XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I said they ride the edge of what is legal.
You are correct in I don't know what the union promised the FedEx poeple . I know we have not been promised anything and I doubt they were promised anything knowing it all has to be negotiated. When a employer stalls purposely and drags things out it test the fortitude of employees to the max
Good eye! Delivering new equipment through the system.
Multible sources say these trailers are coming in loaded to xhg. The new high cube trailer were supposed to stay between fac's only according to our regional manager. He's says that some got out through the system by mistake and I haven't seen any for close to 2 weeks at our barn. They are in the system with prefix CWBG instead of 311. I will try to get more info to confirm 100%.

We got two new vans and both were brought in by a sub contractor. If you zoom in on the dolly in the second pic you can see there is a little wheel on the dolly stand just like what's on a boat trailer
Makes sense they wouldn't be using our dollies seeing it's a stretch for the air lines. We will just have to get more info.

I believe I said they ride the edge of what is legal.
You are correct in I don't know what the union promised the FedEx poeple . I know we have not been promised anything and I doubt they were promised anything knowing it all has to be negotiated. When a employer stalls purposely and drags things out it test the fortitude of employees to the max

Multible sources say these trailers are coming in loaded to xhg. The new high cube trailer were supposed to stay between fac's only according to our regional manager. He's says that some got out through the system by mistake and I haven't seen any for close to 2 weeks at our barn. They are in the system with prefix CWBG instead of 311. I will try to get more info to confirm 100%.
Makes sense they wouldn't be using our dollies seeing it's a stretch for the air lines. We will just have to get more info.
OK now I got to throw the BS flag I have loaded, unload, and pulled these new trailer. They do not use CWBG prefix at all. I have also pull theses trailers both as lead and as a kite and in no way is it a stretch for the airlines. I have yet to pull two new trailers as a set thought. I sure others will back me on this

The ones we had in our city operation were also dispatched by the 311 prefix but we have not seen them in a couple weeks. The right hand air line does extend over to the left hand glad hands although not the optimum set up. It's pretty easy to run a history on these trailers but you have to use CWBG as the prefix just like the sub service vans. Hopefully someone can confirm what's going on with this. Drivers at xhg said as of last week they were restricted from using these trailers. According to them they say came in loaded and left with Oo's . I asked the drivers who sent me these pics specifically if they were sure if the trailers were loaded and they swore by it.Hopefully we can get someone in the know here to let us know what's going on. Fly if my info I'm getting is bad I can assure you I will the first one to let it be know I am wrong. Promise.

Last edited:
The ones we had in our city operation were also dispatched by the 311 prefix but we have not seen them in a couple weeks. The right hand air line does extend over to the left hand glad hands although not the optimum set up. It's pretty easy to run a history on these trailers but you have to use CWBG as the prefix just like the sub service vans. Hopefully someone can confirm what's going on with this. Drivers at xhg said as of last week they were restricted from using these trailers. According to them they say came in loaded and left with Oo's . I asked the drivers who sent me these pics specifically if they were sure if the trailers were loaded and they swore by it.Hopefully we can get someone in the know here to let us know what's going on. Fly if my info I'm getting is bad I can assure you I will the first one to let it be know I am wrong. Promise.
They pry have the cwbg prefix because they pry can't dispatch our equipment on a foreign unit just like we can't straight up dispatch with a cwbg or engc or so on"foreign equipment" without changing things a little.

I work out of a large volume sub service fac. We usually have about a half dozen rail containers in our yard. If you talk to the drivers that think they are in the know all crowd you would be led wrong here. They tell everyone we load and break rail containers all the time. If they would stop speculating and spreading false info they could see the truth. All these containers are is load decks from the west coast. We use a lot of decks here so this is cheapest way to get them back. I'm not saying your sources are wrong but sometimes people don't know the whole story.

I work out of a large volume sub service fac. We usually have about a half dozen rail containers in our yard. If you talk to the drivers that think they are in the know all crowd you would be led wrong here. They tell everyone we load and break rail containers all the time. If they would stop speculating and spreading false info they could see the truth. All these containers are is load decks from the west coast. We use a lot of decks here so this is cheapest way to get them back. I'm not saying your sources are wrong but sometimes people don't know the whole story.
Could be.. time will tell. I assure you I expressed skepticism on my part when first sent the pics and questioned the drivers if they arrived loaded with freight or if they were new trailers being shuttled. Both drivers said they had freight on them .

Last edited:
Could be.. time will tell. I assure you I expressed skepticism on my part when first sent the pics and questioned the drivers if they arrived loaded with freight or if they were new trailers being shuttled. Both drivers said they had freight on them .

Again. Doesn't matter if they are empty or not. I see no real difference between whatever this is and us loading freight onto a 53 and pulled by who ever. They are going to continue to cut/gut/slash/cash. If they can save money. They will do that.

The cwbg prefix is the subservice carriers SCAC code. I pulled a high cube trailer Friday, dispatched like any other trailer.

Employment Contracts are only for those at the executive levels silly. You know the top dogs who tell you that you should trust them but they don't trust each other enough to work for the company without a contract.
Whaaat?? You mean they don't deal with just a handshake, promise and a guarantee???? Because they've told us that's all the company can give us. And if anything arises to make sure we call the 1-800-we-don't-care number, So they can be aware of who they'll be firing.

That sounded like a lot, so I finally got around to taking a look for myself.

There are actually only 7 pages of cases(not actions) returned by that search. There are only 67 cases total (10 per page), and at least 14 of those aren't even XPO LTL, they're cartage/drayage/supply chain.

Then you take out the 10 cases that are elections, and you've got 43 ULP cases for LTL.

So out of the 43 ULPs, 28 of them are still open and almost all are at "Yes" barns. Nothing has been proven in those yet- and we all know how easy it is to file a ULP, so you can't really say there were "actions taken" there either.

So now we're down to 15 closed ULPs. Anyone want to guess how many of those resulted in a settlement or an official complaint being issued by the NLRB? That's right, zero. All 15 were either withdrawn or dismissed.

Sounds like XPO is playing fair and the locals specialize in bulls***. It's a PR game- file a bunch of ULPs and hope something sticks, and if it doesn't, hey, look at how many we filed!

I pulled this off of the teamsters site:

Once again, XPO workers have held the company accountable, exposing the company's vicious anti-worker campaign. We are right, they are wrong. Yesterday, July 6, the NLRB ordered XPO to stop refusing to recognize 179 as the exclusive bargaining representative and to start bargaining a contract with Local 179. The workers voted to form their union in October 2016. The company can appeal this latest ruling, but once again the NLRB is siding with workers and ruling against XPO. The company is being forced by the NLRB to follow the law.

Last edited:
The union can't promise anything other than to bargain for them.

That is incorrect. The union can legally promise them anything they want- only the company is prohibited by law from making promises.

You are correct on first part but say xpo raises insurance or tries to take something away it can't do so from the barns that voted in union.

That must be very comforting to those guys in NMF who have watched multiple raises pass them by since their vote. Of course, saying a group of union employees at XPO miscalculated isn't exactly a shocking revelation to most of us.

If you talk to the drivers that think they are in the know all crowd you would be led wrong here... If they would stop speculating and spreading false info they could see the truth... I'm not saying your sources are wrong but sometimes people don't know the whole story.

This pretty much covers every big bad rumor I've heard since I was hired, from benefit and
pay cuts, subservice takeovers, buyouts, and equipment changes. Almost no one ever asks Ann Arbor, and if they do and they deny it then it's a cover-up.

It's classic tinfoil hat hysteria- unions live on that stuff. People would be so much happier if they could just calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.