XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies:
Views:

there's a lot of views of this thread ! 3x's that of the second most popular thread. Seems to be so many people watching .

Last edited:
This pretty much covers every big bad rumor I've heard since I was hired, from benefit and
pay cuts, subservice takeovers, buyouts, and equipment changes. Almost no one ever asks Ann Arbor, and if they do and they deny it then it's a cover-up.

It's classic tinfoil hat hysteria- unions live on that stuff. People would be so much happier if they could just calm down.

I agree with the Tin foil hat thing. We here so many crazy things like Amazon is going to buy us or my favorite classic one they only bought us because they wanted Menlo but had to buy the whole deal to get them.

I pulled this off of the teamsters site:

Once again, XPO workers have held the company accountable, exposing the company's vicious anti-worker campaign. We are right, they are wrong. Yesterday, July 6, the NLRB ordered XPO to stop refusing to recognize 179 as the exclusive bargaining representative and to start bargaining a contract with Local 179. The workers voted to form their union in October 2016. The company can appeal this latest ruling, but once again the NLRB is siding with workers and ruling against XPO. The company is being forced by the NLRB to follow the law.

The Aurora campaign was one of the most vicious organizing efforts in the entire campaign- it is led by some true believers. A couple of them even took some time to go march behind a banner in that California conference protest. Maybe if they would have stayed at their service center and treated people with some respect, they wouldn't have lost the dockworker vote.

Still, the local did win an order to go to the table- with a 5-person NLRB that is short 2 members and has an odd standard for justifying an allegation of coercion and intimidation. So congratulations, I guess? 1 and 43.

It's just a tiny propaganda boost- you and I know those negotiations are going nowhere, don't we?

The Aurora campaign was one of the most vicious organizing efforts in the entire campaign- it is led by some true believers. A couple of them even took some time to go march behind a banner in that California conference protest. Maybe if they would have stayed at their service center and treated people with some respect, they wouldn't have lost the dockworker vote.

Still, the local did win an order to go to the table- with a 5-person NLRB that is short 2 members and has an odd standard for justifying an allegation of coercion and intimidation. So congratulations, I guess? 1 and 43.

It's just a tiny propaganda boost- you and I know those negotiations are going nowhere, don't we?

Dam, Gene you amaze me with your Knowledge of a local NLRB regional office what other driver here would know such a thing. Your insight into what goes on at other terminals during a campaign ..wow ! How do you get this info ? I mean I could see someone in the persuader business (union Busting) or a company big shot involved in the battle having such knowledge but then again I keep forgetting your not the average driver . It's an amazing amount of Knowledge ! Hats off to your research, your hatred for unions runs deep to gather such info I have admit I am impressed . You should see if any of the Persuaders are looking for help I think you missed your calling you definitely would be an asset to them. Plus, I think you would enjoy the work trying to keep workers from improving their status. It would be something you could sink your teeth into. Also your grammar is excellent, well above mine or any other driver here its almost like you don't fit in here its a shame to waste it.

Oh yeah almost forgot , thanks for the insight on the company strategy as to the negotiation always appreciate it.

Last edited:
I would like to point out one of the biggest lies by the anti- busters and company.
They say that if you vote the union ,it's nearly impossible to get them out. Ot will take year's. They say.
Well then why are the FedEx anti's all cheering that they decertified them selves from the union? And did it fast.
So that whole thing about you can't get rid of the union is a big lie.. Just pointing this out.

No negotiation in good faith?

I would like to point out one of the biggest lies by the anti- busters and company.
They say that if you vote the union, it's nearly impossible to get them out. Ot will take year's. They say.

How is that a lie? FedEx had four union barns and one has voted them out almost 3 years later. XPO has 6, and none have filed for decertification. Doesn't seem like it's that easy or fast.

You can't even think about a decert until you've been negotiating for a year- which means you wait for all the appeals. The union will probably not be pleased and they'll know exactly who you are. The company is strictly prohibited by law from helping you. Some employee has to have the stones to collect signatures and then put their name on and file the petition alone. What about that process is easy?

So it's very difficult, and it takes years. Who is lying?

No negotiation in good faith?

Of course they'll negotiate in good faith. They'll show up when they'll say they will, they'll listen to the proposals, they'll probably even agree to some of them like they have in Miami. But the people that voted in the union are going to want more than just Thursday paychecks and agreements to follow federal laws, and by law the company doesn't have to give it to them. Saying "no" is not failing to bargain in good faith.

How is that a lie? FedEx had four union barns and one has voted them out almost 3 years later. XPO has 6, and none have filed for decertification. Doesn't seem like it's that easy or fast.

You can't even think about a decert until you've been negotiating for a month- which means you wait for all the appeals. The union will probably not be pleased and they'll know exactly who you are. The company is strictly prohibited by law from helping you. Some employee has to have the stones to collect signatures and then put their name on and file the petition alone. What about that process is fair

So it's very difficult, and it takes years. Who is lying?
The stones for what ? The big bad union finding out? PLEASE .. you guys and your stories. Talk about tin foil hat stuff. Now that's funny. I think you been watching too many reruns of the Sapprano's again.

I personally know the guy who is heading up the decert for FedEx in Philly ( know him for years a good guy) the company has walked him through every step of the process from day one and we have talked about it extensively.The company has no problem walking line and crossing it when needed . This false narrative that the companies are angels when it comes to this is a flat out lie.

Last edited:
The stones for what ? The big bad union finding out? PLEASE .. you guys and your stories. Talk about tin foil hat stuff. Now that's funny. I think you been watching too many reruns of the Sapprano's again.

I personally know the guy who is heading up the decert for FedEx in Philly ( know him for years a good guy) the company has walked him through every step of the process from day one and we have talked about it extensively.The company has no problem walking line and crossing it when needed . This false narrative that the companies are angels when it comes to this is a flat out lie.
I have a friend who worker's in management assistance. She work's very closely with trucking companies.
She told me that the reason people had pulled away from the union at FedEx was because some employee's we're offerd a little extra incentives. That upper management has been doing a bit of backdoor dealing. That's why some upper management have been showing up at the center's that voted the union and speaking one one with some employee's. So i'm i surprised about FedEx? Hell no i'm not. Management did the same thing at XPO when we had our petition. Like i said before. That's why the coworkers that are still there make more money than me and get away with doing what ever they want when ever they want. It's all about the sell out's. At least in my case.

The stones for what ? The big bad union finding out? PLEASE .. you guys and your stories. Talk about tin foil hat stuff. Now that's funny.

Go ahead and laugh, but good luck convincing anyone. There are many degrees of coercion and tolerance- it doesn't have to be car bombs and bricks through windows, and it doesn't even have to be union-led. To say that it's unreasonable to think that employees might be hesitant to push back after an organizing campaign is either severely out of touch or flat out dishonest.

I personally know the guy who is heading up the decert for FedEx in Philly ( know him for years a good guy) the company has walked him through every step of the process from day one and we have talked about it extensively.

That's interesting- what did he say when you asked him why he doesn't want to improve the lives of the workers?

This false narrative that the companies are angels when it comes to this is a flat out lie.

So is the narrative that they are demons. The truth is in the middle, hiding behind rhetoric and personal biases.

And it's pretty funny to see you complain about lies and false narratives in the same post where you changed my words in the quote box to things I didn't say. What's that all about?

Fred the owner of Fed EX hates unions. But, the funny thing about that, is every person that commands his aircraft is a card carrying Union member. The 'Air Line Pilots Association'. Now if they can get their act together (the fly boys & girls) why not the drivers & dock people? Just wondering. von.

In their eyes we are grunts who deserve nothing but what they deam nessary . Pilots are not in the same catatgory as us in there minds. Sorry but that's the truth no matter how much it bothers you. So sucks there's a 3 hr time difference ;(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.