XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to keep everyone one up to speed I was told our location, Miami and Laredo all have negotiations scheduled for both January and February. They are 2 day negotiations for both months and each location.

The company held an event ( cookout ) and had an employee pass around a letter to sign . Then when it was signed they presented to the employer . Keep in mind the employer can not leagally prompt employees do to do such a thing .

They would have to prove that the company told them to do it, or that they provided the petition or instruction on how to prepare it.

Even if the union can manage to get a favorable ruling, the fact is that more than half the employees were willing to sign. They could just refile it. Even if they can't get 50+1 again they only need 30% for an election, where they would almost certainly vote to decertify. Either way, game over- it's just a matter of time.

The union has filed charges and there is no official decertification at this time and remains only a stalling tactic at this point by the company.

I love the hypocrisy. When the company uses its legal options to fight organization, it's a crime against humanity. When the union fights the workers, it's still the company's fault?

That means what, only a dozen people have to change their minds at your place? I'd be nervous, too. Maybe I'll pack a lunch and go hang out at Pep Boys.

The decertification is leagally obtained by a vote held by the Nlrb . The process is the same as as the process to form a union in a workplace. The employees ( unprompted by employer) have to gain a percentage of employees to petition the Nlrb for a decertification vote. This has not happened.

And that is not the only method. The petition to stop recognition is a legal and valid method. Stop asking your Teamster buddies and ask a real labor lawyer.

http://www.nrtw.org/decertification-election/

"Moreover, if 50% or more of the employees in a bargaining unit sign a petition that they no longer want to be represented by the union, the employer can withdraw recognition without an election if it wishes to do so (except where the contract bar or certification bar, discussed above, applies).

If you collect a petition signed by over 50% of the employees in your bargaining unit, you can give that petition to your employer with a request that it withdraw recognition of the union. Do not give the petition to the union, which has no right or entitlement to see the petition and does not need to see it for the employer to withdraw recognition."

Concerning the Xpo wharehouse location the unit has not been decertified by the nlrb . The company held an event ( cookout ) and had an employee pass around a letter to sign . Then when it was signed they presented to the employer . Keep in mind the employer can not leagally prompt employees do to do such a thing . Xpo has decided not to recognize the union due to the illegally obtained petition. That’s where it stands . The union has filed charges and there is no official decertification at this time and remains only a stalling tactic at this point by the company. The decertification is leagally obtained by a vote held by the Nlrb . The process is the same as as the process to form a union in a workplace.
The employees ( unprompted by employer) have to gain a percentage of employees to petition the Nlrb for a decertification vote. This has not happened.
From the Nlrb website:
Decertification election
Have a union, but don't want it anymore, or want a different one?

Under certain circumstances, you can vote out or "decertify" your union, or replace it with a different union. At least 30% of your coworkers must sign cards or a petition asking the NLRB to conduct an election. Unless a majority of the votes cast in the election are in favor of union representation, the union will be decertified. Such elections are barred, however, for one year following the union's certification by the NLRB. Plus, if your employer and union reach a collective-bargaining agreement, you cannot ask for a decertification election (or an election to bring in another union) during the first three years of that agreement, except during a 30-day "window period." That period begins 90 days and ends 60 days before the agreement expires (120 and 90 days if your employer is a healthcare institution). After a collective-bargaining agreement passes the three-year mark or expires, you may ask for an election to decertify your union or to vote in another union at any time.
That is some deep conspiracy theory stuff right there. Do you have any personal theories on Bigfoot or the grassy knoll, but I guess as with everything else we will all see in time, right? As for the other guy who does not work here but is being so helpful in educating us on the benefits of being Brothers by calling us jackasses, I never said it was a decertification. I said you were arguing semantics and linguistics. If those words have too many syllables for you I'm sorry. The end result is; the IBT is no longer recognized as the representative for the employee's at the New Haven facility. (Of course under protest by the IBT). Furthermore the petition if conducted legally is sufficient to unrecognize the union if 50% plus one signed it. But I'm sure all the employees were forced to sign or be fed to Godzilla or some other cryptozoological creature you would find in science fiction conspiracy thrillers.

P.S. I can provide definitions for any of the words longer than 3 syllables if needed for any of the helpful Teamsters.

Quit calling people names and grow up. You're pathetic and so is your union Roadboss

Just to keep everyone one up to speed I was told our location, Miami and Laredo all have negotiations scheduled for both January and February.

I wonder if they still have 50% support after 3 years of hot air... do you think the employees know about the petition in CT? I bet they do.

They would have to prove that the company told them to do it, or that they provided the petition or instruction on how to prepare it.

Even if the union can manage to get a favorable ruling, the fact is that more than half the employees were willing to sign. They could just refile it. Even if they can't get 50+1 again they only need 30% for an election, where they would almost certainly vote to decertify. Either way, game over- it's just a matter of time.

I love the hypocrisy. When the company uses its legal options to fight organization, it's a crime against humanity. When the union fights the workers, it's still the company's fault?

That means what, only a dozen people have to change their minds at your place? I'd be nervous, too. Maybe I'll pack a lunch and go hang out at Pep Boys.

And that is not the only method. The petition to stop recognition is a legal and valid method. Stop asking your Teamster buddies and ask a real labor lawyer.

"Moreover, if 50% or more of the employees in a bargaining unit sign a petition that they no longer want to be represented by the union, the employer can withdraw recognition without an election if it wishes to do so (except where the contract bar or certification bar, discussed above, applies).

If you collect a petition signed by over 50% of the employees in your bargaining unit, you can give that petition to your employer with a request that it withdraw recognition of the union. Do not give the petition to the union, which has no right or entitlement to see the petition and does not need to see it for the employer to withdraw recognition."
A dozen have to sign a petition but the majority have to vote it out . Everyone is aware of that. I don’t see anyone sweating it. Everyone is aware of the companies tactic .

That is some deep conspiracy theory stuff right there. Do you have any personal theories on Bigfoot or the grassy knoll, but I guess as with everything else we will all see in time, right? As for the other guy who does not work here but is being so helpful in educating us on the benefits of being Brothers by calling us jackasses, I never said it was a decertification. I said you were arguing semantics and linguistics. If those words have too many syllables for you I'm sorry. The end result is; the IBT is no longer recognized as the representative for the employee's at the New Haven facility. (Of course under protest by the IBT). Furthermore the petition if conducted legally is sufficient to unrecognize the union if 50% plus one signed it. But I'm sure all the employees were forced to sign or be fed to Godzilla or some other cryptozoological creature you would find in science fiction conspiracy thrillers.

P.S. I can provide definitions for any of the words longer than 3 syllables if needed for any of the helpful Teamsters.

Quit calling people names and grow up. You're pathetic and so is your union Roadboss
I’m sorry Sir but I have not been disrespectful or lowered my self to name calling. I refused to. I may disagree with someone here but I still respect their view . I have not got caught up in the recent banter displayed here . I merely present my opinion or the facts as I know them.
If you or someone else want to continue that poor behavior please feel free to do so but leave me out of it. You can interpret my post any way you want but I will not lower myself to that standard.
Respectfully

Last edited:
Interesting- I didn't know that. Thanks.
Yeah that’s what heard I actually heard 3 times but I may have heard that wrong . I’m not sure if they got to the level of filing a decert petition or they were never able to obtain enough signatures. I was hoping with your connections you might know.

I’m sorry Sir but I have not been disrespectful or lowered my self to name calling. I refused to. I may disagree with someone here but I still respect their view . I have not got caught up in the recent banter displayed here . I merely present my opinion or the facts as I know them.
If you or someone else want to continue that poor behavior please feel free to do so but leave me out of it. You can interpret my post any way you want but I will not lower myself to that standard.
Respectfully
Did u read the last sentence or the sentence when I redirected the whole conversation to the guy who does not work here. I also try not to reduce myself to name calling and I do respect your gentlemanly approach. I may be a little smart aleck at times but I try not to get too personal with it. I think some of the Machiavellian tactics the unions always acuse companies of doing are a little over the top for me to believe every one of them. Apparently it's not just me either the NLRB hardly ever believes them. A majority of the accusations thrown by the union to the NLRB have no action taken

A dozen have to sign a petition but the majority have to vote it out .

Unless a majority sign the petition. You had 13 no votes, right? There were 50 people in the unit, but didn't you lose someone? So 12 people go from "Yes" to "No" and there's your majority. Only a third of your supporters have to give up. I'm not saying it's imminent, or even likely, but the possibility is there waiting. Just like Richard Marx.

Everyone is aware of the companies tactic .
Are they? Roadboss is about to retire from YRC and had no idea. Wouldn't be surprising if XPO employees didn't, either.

Unless a majority sign the petition. You had 13 no votes, right? There were 50 people in the unit, but didn't you lose someone? So 12 people go from "Yes" to "No" and there's your majority. Only a third of your supporters have to give up. I'm not saying it's imminent, or even likely, but the possibility is there waiting. Just like Richard Marx.

Are they? Roadboss is about to retire from YRC and had no idea. Wouldn't be surprising if XPO employees didn't, either.
Your a driver and you know.

Did u read the last sentence or the sentence when I redirected the whole conversation to the guy who does not work here. I also try not to reduce myself to name calling and I do respect your gentlemanly approach. I may be a little smart aleck at times but I try not to get too personal with it. I think some of the Machiavellian tactics the unions always acuse companies of doing are a little over the top for me to believe every one of them. Apparently it's not just me either the NLRB hardly ever believes them. A majority of the accusations thrown by the union to the NLRB have no action taken
You continued to use the word you . Which I mistakenly took as meaning me. I accept your explanation.
I think you would be mistaken though if you think either side plays this in an above the board manner all the time . The company knows how to play within its leagal limits and that’s why they hired a major law firm such as Littler Mendeson to make sure whatever they do is right on that line and maybe pushing it a bit.
I do not play in conspiracy and what the company has practiced is nothing new ( ask Gene )in the battlefield nor do I blame them for doing everything they can to stave off the union threat. It’s always been expected they would from the beginning.
Stalling till those who have voted for union representation Lose hope is the tactic that this company and many others have practiced as an advoidece tool .

Wrong they have no work rules. Only NMFA has them in freight those guys chased pay and retirement but didn’t read fine print and bottom half of road board got ****ed.
From what I understand the big union boss were pissed when UPS freight want out of the NMFA. UPS has work rules they just didn't want the NMFA rules they wanted there own

Gene , I’m not asking anyone for advice I relay on my own research, thank you.
Is what you quoted from the Anti union site the national right to work sight the law or their opinion. My understanding is that the Nlrb still recognizes them a bargaining unit until it is decertified by a vote. Xpo has chose not to recognize them because of the petition. I know you have many years experience at this so which is it? Please give me the straight leagal answer not opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.