XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked working at UPS package. I also appreciated the rules and expectations being high. Paid healthcare and decent pay. All they wanted me to do was work hard. No problem.

It's hard to play to win ( so to speak ) when the rules keep changing constantly.
Yes, what you said. I mean isn't that what most of want, a little bit of predictability? Give me the same tractor and trailer when possible and just let me alone to do the work. I'll work hard with good productivity and the company pays me well, and we all end the day satisfied. If only it could be that simple.

I'm back. Now that most of the cuts are done.
I did say most but it's not over yet.
I see a lot of loc are sure wishing they had help with all the cuts going. Since the open door policy don't seem to be to open.
But hey some still believe management will help them out.

You xpo drivers would be in much better shape financially if IBT had a better product to offer. Imagine if the company pension contribution of over $300 per week went into your own portable retirement plan instead of a 1920 style pension. Imagine working hard side by side with a union brother instead of working hard while a protected slacker get paid same as you. I’m not anti union. Just anti IBT. Let’s start a new freighthandlers union that’s been modernized to compete with the nons

You xpo drivers would be in much better shape financially if IBT had a better product to offer. Imagine if the company pension contribution of over $300 per week went into your own portable retirement plan instead of a 1920 style pension. Imagine working hard side by side with a union brother instead of working hard while a protected slacker get paid same as you. I’m not anti union. Just anti IBT. Let’s start a new freighthandlers union that’s been modernized to compete with the nons
Holy ::shit::, someone finally figured it out!

The IBT does have those types of pensions. The muti employer plan is one of many types of plans . Plans range from 401k's to single employer plans. Know one is entering a current multi employer plan , no money from Xpo or any new company is going towards a current Muti employer plan .

Establishing a new Union that could take on a Giant like Xpo would take major investment in money and time to lay out the infrastructure and legal requirements. I am not against the premise just not as easy as one might think .

Last edited:
Establishing a new Union that could take on a Giant like Xpo would take major investment in money and time to lay out the infrastructure and legal requirements. I am not against the premise just not as easy as one might think.

People want a concierge-style labor union where they pay someone to get them more stuff. They don't want to get their own hands dirty or make sacrifices. It's one thing to have that attitude at a legacy union, but you'll never start one that way.

You don't even need one, really. If you had enough support to start a union, you'd have enough people to exert pressure independently. Federal labor law protects workers, not unions.

well that would be $15,600 in my 401k I take that. Thee best part about it is that it's would be ALL my money and I can invest it the way I want to. Now I could put more of my extra money somewhere else like and IRA or a Roth

So Hoffa has a total compensation of $390,983..... Bradley Jacobs by example had a base salary of $495,000 in 2015 and despite taking from his own employees it went up to $607,000 in 2016 and then on to $625,000 for 2017... His TOTAL compensation went from $5,771,722 in 2015 to a whopping
$21,984,448 in 2016.... So what about the $5,000 raise Hoffa got?

The IBT does have those types of pensions. The muti employer plan is one of many types of plans . Plans range from 401k's to single employer plans. Know one is entering a current multi employer plan , no money from Xpo or any new company is going towards a current Muti employer plan .

Establishing a new Union that could take on a Giant like Xpo would take major investment in money and time to lay out the infrastructure and legal requirements. I am not against the premise just not as easy as one might think .
Problem is the teamsters need stooges to fund their pensions.
They only want XPO & Fed Ex Freight to fund retirements for teamsters already retired.
One more reason there will never be another new LTL carrier in the NMFA. or no more new teamster LTL Carriers....

They only want XPO & Fed Ex Freight to fund retirements for teamsters already retired.
One more reason there will never be another new LTL carrier in the NMFA. or no more new teamster LTL Carriers....
Hmmm ....I see . Can you explain how their going to fund ailing pension plans with new members money ? I mean how that process works in detail ?

Most the ones I talk to hate it. Counting down the days until they are quitting or retiring. They talk about how it was a good place to work, before the (⊙▃⊙) regime took them over. A couple of them like it because they have moved up quite a bit on account of people leaving.
I've worked with a bunch of them. They were all against joining because they claimed they were already being taking care of and over nite was a good company to work for, pension already in place blah blah blah. Now after joining, They all say it was the best move they made.

I've worked with a bunch of them. They were all against joining because they claimed they were already being taking care of and over nite was a good company to work for, pension already in place blah blah blah. Now after joining, They all say it was the best move they made.

Everyone has a story to tell. Some are better for it. Others just hate it. It happens.

You're absolutely incorrect. Upgf and UPS are not in the central states and neither would XPO of FED EX be in it if you're going to lie at least make it belivabbel.

Everyone has a story to tell. Some are better for it. Others just hate it. It happens.
A story is something that's made up. I'm positive that the majority of those overnite guy's that joined the union are all better for doing it. I think that's something everyone in this forum can agree on.

A story is something that's made up. I'm positive that the majority of those overnite guy's that joined the union are all better for doing it. I think that's something everyone in this forum can agree on.

Then you are a brain dead dipshit. I am in this forum. And I don’t agree on it. The majority of the guys I speak to do not feel better for it. Maybe it’s my market. And the amount of available options. Maybe it’s because this used to be a much stronger union area and to many guys have been done wrong in the past. As I have. Failed promises ruin families. Not just work environments. Or maybe you just lack comprehension and want to believe and hear whatever you want regardless of what was actually said to you.

Then you are a brain dead dipshit. I am in this forum. And I don’t agree on it. The majority of the guys I speak to do not feel better for it. Maybe it’s my market. And the amount of available options. Maybe it’s because this used to be a much stronger union area and to many guys have been done wrong in the past. As I have. Failed promises ruin families. Not just work environments. Or maybe you just lack comprehension and want to believe and hear whatever you want regardless of what was actually said to you.
Ok. Everyone in this forum besides highsped. How's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.