XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s one of the very few things the union can improve for us. They can’t give us better pay, benefits, vacation or pension. There’s been a few days around the holidays that I’ve put in a six hour day. So maybe one day a year the union can put 2 extra hours of pay in my account. Still not worth it.
Go roll a truck and see where you end up at. If you run the road are you paid for all time spent while in service of the employer. I think they could improve your benefits package as well.

All of this is based on a successful contract negotiation. How is that going so far for NMF? It's been nearly 3 yrs and nothing has been agreed to by either side. Why does anybody think that these negotiations will be different or produce any different results at the other locations? While I certainly have my concerns about the direction that XPO is taking the company, NO third party will change that. Any belief to the contrary is simply a dream.

My thoughts on any government funding for the Teamsters Pension bailout or any kind of funds that are Tax Payers funds is, I have a very small Pension coming to me and Con-Job Job robbed me of its full potential. I certainly don't want my tax money to pay for someone else's Pension while I cannot enjoy mine. That's not fair to the American Tax Payers, Many that doesn't have any form of Pension to look forward to. I do feel bad for Central State future Retirement Participants. I have family that are in it also. This fund has been stolen from from the get go. There should have been better oversight from the very beginning IMO.

All of this is based on a successful contract negotiation. How is that going so far for NMF? It's been nearly 3 yrs and nothing has been agreed to by either side. Why does anybody think that these negotiations will be different or produce any different results at the other locations? While I certainly have my concerns about the direction that XPO is taking the company, NO third party will change that. Any belief to the contrary is simply a dream.
Welcome to the forum . I must have missed it if you said how you are involved in the negotiations at Nmf ?

Welcome to the forum . I must have missed it if you said how you are involved in the negotiations at Nmf ?

Not involved, meaning I'm not sitting at the table with them. I do know some who are or have been involved but the outcome to this point is no secret. Talk to anybody around NMF and they will tell you that nothing has progressed....certainly not to the point or at the speed that the union claimed it would. The promise is always the same, we will get involved and get results for the employees quickly. Nobody can guarantee that since everything has to be agreed to by both parties. The union will not agree to anything that is contrary to what they want and neither will XPO.

Not involved, meaning I'm not sitting at the table with them. I do know some who are or have been involved but the outcome to this point is no secret. Talk to anybody around NMF and they will tell you that nothing has progressed....certainly not to the point or at the speed that the union claimed it would. The promise is always the same, we will get involved and get results for the employees quickly. Nobody can guarantee that since everything has to be agreed to by both parties. The union will not agree to anything that is contrary to what they want and neither will XPO.
Oh .... I see . So can you explain to how many points they have signed off on so far and what’s going on right now and where they stand today?
And maybe why it’s not going as fast as it should be and who’s responsible for that ?
Thanks

Last edited:
It’s a stall tactic

Oh .... I see . So can you explain to how many points they have signed off on so far and what’s going on right now and where they stand today?

BTW....thanks for the welcome. I understand that in many cases, our personal opinion has a tendency to "spin" the way we look at information. I'm not speculating on anything, only going by what has been communicated to the NMF employees. Basic, legal points surrounding items that are already listed in the state employment guidelines has been agreed to. Nothing in relation to compensation or changes to the policy manual has been agreed to. Have you heard anything different?

I know they agreed to most of the non economic points but the company has stalled the process again pending a Court decision. Our guys will be going to negotiations the end of this month unless the company finds another delay tatic.
I can not speak for the guys at Nmf or what their expectations are or where for that matter. I can assure you that the Teamsters neither told us or implied in any way to any of the drivers at our barn that this was going to be a quick win for a contract if anything it was the complete opposite. We are prepared for however long it takes.

Last edited:
When it comes to negotiations, companies certainly have a strategy and an outcome that they want to achieve. The union also has a strategy to achieve the outcome that they are looking for as well. It certainly isn't one sided.
Didn’t mean to suggest it was one sided if it came across that way. The company is using stall tactics when it comes to setting dates and changing them. It’s not so much the actual bargaining at the table that has been the hold up in disagreements as you might think. Now I think when they enter economics the situation will take on what I Think you may be referring to as one side or the other stonewalling.
It took a while to get the company to the table once the votes are certified. So actual sit down negotiation sessions have been widely spaced apart and I can tell you that has not been the unions doing. The tactic the company is using is stall and delay hoping the workers become disenchanted and second guess themselves.
I can tell you from what I see at our barn it is having the opposite effect that the company is hoping for . In my opinion if they held the vote again at our location today 90% would vote yes. Seems that most of the guys that were against it are now on board from what I here. Again that’s my observation I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Didn’t mean to suggest it was one sided if it came across that way. The company is using stall tactics when it comes to setting dates and changing them. It’s not so much the actual bargaining at the table that has been the hold up in disagreements as you might think. Now I think when they enter economics the situation will take on what I Think you may be referring to as one side or the other stonewalling.
It took a while to get the company to the table once the votes are certified. So actual sit down negotiation sessions have been widely spaced apart and I can tell you that has not been the unions doing. The tactic the company is using is stall and delay hoping the workers become disenchanted and second guess themselves.
I can tell you from what I see at our barn it is having the opposite effect that the company is hoping for . In my opinion if they held the vote again at our location today 90% would vote yes. Seems that most of the guys that were against it are now on board from what I here. Again that’s my observation I could be wrong.

But what happens at your location is completely separate from what happens at others. And since RoadHouse has first hand accounts from drivers in NMF we shouldn't discredit that they are having a different experience from the one that you want to paint for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.