XPO | Xin signing cards?

We don't have any over lapping service centers....remember not too long ago, we closed a bunch of them to reduce some costs. We can't cover the freight increase we have now nor the inability to make new hires at my place. We used to be able to be choosey, but now it seems if you can breathe and create a somewhat coherent thought, you're hired.

My place you just gotta have a CDL. We got some real space cadets. I mean just loopy. I really wonder how they get through a day.

Everything about this company has degraded. Everything. I really don't know that I can pull out one thing that has gotten better.

Dude you gotta have 15 years to still be working at the YRC barn here. We got guys driving for us because YRC laid them off.

Are you some " special " kinda stupid ? Cause I don't wanna be making fun of any Forrest Gump types.
Hey Forrest Dumb, you got wrong guy, I worked at Viking/ FedEx for 25 years!
Told you, you're thinking with ANGER!

I can't wait for the layoffs..won't effect me. This loser is trying to drive business to union companies..doing the same at FedEx. Its these guys who are doing the work..they want your money..no contract will change very much of what you have now..especially those in the north. They're promising stuff they can't deliver. I'm telling you there will be layoffs.... spread the word.

I'm sure it's the employees who have contacted the union, he as you called him is just trying to lead them through the process! You and your ranting has probably helped to persuade them to continue on!

I don't know a lot about unions, for instance, Can someone tell me why do UPS union drivers top out around $34 per hr but Yellow/Holland top out $12 or so lower ?

If we got UPS type deal which is about 1 mile from our conway terminal then hell yes, it would be great for everyone but not the Yellow/Holland deal..That wouldn't be a real good deal in my area..... I know it's not all about pay, they also help to control loose cannons (office punks) from firing folks and writing up folks for no reason and hopefully give us as drivers a more fair advantage in having rights. But who can really take $120-$150 decrease in pay per week plus union dues? and that's the difference in our local Yellow terminal and the local Con-way terminal.. Assuming what I've heard is true (yellow/Holland tops out at about $22Hr) Con-way pays about $3 per hour more per hr on top out in my area plus we get time and a half at 8.

The bottom line is that for some areas the yellow/Holland union type deal may work but probably wouldn't fly in my area. UPS deal on the other hand in my eye would most certainly get the vote in my opinion since we have guys talking about leaving for UPS as I type this.

I don't know a lot about unions, for instance, Can someone tell me why do UPS union drivers top out around $34 per hr but Yellow/Holland top out $12 or so lower ?

If we got UPS type deal which is about 1 mile from our conway terminal then hell yes, it would be great for everyone but not the Yellow/Holland deal..That wouldn't be a real good deal in my area..... I know it's not all about pay, they also help to control loose cannons (office punks) from firing folks and writing up folks for no reason and hopefully give us as drivers a more fair advantage in having rights. But who can really take $120-$150 decrease in pay per week plus union dues? and that's the difference in our local Yellow terminal and the local Con-way terminal.. Assuming what I've heard is true (yellow/Holland tops out at about $22Hr) Con-way pays about $3 per hour more per hr on top out in my area plus we get time and a half at 8.

The bottom line is that for some areas the yellow/Holland union type deal may work but probably wouldn't fly in my area. UPS deal on the other hand in my eye would most certainly get the vote in my opinion since we have guys talking about leaving for UPS as I type this.
Holland gets OT after 8 hours as well. They also don't pay a dime for their insurance coverage and it's better coverage than the crap Cigna that Con-Job uses.

You wont get the yellow/holland contract. You also wont get the UPS contract. You will get the conway contract that is negotiated for and voted on by you

Holland gets OT after 8 hours as well. They also don't pay a dime for their insurance coverage and it's better coverage than the crap Cigna that Con-Job uses.

I believe I pay around $31 per week for insurance. That's not too bad and that's the top tier plus plan conway offers for myself and two children. Medical, Dental, Vision and I believe $350,000 in life insurance.

The worst thing about conway for me is the office scrubs. If they'd keep their mouths shut, let me come in and do my job and go home I'd have no problems. I just can't stand them constantly flapping their jaws, griping at someone every day, write-ups, and god forbid you ever rub one of the guys in the office the wrong way because if your on P&D you'll get the lift gate, inside deliveries, hotels crap runs everyday until someone else rubs them wrong. When the guys in the office screw up which is every day, they pay no consequences but man if your a driver and forget to do something or makes a small mistake it's the end of the world.

I believe I pay around $31 per week for insurance. That's not too bad and that's the top tier plus plan conway offers for myself and two children. Medical, Dental, Vision and I believe $350,000 in life insurance.

The worst thing about conway for me is the office scrubs. If they'd keep their mouths shut, let me come in and do my job and go home I'd have no problems. I just can't stand them constantly flapping their jaws, griping at someone every day, write-ups, and god forbid you ever rub one of the guys in the office the wrong way because if your on P&D you'll get the lift gate, inside deliveries, hotels crap runs everyday until someone else rubs them wrong. When they guys in the office screw up which is every day, they pay no consequences but man if a driver forgets to do something or makes a small mistake it's the end of the world.
Yeah that's my biggest complaint. Quit micro-managing everything, leave me the hell alone and let me do my job. I don't care what college degree you have, you're not going to tell me anything about driving a truck that I don't already know.

Yeah that's my biggest complaint. Quit micro-managing everything, leave me the hell alone and let me do my job. I don't care what college degree you have, you're not going to tell me anything about driving a truck that I don't already know.
I've got 25 years 2 1/2 months under my belt and some punk azz kid with 2 minutes of experience with a cocky attitude is going to insist that I listen to him or else , excuse my language but this little cockroach can go pound sand back at his mommas house . This is one of the main problems we have with this current management is they play there little hidden agenda games with the drivers and they don't know squat except how to demand some sort of respect and write loi's non stop, these little parasites can go .... Themselves . This is exactly why we need representation that warrants protection from this abuse all the while we let these rodents run round here picking us off one at a time !

Anyone who signs a card should know that management WILL NEVER FIND OUT who signs card. That i can promise you. Only people that will know are you, the organizer and the NLRB.

The organizer will know that I did not sign the card. He will then know that I used force to get him and his thugs off my property when they come to my home to ask why.
Oh, you didn't know that these clowns will visit you at home and convince you that "you need to sign the card"?
I've seen this happen locally to a family member. BTW, the workers there overwhelmingly told the union to "beat it".
They are nothing but mini-mobsters who want more money in their coffers.
Send them packin' if it ever gets to that point.

The organizer will know that I did not sign the card. He will then know that I used force to get him and his thugs off my property when they come to my home to ask why.
Oh, you didn't know that these clowns will visit you at home and convince you that "you need to sign the card"?
I've seen this happen locally to a family member. BTW, the workers there overwhelmingly told the union to "beat it".

I'LL give them coffee and snacks as I sign...

Thats an almost believable line of BS. Nobody will come to your home. You watch too much TV

The company doesn't try to get you to sign anything, they just take something every 6mos to 1yr. They don't even pretend to care about anyones wallet but theirs.
Previously the employees told the union to"beat it", how has that been working out for the last 7yrs.?