FedEx Freight | Wtf!!!!!!!!

ol' man :smilie_132:

The PT guys use Qualcomm

:popcorn:

right. But I don't think We have a link to their satellite. We need our own GPS in their trucks to keep track of "our" freight. That way when they are parked on the side of the road because they won't chain, We will know when the road is open!:biglaugh:

right. But I don't think We have a link to their satellite. We need our own GPS in their trucks to keep track of "our" freight. That way when they are parked on the side of the road because they won't chain, We will know when the road is open!:biglaugh:

God point. :biglaugh:

I hope they don't give them the hot freight.

I wouldn't do any work on my truck. First, it's not my job, second, if I screw it up and something happens, who do you think will be down the road?

That pretty much sums up this thread.

I totally agree Franklin.

I hope the pigs have poor luck with our trailers and miss one to many appt. times would be damn nice to see our trucks pulling our freight again , I watch those job thiefs coming in and out of the yard from 7 in the morning tell I go home at 3 and let me tell ya its an all day thing as many pigs come thru as sets I would check at night on the slow nights, say 20 -30

I hope the pigs have poor luck with our trailers and miss one to many appt. times would be damn nice to see our trucks pulling our freight again , I watch those job thiefs coming in and out of the yard from 7 in the morning tell I go home at 3 and let me tell ya its an all day thing as many pigs come thru as sets I would check at night on the slow nights, say 20 -30

Wheel Seal :smilie_132:

I'm confused now.
Are you saying that there are outside carriers pulling our trailers????
Or are you talking about PT pulling their own trailers (usually a 53').

He's saying tons of 53's every day. I know he's right. Every time I go to his SC It's full of PT. They come in pretty much every hour.

FourDigitViking :smilie_132:

How much of that is the same old problem
that the NW does not originate that much
freight going back south or east?
Even ODFL is looking to fill their trailers with backhauls

Backhaul / Volume Rates

They have a pretty neat website.

Good website. Maybe We could get FEDEX to do one of those. :biglaugh:
Might bring a new meaning to "We only use PT in mty return lanes"

How much of that is the same old problem
that the NW does not originate that much
freight going back south or east?
Even ODFL is looking to fill their trailers with backhauls

Backhaul / Volume Rates

They have a pretty neat website.

I wasn't making a judgement, just offering a clarification. But ,since you asked, I think there is some validity to that argument. I also truly believe the use of PT in the NW (only place I have observed it) goes far beyond lane inbalances and does put company drivers out of work.

Good website. Maybe We could get FEDEX to do one of those. :biglaugh:
Might bring a new meaning to "We only use PT in mty return lanes"

Did you click on the cities like Seattle to L.A.
$925 for one pup, two pups $1200.
Portland to Rialto, CA.
one pup $800, two pups $1100.
At least they are trying to fill their trailers
with X-CAP freight for their trucks to pull.
Backhaul / Volume Rates

I wasn't making a judgement, just offering a clarification. But ,since you asked, I think there is some validity to that argument. I also truly believe the use of PT in the NW (only place I have observed it) goes far beyond lane inbalances and does put company drivers out of work.

NW is not the only place FedEx Freight is using PT besides lane inbalances.
Since we don't run linehaul 7 days a week anymore, now we have to use PT carriers just to get freight from LA Basin to Denver that load Friday night and need to be in Denver Monday morning. I'm sure it has to also work that way from DEN to SBO. The trailers we move Friday night are Tuesday deliveries or later.

NW is not the only place FedEx Freight is using PT besides lane inbalances.
Since we don't run linehaul 7 days a week anymore, now we have to use PT carriers just to get freight from LA Basin to Denver that load Friday night and need to be in Denver Monday morning. I'm sure it has to also work that way from DEN to SBO. The trailers we move Friday night are Tuesday deliveries or later.

They also use pt from the Basin to the NW over the weekend. Freight we used to move up is gone, so for a while, Monday's run was cut. Better now, not sure why, but am sure not complaining.

They also use pt from the Basin to the NW over the weekend. Freight we used to move up is gone, so for a while, Monday's run was cut. Better now, not sure why, but am sure not complaining.

You must be getting spoiled by being home on the weekends??:hysterical:

No more having to go out Sundays or coming back on Saturdays???:biglaugh:

This new system would be OK if I had my day run back, instead of having to do night runs again.

As regards all the PT spotted in the yards...Are they all being used for linehaul? Could some of them simply be TL carriers doing Dock Drop --> Distribution?

As regards all the PT spotted in the yards...Are they all being used for linehaul? Could some of them simply be TL carriers doing Dock Drop --> Distribution?

Starting next month, U.S.Express is sending in day cabs. They want to start up a city P&D fleet.:biglaugh::joke:

When the brakes hang up on me, I back them off to the proper clearance. They're not rigged.

Well that's just fine, but they don't pay me to work on the vehicles. I'm also not putting myself out there in case something happens. After putting up with "what if" scenarios from our safety department, I don't do anything that isn't part of my job.

And carrying tools to fix stuff isn't part of my job.

If you know how to adjust your brakes properly and want to do it more power to you. If you get in a serious or deadly accident after you do, you may be in a heap of trouble unless you can provide certification to prove your abilities. I have been on hand for a few post accident inspections( not mine) and they look at brakes right away. One time I even drove a tractor with the inspector and his decelerometer for about a half hour while he determined stopping distances for various speeds. I am not really comfortable opening myself up for litigation.