XPO | xco

it will pay off in the end. maybe people won't be forced into anymore 14 hour days, or you will get your 401k back. what would you have to say if that happened?

All the top guys at our place do the 14. They have their choice of doing whatever they want. They want the money for their families. Me too. I dont want that messed with.
And the 401 will come back when there is money to put in it. If there is no money to put in, then contract or no contract, it's not happening.

All the top guys at our place do the 14. They have their choice of doing whatever they want. They want the money for their families. Me too. I dont want that messed with.
And the 401 will come back when there is money to put in it. If there is no money to put in, then contract or no contract, it's not happening.

If you made time and half, those 14 hours of wages could be accomplished in 12 hours. That leaves 10 hours a week for recreation or performing simple tasks at home like mowing the lawn. I would be exhausted working those hours, so would have to pay someone to mow my lawn. Personally, my savings would be $200/mo. OR, if someone were so inclined, they could work another 2 hours of OT and make an additional $300/week. That equates to $15,000 annually for the family you never get to know. And you can still work yourself into an early grave.

Okay, so per you we might get back the 401K if we just be docile and patient and good little drivers. Are there any other reduced or removed benefits that we should wait for?

The company has lied more than once. Is there ANY reason why I should believe they don't have the money....and that they have not all along?

Once that trust is violated, credibility disappears forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lies are part of the game plan. I was told once to break the law to do my job and that the company would pay the fine if there was one. Then the FOS threatened my job.

If you made time and half, those 14 hours of wages could be accomplished in 12 hours. That leaves 10 hours a week for recreation or performing simple tasks at home like mowing the lawn. I would be exhausted working those hours, so would have to pay someone to mow my lawn. Personally, my savings would be $200/mo. OR, if someone were so inclined, they could work another 2 hours of OT and make an additional $300/week. That equates to $15,000 annually for the family you never get to know. And you can still work yourself into an early grave.

Okay, so per you we might get back the 401K if we just be docile and patient and good little drivers. Are there any other reduced or removed benefits that we should wait for?

The company has lied more than once. Is there ANY reason why I should believe they don't have the money....and that they have not all along?

Once that trust is violated, credibility disappears forever.

Overtime is not the issue here. Driving time doesn't count towards ovetime. You know that, and so does everybody else whom bids those long runs and want the dock time for the money.
As far as money the company has, we can only read the financial statements, and cannot speculate as to anybody breaking the law.

Overtime is not the issue here. Driving time doesn't count towards ovetime. You know that, and so does everybody else whom bids those long runs and want the dock time for the money.
As far as money the company has, we can only read the financial statements, and cannot speculate as to anybody breaking the law.

Also want to add, this is a big company, not a HUGE company, like fedex or UPS. Again, only stating facts with respect to the financials..

Lies are part of the game plan. I was told once to break the law to do my job and that the company would pay the fine if there was one. Then the FOS threatened my job.

You should never be told to break the law. You can report that via the employee portal. Or going to ethicspoint.com

Next week is the annual Teamsters convention in Las Vegas. Anyone want to take a bet as to which company will be a hot topic issue on that convention floor? TE out....

Original post almost sounded as though your senior drivers where making a daily choice to work all of that extra time. I'll ask for clarification next time. How about we call it extra time since OT is not a P&D issue in the south.

Post still stands on its own as a simple and sobering demonstration using real numbers.

Also want to add, this is a big company, not a HUGE company, like fedex or UPS. Again, only stating facts with respect to the financials..

I Know, lets call it a "nearly huge but certainly not humungous monster company that lacks integrity".

UPS and FedEx have humungous monster payrolls - comparable to their size and revenue. It is relative and proportional.

Am NOT getting this point at all. With our size, we qualify for really BIG discounts for health care,,,,,but WAIT! We are self insured.

401K's/pensions costs the same for them as it does for us - Per Person.

How will the Union keep the company from working people 14 perfectly legal hours? You get time and a half after 40 don't you?
In the South as you know there is no time and a half after 40. Here its after 50. Forget after 40, after 8 is the better deal. That would discourage some of that 14"perfectly legal" but immoral fun and games abuse. They might have to hire a few more drivers to spread the burden out. And since technically we don't have the old South, Central and West divisions any more what happened to addressing the disparity in the pay scale and O.T. policy that was hinted at being addressed when the consolidation occurred? We all know the answer to that now don't we.

All the top guys at our place do the 14. They have their choice of doing whatever they want. They want the money for their families. Me too. I dont want that messed with. BS, they do it so that they don't get fired. at a teamsters barn you can greive being worked over 10 if you requested not to be worked that long.

more BS. there is money to put into it right now, but as long as people roll over, it won't come back.

How will the Union keep the company from working people 14 perfectly legal hours? You get time and a half after 40 dont you?

yrc and abf drivers can greive working over 10 if they request it off at the beginning of the day. as long as you provide them a resonalble amount of time, and dont request it last minute, than they have to get you off in 10 hours. thats how the union will keep the company from working you 14 hours every day. it has nothing to do with overtime, and everything to do with your personal time.

yrc and abf drivers can greive working over 10 if they request it off at the beginning of the day. as long as you provide them a resonalble amount of time, and dont request it last minute, than they have to get you off in 10 hours. thats how the union will keep the company from working you 14 hours every day. it has nothing to do with overtime, and everything to do with your personal time.

What else can the union do to make the company less efficient? Please share. Can we greive if our dispatcher hurts our feelings to?

What else can the union do to make the company less efficient? Please share. Can we greive if our dispatcher hurts our feelings to?

Actually yes you would be able to,.......If the dispatcher engages in behavior to belittle or intimidate a Union member a grievance can and should be filled,...

is not the union who decide how many hours we work,it's us the drivers the employees we are the union, teamsters only represent us the employees.

If the most senior drivers want to spend more quality time at home with their families, how does that hurt the companies efficiency? I'm not a mathematics major but it makes sense to me that if there is overtime to be earned, and the senior guys want to pass it along to the most junior drivers, who are probably in progression (less per hour) then it would help the efficiency of the operations. But then again, from what some have posted here, the south doesn't earn overtime until 50 hours. In my opinion that is a tragedy in it's self. Idgarrit, I really think you should just stay quiet in regards to this unionization topic. Because you are only making it easier for those of us who really want justice for all of our conway brothers and sisters. On second thought, keep up the good work, us Teamsters love ya baby! TE out....

If the most senior drivers want to spend more quality time at home with their families, how does that hurt the companies efficiency? I'm not a mathematics major but it makes sense to me that if there is overtime to be earned, and the senior guys want to pass it along to the most junior drivers, who are probably in progression (less per hour) then it would help the efficiency of the operations. But then again, from what some have posted here, the south doesn't earn overtime until 50 hours. In my opinion that is a tragedy in it's self. Idgarrit, I really think you should just stay quiet in regards to this unionization topic. Because you are only making it easier for those of us who really want justice for all of our conway brothers and sisters. On second thought, keep up the good work, us Teamsters love ya baby! TE out....

Wow, a supposedly free thinking union supporter trying to censor free speech? Disagree with his opinions if you like, but to try and sensor his opinions just makes you, and your movement, look foolish. Of course, that is another topic altogether.

A tragedy indeed. Be glad you don't work in Texas. Conway has always taken full advantage of a B.S. Texas law that if you work in transportation, aviation or communications and your base hourly pay is equal to or exceeds twice the minimum wage they don't owe you overtime. I don't understand why my time after 40 is not as valuable if I work in one of these three fields as the next guys. It is completely at the company's discretion or shall we say what they are forced to do. When I came to work at Conway in 98 in Texas we had O.T. after 60(at those generous terms I never cared to see O.T.) and eventually their conscience bothered them so much they graciously coughed it up after 50.( uh....ya...losing a lot of hands to Fed Ex who were paying O.T. after 8 hours daily) Point is they wont do a damn thing for you they are not FORCED to do.