XPO | Xpo casualties

Or possibly he is retired and works as a casual and doesn't let the "**** show" bother him. Once again, who knows and who is to say?
I don't think that is it, he says he is full time...I worked with a guy at YRC who was old enough to retire, but kept working (and still is working) that when I quit to go to ABF, he thanked me because I had never given him a hard time about retiring, I told him it was none of my business, he had to do whatever made him happy. Out of the 15 or so guys there he said only two of us didn't start an argument over it.....smh

I don't think that is it, he says he is full time...I worked with a guy at YRC who was old enough to retire, but kept working (and still is working) that when I quit to go to ABF, he thanked me because I had never given him a hard time about retiring, I told him it was none of my business, he had to do whatever made him happy. Out of the 15 or so guys there he said only two of us didn't start an argument over it.....smh
That's why I keep my age a secret! :438:

Or possibly he is retired and works as a casual and doesn't let the "**** show" bother him. Once again, who knows and who is to say?

He says he’s working max hours and that he’s so upset by the place that he needed a union intervention just to get toilet paper.

Good try though.

He says he’s working max hours and that he’s so upset by the place that he needed a union intervention just to get toilet paper.

Good try though.
I have no idea what he in particular said in the past. My responses were basically generic in the sense that they apply to anyone yoicing opinion about how long or why another person chooses to work.

When referring to my net worth . I do not see what the big deal is . I was left a large parcel of property that is now worth substantially more than ever . The property is on the edge of suburbia. Over the years my land has become desirable to builders . It makes up the vast majority of my net worth. That being said I’m not selling it . It’s been in my family for generations. In fact my distant family received it from the original Penn owners . It’s going to my kids . That being said land only makes you money if you sell it or farm it . I have invested wisely on its equity and have done well . It’s all going to my kids and to keep the farm . No at this point I don’t have to work . The money I earn now goes to support my hobbies and other stuff .its pretty simple . I think most in my shoes would do the same . Maybe not . It’s my choice. I’m land rich . My other investments also add to my worth and at my age I Hope most of you will have saved enough as I have.

When referring to my net worth . I do not see what the big deal is . I was left a large parcel of property that is now worth substantially more than ever . The property is on the edge of suburbia. Over the years my land has become desirable to builders . It makes up the vast majority of my net worth. That being said I’m not selling it . It’s been in my family for generations. In fact my distant family received it from the original Penn owners . It’s going to my kids . That being said land only makes you money if you sell it or farm it . I have invested wisely on its equity and have done well . It’s all going to my kids and to keep the farm . No at this point I don’t have to work . The money I earn now goes to support my hobbies and other stuff .its pretty simple . I think most in my shoes would do the same . Maybe not . It’s my choice. I’m land rich . My other investments also add to my worth and at my age I Hope most of you will have saved enough as I have.
That's one hell of a tax bill. To bad to you live in one of 6 states that impose an inheritance tax on everything you leave to your family, other then you spouse. Good old PA is up to 15% plus costs. Heard of many losing property because of the taxes and even if they sell it the govt still gets it's pound of flesh

That's one hell of a tax bill. To bad to you live in one of 6 states that impose an inheritance tax on everything you leave to your family, other then you spouse. Good old PA is up to 15% plus costs. Heard of many losing property because of the taxes and even if they sell it the govt still gets it's pound of flesh
Fly by night,
Get an appointment with an estate attorney. A properly set up trust can avoid most or all inheritance taxes.

Fly by night,
Get an appointment with an estate attorney. A properly set up trust can avoid most or all inheritance taxes.

After a few generations there are usually enough hands in the pot that what little money the property clears from use, minus land tax, is a fun bonus. But hardly wealth inducing. It’s not until the property is sold that any real money is made. And at the cost of losing all value. They aren’t making any more land. It’s only going to become more and more valuable over time.

Fly by night,
One way to avoid inheritance tax in PA is to establish an irrevocable trust, or simply gift assets (unconditional giving, no strings attached) to someone. You must outlive them at least one year in order for the gift or trust to be complete so that no inheritance tax is due on that property.
Meaning you must give it to them before you die. If you die before the one year mark then taxes must be paid. The only other property that is except for the death tax is a farm but that comes with strings attached too.. If you live in PA and you kid live in say Florida when you die he has to pay taxes to PA, but if you live in Florida, which doesn't have a death tax, and the kid live in PA he pay nothing to no one. Yes it is possible to avoid some of the taxes but PA is a bastard state when it come to there death taxes.