XPO | XPO sends XTO a gift

He doesn't have to worry about lining up o/o for his logistics loads now.... Big load like this, funnel it through the Conway system where the infrastructure is already in place.
I heard Bloomington, IL had 144,000 lbs given to them yesterday from XPO Logistics that they couldn't get moved. From what Brad Jacobs is saying so far, our future sounds brighter as drivers than listening to the old days of "fat beard" trying to eliminate linehaul. It can't hurt to run our fleet at capacity. They certainly know how to do things profitably.

I heard Bloomington, IL had 144,000 lbs given to them yesterday from XPO Logistics that they couldn't get moved. From what Brad Jacobs is saying so far, our future sounds brighter as drivers than listening to the old days of "fat beard" trying to eliminate linehaul. It can't hurt to run our fleet at capacity. They certainly know how to do things profitably.

Sounds like he is testing the system. Happened in more than one place. One moved and the other didn't. Makes you wonder how many of these there were. And what happens to the ones that fail.

xpo has to understand...you cant dump big weight on a barn without notice. you have a finite number of dsr's at night. doubling a barn's outbound is a failing move.

But what if he is just testing the system ? Looking for where there are drivers and management willing to get it done ? A few big shots here and there to see how flexible and reliable our system actually is. He may be keeping things the same. He might be changing the entire operation.

One interview he says he bought this to be the biggest LTL in north America. Another interview he says he bought this to ensure his customers will get their freight.

Hard to day until we see and hear it.

It sounds like his "testing" the system might also be testing the local management team also. I'd recommend that they find a way to pickup and move his freight on time.
Otherwise........

:kickedoutsmile:

This guy talks all the time about the customer and how the customer is more important than everything else.

I think we drivers will be fine. But the farther you get from the freight. Man, you better start looking for something.

We don't want to hurt the numbers by having to pay over-time... (The old Con-way model).

Exactly. The way we have been running is obviously not going to be good enough for this guy. Should be interesting to see what changes are made and how quickly. He don't have a history of sitting around and wait for things to happen.