my house so wherever you were going with that post doesn't compute.

Union or not UPS has the freight. All the higher paid freight. They just can't seem how to go after the cheaper freight to fill trailers in competitive lanes so they have mty's and we will suffer for there poor judgment and sales problems. Being selective on what to pickup or not to pickup will very much undermine the confidence of the shippers.

Galaxy99 I apologize for that last post. I'm picking fights with everyone now. I think this whole deal is wearing me down. I just want this to be a great place for us all. A place where we all can come to work and feel proud. I'm going to take a break for a while and let the cards fall where they may. I'm burnt. Elvis out for a while....