XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right , overall. I was addressing the common complaint that unionization of XPO would lead to being in a failing pension fund.

To be fair , that does not have to happen , if you use UPS for an example , which is what my post did.

And , again , YES you have a good point when you say UPS Freight is there to fill out their overall portfolio to compete against FedEx.

As Highspeeds and others have said before , an organization is only going to be as strong and smart as the people involved. I think of some of those I work with and that sends a chill down my spine.

You can't trust or respect these backstabbing, phony ass liars while they are standing next to you on the dock, but you are supposed to be able to trust them with serious subjects that impact you and your family ? I can't even count on these people to do their job. No chance. None at all. Zero.

You all talk about standing as a group and supporting each other. So why don't the union members support their own? Do they make sure they shop at a store that has union labor, do they hire a union plumber, electrician, or carpenter? Now I know there is not always that opinion in all areas. I do think it funny when I go to Walmart and see those union license plates, hat, and coats shopping at Walmart when there is a union store right down the street.

Wife still has her union job at the grocery store. We do 95% of our shopping there. It only makes sense, doesn't it ? To support what supports you ? As I get older, made in America means more and more to me also. I still have a little Japanese car for the 70 mile round trip for work. Just can't beat it. But for simple things that are less expensive. Is it worth the dollar or two ? Yeah. Or at least, I think so.

At one time, Conway paid ALL of your health and ALL to the pension we once had.
My point was, that, Teamster pension is partially funded by members. The one we had was completely funded by the company.
Would you have paid 2.5 hours a month out of your check to keep our our pension? I sure would've.

Roll over to the YRC pages to see what that 2.5 hours gets you and how the company has still managed to screw over many of their pension recipients.

The problem is some can get away with murder and others can't even sneeze without getting talk to. This is a big reason why this place can't get driver or drivers won't stay. I don't care if you have 20yrs or 2 you all should be held to the same standards. As an example dockworker comes in with jeans on gets written up a 20+yr drive does the same thing and nothing is said or done. You all talk about UPS but I'll give them one thing they hold there driver to the standard. Just ask one what would happen if the showed up to work with white socks on, but yet people here still wearing Conway stuff?

There is a mountain of reasons why XPO LTL can't hire or keep good drivers. Can't just limit it to peoples jeans and socks. But I do agree, on any FAC there are the people that actually move freight and then the people that just stand at their doors and do nothing all night. They told us the scanners would keep track of this sort of thing. Why are people getting paid for not doing work ? At the very least, why are they not being told to get to work ?

There is a mountain of reasons why XPO LTL can't hire or keep good drivers. Can't just limit it to peoples jeans and socks. But I do agree, on any FAC there are the people that actually move freight and then the people that just stand at their doors and do nothing all night. They told us the scanners would keep track of this sort of thing. Why are people getting paid for not doing work ? At the very least, why are they not being told to get to work ?
I was giving an example. I will always remember that one because it shows the double standard. Oh and by then way it was winter and the dock worker was putting on his bibs the driver went on the street in jeans

Their 2.5 is still cheaper than my insurance.

That's not what you asked. You asked if 2.5 was worth a chance to keep the pension.

If you had asked; was the 2.5 worth a chance at keeping 100% paid health care ? I can't see any one arguing it wouldn't be. Except the Canadians. They already have government health care.

There is a lot going on right now. And I don't think enough of us are paying attention to it.
There is a lot going on right now and it may not be as apparent at more secluded smaller terminals but things are not right and it seems no one has a clue how to fix it. I don't know if its the tight shoestring budget that has everyone going crazy and feeling at risk but it's not good. They seem unable to fill manager positions. We are also losing AE 's at an alarming rate. I hope someone get this under control soon.

Last edited:
This area over here stopped hiring from within the company, they went to CoCa-Cola and started to hire their managers and supervisors. Can anyone guess what kind of experience they have in the LTL business? But one thing they know is Union. And what it means to have one representing the worker's.

What?? They only representing 16 million worker's? Ssshhh that's nothing.. According to some people who say. Worker's have nothing to complain. Don't be left in an lonely island. You union lover's have no one to represent you. But Oh well to bad FedEx started decertifation of their location. I guess the company management will alway's be there for the worker's well being..
It must have been that olive branch.

Oh yeah i forgot. I wonder if this group is afraid of the 800 lbs Gorilla that the union busters alway's talk about?
Z2hWxQB.jpg

That's not what you asked. You asked if 2.5 was worth a chance to keep the pension.

If you had asked; was the 2.5 worth a chance at keeping 100% paid health care ? I see any one arguing it wouldn't be. Except the Canadians. They already have government health care.
Yes, if the company would've given me the option to keep my pension for 2.5 hour a month, I would have jumped on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.