XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the unions had no interest in any of these non U carriers back in the day and then CF close and they were scrambling.[
Didn’t take the Overnight boys long at all to organize when Ups bought them. I don’t here any of them complaining to any extent. Matter of fact the ones I know a quite happy.
No situation is going to be perfect but I think we deserve better and could do better.
the highest paid in the industry.

It will be interesting to see where they get with the next couple contracts. It’s gonna be hard for the anti crowd to explain off why they make more. Just saying .
They can't,The don't answer direct questions and dance and distract the issues.Organized labor is coming back,people have had enough bullshit and back room deals.There's no more room under the bosses desk.

Didn’t take the Overnight boys long at all to organize when Ups bought them. I don’t here any of them complaining to any extent. Matter of fact the ones I know a quite happy.
No situation is going to be perfect but I think we deserve better and could do better.

UPS Freight by me can't keep drivers. With the obnoxious work rules and line haul runs being cut constantly and given to contractors. Don't even begin on the crappy tractors and junky trailers.

UPS Freight by me can't keep drivers. With the obnoxious work rules and line haul runs being cut constantly and given to contractors. Don't even begin on the crappy tractors and junky trailers.
Wrong they have no work rules. Only NMFA has them in freight those guys chased pay and retirement but didn’t read fine print and bottom half of road board got ****ed.

I didn't say the FedEx terminal in New Haven- see the comma? There's an XPO warehouse that just turned in a petition to decertify.

I'd love to see some statistics on how many people didn't want to join a union, but saw comments like this and thought, "Well I certainly don't want people to think I do THAT" and signed up. Must be a bunch.
They never decertified,There was never a contract,The union withdrew LU443 .and it was North Haven ,not new haven.And it was New Breed logistics.Get your facts straight.

Actually UPS wanted them organized they didn’t fight it. Organized labor works better for their business model.

Wrong they have no work rules. Only NMFA has them in freight those guys chased pay and retirement but didn’t read fine print and bottom half of road board got ****ed.

Talking with a city driver from the UPS freight barn some time ago and he said it is driver vs management all day. They tried to suspend this guy for not honking before backing to the dock at his barn, got suspended once for taking to long to fuel, constantly being harassed about why they were at a customer to long and yada yada so on. Them kind of rules.

Talking with a city driver from the UPS freight barn some time ago and he said it is driver vs management all day. They tried to suspend this guy for not honking before backing to the dock at his barn, got suspended once for taking to long to fuel, constantly being harassed about why they were at a customer to long and yada yada so on. Them kind of rules.
That same stuff goes on at Xpo also

That’s just the Brown way.

Where? Guys get away with anything and everything all day. No accountability. I wish they would give some of these guys a hard time about staying to long at a customer or taking your full run time plus 30 minutes and then taking another lunch once you drop your set. These same guys that can't seem to make it to the FAC's on time they have no problem getting back home on time. It's disgusting. I've seen city guys stop 1/2 mile from the terminal and take lunch just so they don't have to work the dock as long when they get back, no care in the world about delaying freight. So if your TM is doing that to drivers and holding them accountable then bravo to him, and if that's the case he is one of the only ones.

They are getting UPS Package employee harassment at a lower pay scale. The last five years here or so as long as you show up everyday on time and put out the bare minimum you are a superstar.

Same thing happens at Fredex

Where? Guys get away with anything and everything all day. No accountability. I wish they would give some of these guys a hard time about staying to long at a customer or taking your full run time plus 30 minutes and then taking another lunch once you drop your set. These same guys that can't seem to make it to the FAC's on time they have no problem getting back home on time. It's disgusting. I've seen city guys stop 1/2 mile from the terminal and take lunch just so they don't have to work the dock as long when they get back, no care in the world about delaying freight. So if your TM is doing that to drivers and holding them accountable then bravo to him, and if that's the case he is one of the only ones.
If you're due lunch you should take it.

They never decertified...

The NLRB says that the Teamsters were "certified as the representative" last year. If they are no longer the representative, they have been "decertified". That's how language works.

The union withdrew LU443...

"I didn't get fired, I quit!" Sure ya did.

There was never a contract...

Of course there wasn't. The union talks a big game, but they can't force XPO to do anything but come to the table. There won't be any contracts.

...and it was North Haven ,not new haven.

Got me there- the local is in New Haven. Easy to get those mixed up. Doesn't change what happened, does it?

Get your facts straight.

It doesn't look like I'm the one with the information problem, Sparky.

Status
Not open for further replies.