XPO | Xpo casualties

Were did I say I didn't. I said you must...The finance company requires it. Yes I have full now but in the past I didn't when you have beater cars why pay the extra money on them. In the past I have had atleast 2 beater cars and carried the basic insurance on them. If anything happened to them say hit a deer it cost more then the car is worth to fix so you junk it and look for another one. I just took that extra money I was not paying to insurance and invested it and when I need a replacement I went and bought another beater
You are 100% right in that you didn't say it...but, we were talking about new cars, not beaters, so it wasn't a stretch on my part to think you didn't carry full coverage....one of the reasons I am here is to learn, so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt despite my initial reaction.....I really thought you were going to come back with an answer that would make me think " damn I never thought of that"....we sometimes disagree, but even then I like to read your well reasoned, intelligent posts....

The tally so far this week at our facility is two newbies drivers left after less than one week with a company. A Customer service rep. One sales person and one FOS that is for this week alone. One more day who knows what else could happen. Hey! But there’s nothing wrong.

Last edited:
The tally so far this week at our facility is two newbies drivers left after less than one week with a company. A Customer service rep. One sales person and one FOS that is for this week alone. One more day who knows what else could happen. Hey! But there’s nothing wrong.
You may end up being the only one at your place..

We're only 6 years away from his plan

The biggest road block to driverless trucks is fear. What if some hacker steals that load of what ever and you gotta pay the ransom ?

The biggest road block to driverless trucks is fear. What if some hacker steals that load of what ever and you gotta pay the ransom ?
That's just collateral damage and companies would be willing to take that chance and deal with it rather then have the need for labor.

He can have a plan all he wants but we’re no closer than we were 4 years ago. When he made that statement he was angry as all get out at the Teamsters and trying to threaten his employees to think they are replaceable. ( helps influence driver that might want to organize) To me when he made this statement it really showed his true value of drivers. The other factor is it was a sales pitch to Wall Street. Brad is always touting he’s gonna change LTL with big tech spends. It’s his way of elevating the stock price. The bigger threat now and it’s real due to the driver shortage is the real possibility that he’s going to an owner operator Model with linehaul.

Last edited:
What I heard is they want the fed to put a liable limit on any lawsuit brought against an accident involving a driver-less truck.

We lost another driver and CSR this past week
Had a supervisor leave from outbound. He left LTL entirely. Came from an FAC where he was stuck on nights. He arrived and was stuck on outbound. Went to a local company to become shipping manager. With a pay raise and better hours.

Had a supervisor leave from outbound. He left LTL entirely. Came from an FAC where he was stuck on nights. He arrived and was stuck on outbound. Went to a local company to become shipping manager. With a pay raise and better hours.
That seems to be the trend with the FOS... I know of some that did the same thing. Not all were better pay, but all were better hours

I’m 71 years young
Been with Con-Way / Xpo 31 yrs
Im married with 3 children four Grandchildren
have a net worth in excess of 4 million.
live on a Farm
I raise cows
I collect tractors and fly old planes
I spend my free time mentoring troubled youth .
Im registered independent

let me know if you need more
Excess of 4 million, and your still driving truck? And your 71? I call bullshit