XPO | xco

con-f-trucker you are right so yes wish us luck im hoping to get this done, after last night talking to drivers we will have a good turn out on our first round which is set ,and hopefully even more will show up than i expect education is the key.ask yourself what has conway done for you lately lets see took 05% from us to help buy a truckload company raised our insurance, how many times, lets not to metion our vacation oh yea we got the 05% back but still no divdends from (our )purchase hmmm something fishy there so lets add more shiny wheels,and in the south overtime after 50 whats wrong with that pic.i know i left out something so lets stand up for our rights.

will keep all updated on our progress and stand with xco lets get this done .

The Southern Region of Con-f-Freight will never go Union they are Skeered to stand up and fight for there rights
So for those whom would fight in the south good luck most are a Bunch of Panzies !!

Wow, name calling? Really? I guess you must be the only one here that still has your pension, 401k and super good insurance...... cheers to you fir standing up and not being Skeered or whatever thar means.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is something wrong with your barn then... the rules are pretty clear on what's preventable, and what's not. I agree the rules should be applied the same to everyone. Down powerlines are preventable, even though I feel they shouldn't be; ruts on customers grass are preventable because it's damage to customers property. Stupid... yep. You are correct, the rules should be applied to everyone. Have the affected drivers appealed their preventable accidents?

What I hate the most that they have Done is lied to me !! they gave me a pay raise then took it back and more
for health insurance thats not a pay raise then they give back the 5% they took last year and trippled our insurance
WTF Screw Corporate Con~Way Bastards still get there million dollar bonus and crap while the people doing all the real
work suffer and struggle Truth is this we dont need them they need us the back bone of this company is the drivers
and CSR s we make it happen everyday and we could do it with out them and there Fat Checks !!

What I hate the most that they have Done is lied to me !! they gave me a pay raise then took it back and more
for health insurance thats not a pay raise then they give back the 5% they took last year and trippled our insurance
WTF Screw Corporate Con~Way Bastards still get there million dollar bonus and crap while the people doing all the real
work suffer and struggle Truth is this we dont need them they need us the back bone of this company is the drivers
and CSR s we make it happen everyday and we could do it with out them and there Fat Checks !!

By that logic, you should consider quitting your DSR job and become an independent contractor. That way you can still "suffer and strggle" as you say you do now and you won't have to worry about someone else getting "there million dollar bonus and crap" becasue you'll be able to keep every penny your truck earns right? Wrong, you have to get your authority, make your truck payments, buy insurance, retain a lawyer, hire an accountant, pay taxes, purchase fuel, and get jerked around by load brokers, just to mention a few. I've seen alot of short sighted posts on TB of late, but yours ranks right up there as the number 1. You need to grow up sir, put your big boy pants on and then come back to the table. Acceptance of situations that we cannot control is key to being happy.

You think they need you? You better think again, all they need is a body and if it's not your body, it will be that guy outside looking in trying to get your job. You want things to get better for you, then be patient and wait for the economy to bounce back, and that advice goes for all of you out there who think turning Con-way into a union circus is the way to go.

By that logic, you should consider quitting your DSR job and become an independent contractor. That way you can still "suffer and strggle" as you say you do now and you won't have to worry about someone else getting "there million dollar bonus and crap" becasue you'll be able to keep every penny your truck earns right? Wrong, you have to get your authority, make your truck payments, buy insurance, retain a lawyer, hire an accountant, pay taxes, purchase fuel, and get jerked around by load brokers, just to mention a few. I've seen alot of short sighted posts on TB of late, but yours ranks right up there as the number 1. You need to grow up sir, put your big boy pants on and then come back to the table. Acceptance of situations that we cannot control is key to being happy.

You think they need you? You better think again, all they need is a body and if it's not your body, it will be that guy outside looking in trying to get your job. You want things to get better for you, then be patient and wait for the economy to bounce back, and that advice goes for all of you out there who think turning Con-way into a union circus is the way to go.

And there is one of the biggest problems! RESPECT! Used to be they didn't want just a "body". They wanted employees who had an emotional as well as financial stake in the growth of this company. They used to have that. We used to work together (drivers and management) to make the company better and take care of the customers. Used to be a "TEAM"! Now they say that and it takes everything not to laugh. Used to be we had pride in what we did. Now you bring temp agencies and workers that are tearing up freight faster than we can get it back to the terminal. Because they are "CHEAP". Not because they want to take care of the people who pay our paychecks. You talk about the economy coming back. It will never come back when company's like Conway sacrifice the service of the customer for the "bottom line". They can bring as many "Bodies" in as they want, but until they get PRIDE back they will never be successful. By the way, I have put my big boy pants on and stepped up to the table. I am not going to be some robot that sits back and takes what they are dishing out. Is a union the answer? I still don't know, but I am more than willing to give it a shot.

My insurance cost was cut in half. You should've signed up for the plan that uses the Healthcare re-imbursement fund. Its great, everybody been to the doctor more than once, and not a penny out of pocket.. not even a co-pay.
And yes, people in charge of billions of dollars get million dollar bonus'. Why don't you apply for the job..

And there is one of the biggest problems! RESPECT! Used to be they didn't want just a "body". They wanted employees who had an emotional as well as financial stake in the growth of this company. They used to have that. We used to work together (drivers and management) to make the company better and take care of the customers. Used to be a "TEAM"! Now they say that and it takes everything not to laugh. Used to be we had pride in what we did. Now you bring temp agencies and workers that are tearing up freight faster than we can get it back to the terminal. Because they are "CHEAP". Not because they want to take care of the people who pay our paychecks. You talk about the economy coming back. It will never come back when company's like Conway sacrifice the service of the customer for the "bottom line". They can bring as many "Bodies" in as they want, but until they get PRIDE back they will never be successful. By the way, I have put my big boy pants on and stepped up to the table. I am not going to be some robot that sits back and takes what they are dishing out. Is a union the answer? I still don't know, but I am more than willing to give it a shot.

Damages are about 1/3 of what they were 2 years ago.
What do you think is going to happen to you when they find out who you are? Or anybody who is going to refuse to either come to work or do some work..? I don't think your going to get very many of those line-haulers making 90K agree to go on some kind of strike. This job is easy money.
If you need someone to hold your hand and talk to you with respect, then maybe get a job at the library or something. haha It's a trucking company!

The Southern Region of Con-f-Freight will never go Union they are Skeered to stand up and fight for there rights
So for those whom would fight in the south good luck most are a Bunch of Panzies !!

Ok, so Con-way knows who you are and you've told them of your intentions? If your that tough, you should let them know..lol

I respect the frustration you and many are feeling right now about the company, but I cannot come off my position of believing that patience is the answer and the union is not. Now more than ever, it's important that we keep things in perspective and not cave to the mob mentality that pro-union people are bringing to the table. If you think the company shows you no respect now, wait and see how they will treat you with a contract in place. I know things between us and the company haven't been exactly peachy king over the last few years, but IMO, having the union come into our house will just drive the final wedge between us and them and there will never be a TEAM again. IMO, if we want teamwork, we have to act as part of the team, we cannot try to take from the company what they cannot afford to give during tough economic times. As far as PRIDE goes, I think the company has realized the error of it's ways and is trying to make things better, getting rid of Lebrie was a good start, but they have a ways to go and I think they will continue. By you guys trying to organize, you're showing the company that you don't give a crap about their future or mine for that matter, and the only thing you care about is yourselves and what you think you're entitled to. I think you're failing to realize that if the company doesn't profit first and honor the financial obligations it has to it's shareholders that there may be no company in the future for us to work for.

As I stated before, the Teamsters aren't a part of the solution, but rather, a part of the problem. You say you're not sure if a union is the answer? Then why move forward? Don't you think you should be absolutely sure about something as important as this? Having a union in here would change everything about this company, how they relate to us, how they operate, the impact to the bottom line, EVERYTHING. Some changes may be good for DSRs in the short term, but what have you considered for the long term? Have you ever stopped to think how future investors may feel about buying company stock if we went union? Do you know that the company issued more stock to purchase mobilsco and safestack? Suppose the company had a harder time raising funds in the future because our present group of investors got skittish about investing in a union company. Have you considered in your decision making process how going union may affect our relationships with our current customers? What if we lose some of them because we have to raise our prices due to a union contract? Is it fair to our customers to ask them to pay more just because a bunch of drivers are so self-interested that they had to form a union? If I were a customer, I may be inclined to change preferred carriers based on the simple fact that I do not like labor unions, we just don't know. I urge you pro-union people to please consider the ideas I've presented here and really think about what you might be getting us all into.

All due respect intended

I respect the frustration you and many are feeling right now about the company, but I cannot come off my position of believing that patience is the answer and the union is not. Now more than ever, it's important that we keep things in perspective and not cave to the mob mentality that pro-union people are bringing to the table. If you think the company shows you no respect now, wait and see how they will treat you with a contract in place. I know things between us and the company haven't been exactly peachy king over the last few years, but IMO, having the union come into our house will just drive the final wedge between us and them and there will never be a TEAM again. IMO, if we want teamwork, we have to act as part of the team, we cannot try to take from the company what they cannot afford to give during tough economic times. As far as PRIDE goes, I think the company has realized the error of it's ways and is trying to make things better, getting rid of Lebrie was a good start, but they have a ways to go and I think they will continue. By you guys trying to organize, you're showing the company that you don't give a crap about their future or mine for that matter, and the only thing you care about is yourselves and what you think you're entitled to. I think you're failing to realize that if the company doesn't profit first and honor the financial obligations it has to it's shareholders that there may be no company in the future for us to work for.

As I stated before, the Teamsters aren't a part of the solution, but rather, a part of the problem. You say you're not sure if a union is the answer? Then why move forward? Don't you think you should be absolutely sure about something as important as this? Having a union in here would change everything about this company, how they relate to us, how they operate, the impact to the bottom line, EVERYTHING. Some changes may be good for DSRs in the short term, but what have you considered for the long term? Have you ever stopped to think how future investors may feel about buying company stock if we went union? Do you know that the company issued more stock to purchase mobilsco and safestack? Suppose the company had a harder time raising funds in the future because our present group of investors got skittish about investing in a union company. Have you considered in your decision making process how going union may affect our relationships with our current customers? What if we lose some of them because we have to raise our prices due to a union contract? Is it fair to our customers to ask them to pay more just because a bunch of drivers are so self-interested that they had to form a union? If I were a customer, I may be inclined to change preferred carriers based on the simple fact that I do not like labor unions, we just don't know. I urge you pro-union people to please consider the ideas I've presented here and really think about what you might be getting us all into.

All due respect intended

We could go back and forth about this for years. I do respect your opinion and everybody elses opinion on the matter. Collecting signatures does not get the union in here. A VOTE does. I would urge everyone who is reading these threads (and there are allot), to do what Idgarrit says. EDUCATE YOURSELF! Don't be sheep blindly being led by the sheppard. Don't base your choice on anything you read on these boards. Written by me or anyone else. The posts here are our personal opinions on the way we feel about the subject. We are giving you the information as we see it, based in truth, but the truth as we see it. You should research this yourself. Go to other sites. Go talk to a union. Any union. Find the answers for yourself. If and when the vote happens here at XCO. I hope that any of the drivers who are against it present their side of this argument too. Intelligent side. Not this "I'm gonna kick your *** for messin' with my money" side. I know that our intentions at XCO are not to screw anybody. Even the company. We want everyone involved. The most senior driver to the driver that just started last week. This isn't about what I want or what you want. It should be about what WE want. At least in that we could really call ourselves a "TEAM"

the great thing about all this we all have the right to vote with out being pressured for or against,if you dont like a politican vote them out thats our right,sometimes we have to choose the lesser of two evils, in our case we can vote do we want conway to continue representing us or do we want the teamsters to represent us . whoever thinks the stockholders owns conway guess again lose every single customer we have,then tell me who owns conway my point is we the employees are the ones that keep the customer and conway forgot that.so we want to remind them by voting for new representation and yes we have that right just like those that are against it we have the right to campaign for a union just like conway has the right to campaign against it if any one here doesnt believe me check the law we do have law behind us those that check the law and want to go union wont be afraid of conway or anyone else.

the great thing about all this we all have the right to vote with out being pressured for or against,if you dont like a politican vote them out thats our right,sometimes we have to choose the lesser of two evils, in our case we can vote do we want conway to continue representing us or do we want the teamsters to represent us . whoever thinks the stockholders owns conway guess again lose every single customer we have,then tell me who owns conway my point is we the employees are the ones that keep the customer and conway forgot that.so we want to remind them by voting for new representation and yes we have that right just like those that are against it we have the right to campaign for a union just like conway has the right to campaign against it if any one here doesnt believe me check the law we do have law behind us those that check the law and want to go union wont be afraid of conway or anyone else.

Easy choice when I know that our leaders value us as an asset and consequently, will honor all past and future commitments and obligations.

I want our leaders to represent me. Yup, have been told by the true believers on here that all I need to do is wait and everything will get better.

No one is going to pressure anyone how to vote if that day comes, but there will be lively debate throughout the process that leads up to that vote and I plan on voicing my opinion until that happens. No one, including myself has said that pro-union types do not have the right to voice their opinions on this matter, regardless of the fact that I personally wish we weren't having this debate.

Regarding ownership of the company, I think it's a little misguided for you to think that we as DSRs have enough power to significantly effect whether or not customers are going to ship with us or our competitors when most of the time we do not deal with plant managers, purchasing agents, and owners. We tend to deal more with shippers and receivers, hourly people who like us have a relatively small amount of power within their companies to affect change of any great meaning.

Bottom line is if you treat your employees good they will never,never consider a union, but the last 5 years have been hell for many and the take, take and take some more attitiude has pissed off alot....now its too late to say sorry. Imo this will spread like wild fire if it gets to the next step.

bottom line is if you treat your employees good they will never,never consider a union, but the last 5 years have been hell for many and the take, take and take some more attitiude has pissed off alot....now its too late to say sorry. Imo this will spread like wild fire if it gets to the next step.
imo, if you guys are able to make this happen, it will do nothing but open the doors for us in the south. Coming from a smaller barn, well, in the sence we have 35 or so drivers,there are several fac's with a couple hundred guyes. Good luck to you all and i hope ya'll can make this happen. I think there is a lot in the south pulling for you................................

On company property you have few civil rights. Those rights are checked at the gate upon arrival. You need to do some research as to what can and can't occur regarding organizing efforts on company property. An employer can hold all the meetings they want to communicate their position on labor organizing. And they have to allow ZERO opportunity for the individuals and their efforts. You do not vote to decide whether to keep the company representing you or deciding to have a third party negotiate for you. If you sign the card you as an individual are authorizing the union to represent you in negotiating a labor contract. There are no choices in cards to sign, if you sign a card, any card you are giving your authorization. Enough cards signed creates a filing with the National Labor Relations Board. Next an election, 50% plus one is considered a victory for the organizing efforts. Many things can occur between a successful election to having a contract agreement with an employer. What happens if the employer does not recognize the effort? Mediation, unfair labor practice strike, binding arbitration, bad-faith bargaining, WORKERS LOCKED OUT, work without a contract... all possibilities in this modern world. Pop quiz, what was the average length of time for Overnite terminals from successful elections to ratification? You better do some homework, nobody forces anybody in this modern age.

Want the facts on the company's position on organized labor, customers and stock holders? Open your annual report and get the facts. Our success in part is due to a non-union neutral position on strikes. Union or no union for the customer or other carriers that may effect a customer's product, our services have not been effected because we do not recognize disruptions in labor performances.

On company property you have few civil rights. Those rights are checked at the gate upon arrival. You need to do some research as to what can and can't occur regarding organizing efforts on company property. An employer can hold all the meetings they want to communicate their position on labor organizing. And they have to allow ZERO opportunity for the individuals and their efforts. You do not vote to decide whether to keep the company representing you or deciding to have a third party negotiate for you. If you sign the card you as an individual are authorizing the union to represent you in negotiating a labor contract. There are no choices in cards to sign, if you sign a card, any card you are giving your authorization. Enough cards signed creates a filing with the National Labor Relations Board. Next an election, 50% plus one is considered a victory for the organizing efforts. Many things can occur between a successful election to having a contract agreement with an employer. What happens if the employer does not recognize the effort? Mediation, unfair labor practice strike, binding arbitration, bad-faith bargaining, WORKERS LOCKED OUT, work without a contract... all possibilities in this modern world. Pop quiz, what was the average length of time for Overnite terminals from successful elections to ratification? You better do some homework, nobody forces anybody in this modern age.

Want the facts on the company's position on organized labor, customers and stock holders? Open your annual report and get the facts. Our success in part is due to a non-union neutral position on strikes. Union or no union for the customer or other carriers that may effect a customer's product, our services have not been effected because we do not recognize disruptions in labor performances.

You are right. On company property we have little to no rights, but anyone that's determined to make a change will do whatever is nessesary. Schedule and show up for meetings on weekends. Go to peoples houses if nessesary. Whatever it takes. I don't understand why people think that just because we are truckdrivers we are some how uneducated hillbillies. Do you think that we really thought that this was going to be easy? I'm sure that Conway will pull every trick in the book, if or when we win representation. We'll have to cross those bridges when we get to them. I think every one in this company is well aware of the companies stance on Unions. Why do you think so many people are afraid to even mention the word. All your doing is using scare tactics to try to persuade other people from taking a stand. Just like when these threads started 3 weeks ago. Doom and gloom was predicted from the 1st post that was made. Gates were going to be locked and employees were going to be fired. Well, here we are 3 weeks later. We are all still here and the gates are open. Management has been very quiet on the matter so far. There are federal laws that protect our rights to organize. They know that. We are not going away. This isn't going away. We will not lay down like sheep anymore.