XPO | XAB

I do feel sorry for the P&D guys trying to deliver all that freight. No matter how hard they try, there just isn't enough man power or equipment available to get the job done, and the system just keeps making pickups and sending it to them to deliver. Unfortunately, there are no other terminals closer to help by dividing up territory, and no cartage company's to give freight to, so they can just focus on metro Albany. Evey way you look at it, there is no easy answer for a fix.

I do feel sorry for the P&D guys trying to deliver all that freight. No matter how hard they try, there just isn't enough man power or equipment available to get the job done, and the system just keeps making pickups and sending it to them to deliver. Unfortunately, there are no other terminals closer to help by dividing up territory, and no cartage company's to give freight to, so they can just focus on metro Albany. Evey way you look at it, there is no easy answer for a fix.
We were in the same boat but we have surrounding terminals to pawn freight too and cartage . The problem is we overwhelmed those terminals with the excess . Now it’s coming back at us . We are still short a dozen drivers and not able to hire anyone. We are also down 2 Fos’s , 2 office clerks, 2 sales people.
To put it bluntly we’re screwed.

So who's the guy with your LH driver this week. Just out for a joy ride I guess....Looks like training to me
3 driver in over a year . 2 quit and this new guy . Still sounds to me like they can’t hire and KEEP people. We need 12 more .

Last edited:
Xph is swamped again. They diverted a lot of our freight to surrounding terminals for a couple weeks then bought it back to us . Upper management made no changes in staff or equipment to boost our ability to handle it so we are worse of then before. Customers freight is sitting in the outside subject to the elements because we have no room on the dock and no trailers . Our detached shop garage is filled with freight . It’s really sad.
Why do they not limit the freight. You know you don’t have enough capacity so why subject the customers freight to this ? We’re not doing them anything but a disservice.

Last edited:
Xph is swamped again. They diverted a lot of our freight to surrounding terminals for a couple weeks then bought it back to us . Upper management made no changes in staff or equipment to boost our ability to handle it so we are worse of then before. Customers freight is sitting in the outside subject to the elements because we have no room on the dock and no trailers . Our detached shop garage is filled with freight . It’s really sad.
Why do they not limit the freight. You know you don’t have enough capacity so why subject the customers freight to this ? We’re not doing them anything but a disservice.
Sounds exactly the same as XAB. This is, as we all know, the definition of insanity. Bottom line, if we can’t service the customer, we should hang it up.
One thing I don’t understand in Albany’s case is the management team, less the FOM, is still intact as far as I know. I haven’t heard of any involvement from the regional manager or additional management brought in to help get things straightened out. I just don’t understand why they can’t fix this.

Albany’s case is the management team, less the FOM, is still intact as far as I know
That’s because just like at Xph it’s not the local management who’s at fault. They are doing the best they can but do not have the resources to make it work . They have their hands tied by the executive level who refuses to do what it takes to correct this . They will not spend the money because it effects the o/r . The o/r is what Jacobs is trying to sell the stock on. When this split is final he will need it to pump up the sale of the stock on the Xpo side. Listen to this quarters coming investors call and you will here no mention of this mess . Just boasting over the added revenue and how well we’re doing. The problem is they can only keep this up for the short term because customers are getting fed up.

He was talking of quitting this week. The Driver who bought him in is trying to keep him here so he gets his bonus for bringing him on. If he quits ( which seems likely) we will continue our net gain of zero.
I was at at a grocery warehouse on Thursday & the xpo driver had a new driver with him & I said how long is this one going to last, he said hopefully the week. The next day I was over True value distribution center & another new driver left a skid of jack Link’s beef jerky on the dock & left, never got the bill signed. The shipper ask where he went I said I have no idea, he then told me he had 6 skids that were dropped off at 3:30 when they were leaving the only problem was they were addressed to a totally different customer in Idaho and this warehouse is in Pennsylvania. It’s sad to say but this is the new normal for every company….

Sounds exactly the same as XAB. This is, as we all know, the definition of insanity. Bottom line, if we can’t service the customer, we should hang it up.
One thing I don’t understand in Albany’s case is the management team, less the FOM, is still intact as far as I know. I haven’t heard of any involvement from the regional manager or additional management brought in to help get things straightened out. I just don’t understand why they can’t fix this.
The inbound FOS quit back in June. I talked to Ron, the W&I out of Albany, last night and he heard that the company has two FOS in pipe line that need training. If I had to guess the next supervisor to go is the dispatcher. The guy has made it know that he will not work any other shift by dispatch. The TM will be some time since he hides in his office. But yes I do feel that the blame goes up the latter to. Where it stops who know

The inbound FOS quit back in June. I talked to Ron, the W&I out of Albany, last night and he heard that the company has two FOS in pipe line that need training. If I had to guess the next supervisor to go is the dispatcher. The guy has made it know that he will not work any other shift by dispatch. The TM will be some time since he hides in his office. But yes I do feel that the blame goes up the latter to. Where it stops who know
Agreed

But you keep saying you can't hire anyone. Now you are telling us you hired 3 guys...Which one is it????
2 drivers were hired and quit in the same week they were hired a third is on his way out. If that sounds to being able hire people I think your really stretching it. Lol. Dude I know your objective is to undermine my post but really ….geeze

2 drivers were hired and quit in the same week they were hired a third is on his way out. If that sounds to being able hire people I think your really stretching it. Lol. Dude I know your objective is to undermine my post but really ….geeze
Just stating the facts...The fact is XPH has hired 3 drivers. Which means 3 driver took the time to fill out the app, do a interview, testing, and sit through all the video bs. If they stay that's a different story.

Just stating the facts...The fact is XPH has hired 3 drivers. Which means 3 driver took the time to fill out the app, do a interview, testing, and sit through all the video bs. If they stay that's a different story.
I stand by my post. Xpo in a major metropolitan area can not successfully hire people .

Last edited:
We have less drivers then we did 4 yrs ago . With 3x’s plus the amount of tonnage. Thats how bad it is for us for hiring driver.