XPO | Xin signing cards?

I can't wait for the layoffs..won't effect me. This loser is trying to drive business to union companies..doing the same at FedEx. Its these guys who are doing the work..they want your money..no contract will change very much of what you have now..especially those in the north. They're promising stuff they can't deliver. I'm telling you there will be layoffs.... spread the word.
When you talk about promising stuff they won't deliver, are you talking about Con-Way MGMT.? ie. pension. sick days, 401K match, etc,etc. I know your the only one that matters, so why don't you sit back and watch.

Sorta sounds like "We have to pass the bill, to see what's in it." No thanks, I'll pass.
Its a vote on whether or not they want representation. Not a contract vote. You have to have representation before you can negotiate something

I can't wait for the layoffs..won't effect me. This loser is trying to drive business to union companies..doing the same at FedEx. Its these guys who are doing the work..they want your money..no contract will change very much of what you have now..especially those in the north. They're promising stuff they can't deliver. I'm telling you there will be layoffs.... spread the word.
Of course you won't get layoff , you're management, and again there goes that management language you use!
And also you talk about laying off and addressing for others to spread the word! Sounds like a threat there!
Possible NLRB action there teddy bear from LLA
Hopefully the IP# is not coming from a Conway computer!

Of course you won't get layoff , you're management, and again there goes that management language you use!
And also you talk about laying off and addressing for others to spread the word! Sounds like a threat there!
Possible NLRB action there teddy bear from LLA
Hopefully the IP# is not coming from a Conway computer!

Dude you gotta have 15 years to still be working at the YRC barn here. We got guys driving for us because YRC laid them off.

Are you some " special " kinda stupid ? Cause I don't wanna be making fun of any Forrest Gump types.

Dude you gotta have 15 years to still be working at the YRC barn here. We got guys driving for us because YRC laid them off.

Are you some " special " kinda stupid ? Cause I don't wanna be making fun of any Forrest Gump types.
Many of those layoffs are due to the dovetailing of 2 company's boards.

Many of those layoffs are due to the dovetailing of 2 company's boards.

Not here. The Holland and Yellow terminals are still separate.

But they did turn Cowtown into a dead end terminal. Pushed all that freight south through Cincy and offered them all to transfer, follow the freight.

We had a couple guys working here for a few months that jumped on it. Last I heard from the one he is running his balls off. Made high 90's in spite of the give back.

Talk in xsw is that indy is going to file a Petition to Organize

I noticed we took a turn in there somewhere. Ummmm, XIN had a huge defection to OD.

They got some goodies to try and help placate the drivers. It seems the unrest continues.

I would be interested to hear what a vote there would turn out. Both in total numbers to vote and the results of that vote.

That isn't a typical big union town.

I noticed we took a turn in there somewhere. Ummmm, XIN had a huge defection to OD.

They got some goodies to try and help placate the drivers. It seems the unrest continues.

I would be interested to hear what a vote there would turn out. Both in total numbers to vote and the results of that vote.

That isn't a typical big union town.

Strange timing with all this because when I got to work this morning as a linehaul guy was leaving that's been here over 20 years he said there's about to be a mass exodus at our barn. I know you hear this all the time but hearing it from this guy and the reason made me think it may really be about to happen. Basically folks at our barn are really fed up with the way things are going and our local UPS is needing a lot of Feeder drivers right now all the sudden for some reason and that's where he said they're going. I filled out my app with them tonight as well. I don't know if it's correct but another guy was saying he thinks they top out around $35 per hour.

Strange timing with all this because when I got to work this morning as a linehaul guy was leaving that's been here over 20 years he said there's about to be a mass exodus at our barn. I know you hear this all the time but hearing it from this guy and the reason made me think it may really be about to happen. Basically folks at our barn are really fed up with the way things are going and our local UPS is needing a lot of Feeder drivers right now all the sudden for some reason and that's where he said they're going. I filled out my app with them tonight as well. I don't know if it's correct but another guy was saying he thinks they top out around $35 per hour.

Yes, that is all true. You can literally google the UPS teamster contract and read it. It's out there for all.

They have a real retirement program. So when they complete their years. They are done. No hanging around for this or that.

But they did turn Cowtown into a dead end terminal. Pushed all that freight south through Cincy and offered them all to transfer, follow the freight.

We had a couple guys working here for a few months that jumped on it. Last I heard from the one he is running his balls off. Made high 90's in spite of the give back.
Many of the large metro areas were home to both a Roadway and a Yellowv barn. The one in my town merged 2 boards and were kinda driver heavy.

Beerfd you and I both know the south will never go Union these fools talking smack to the wrong people !!!!!

Many of the large metro areas were home to both a Roadway and a Yellowv barn. The one in my town merged 2 boards and were kinda driver heavy.

I can see that. I don't know for certain but I have to believe we would have had that situation here as well.

I can see that. I don't know for certain but I have to believe we would have had that situation here as well.
We don't have any over lapping service centers....remember not too long ago, we closed a bunch of them to reduce some costs. We can't cover the freight increase we have now nor the inability to make new hires at my place. We used to be able to be choosey, but now it seems if you can breathe and create a somewhat coherent thought, you're hired.

Well, they are talking about Texas. The people in Texas are much their own.

Hey watch it now , I'm a texacan and beerfd is a texaCant , he's on his own when it comes to his views on protection from the big bad wolf !
Hard working texans in LLA will getter done !

He means when Yellow and Roadway merged boards.