XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't put an end to it. Those employees have shown time and time again that they don't even understand how this game is played, much less what "fair" compensation is. The rest of the employees and I would rather not see the inmates try to run the asylum.
How is the game played when your the #2 LTL carrier in the nation but overall compensation pay is on decline? So your saying your ok with the way the company keeps taking away from you?

Last edited:
That judge is not the final authority- his ruling can be appealed. You guys are too excited about "breaking the law".

Hahahaha, yes, please, let's have the union look at the books. Those model stewards of other people's money. I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.

Why would they need an arbitrator? Company and the union are both within their rights to say no. It's up to the other side to change their mind, and there is no deadline.
If appealed which if I’m correct already has til their out of options. It’s still decided by what another JUDGE!!!

Federal labor law states if both parties don’t come to an agreement arbitrator steps in. I thought you were smarter. I’m not excited I just pray those guys get what’s rigtfydur to them obviously what their getting now isn’t enough by the way the other threads on XPO forum looks.

Wouldn't the victim in that scenario be the terminals that don't want a union? If the overwhelming majority of the employees choose to stay union free, who is really being selfish?

And go ahead and tell me that the ones trying to be team players get a fair shake in this company from their coworkers. No jokes about kneepads or hiding under desks here, right?
My statement didn't involve union or non union employees. It was a general statement about all of us. Even without the union activities, how many times have you personally had to go finish something a worker didn't finish themselves? How many times have you experienced a problem a driver left for you just because they are lazy? It doesn't have to about the union to not give a rat's a$$ about the next guy.

My statement didn't involve union or non union employees. It was a general statement about all of us. Even without the union activities, how many times have you personally had to go finish something a worker didn't finish themselves? How many times have you experienced a problem a driver left for you just because they are lazy? It doesn't have to about the union to not give a rat's a$$ about the next guy.
I do sometimes experience problems being left for me to resolve. I've also experienced instances where other people have fixed a problem before it got to me, neither instance of which as anything to do with union or non-union. If anyone tries to convince me that errors aren't left behind for the next guy in a union shop then I'll call bull:shhit: on that. As to how the next guy conducts himself at work, his relationship with management, and how he's treated by management well, that's on him. So when I say I don't give a rat's rear end about the other guy, that's what I mean. I do not ever want to asked to feel like I have to worry about my co-workers the way the union propaganda master minds tell me I should.

That judge is not the final authority- his ruling can be appealed. You guys are too excited about "breaking the law".

Hahahaha, yes, please, let's have the union look at the books. Those model stewards of other people's money. I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.

Why would they need an arbitrator? Company and the union are both within their rights to say no. It's up to the other side to change their mind, and there is no deadline.
Everything is frozen at Miami right now. Same pay as four years ago. Same medical, dental and vision coverage as four years ago. New city guys and dockworkers voted union. Long time linehaul wanted no part of union then and still want no part of it.

Serene Gene: 1247o903 said:
Financing a large purchase and being a slave to a lender are not the same thing.
WOW Gene I thought you were smarter than this. Please explain how financing is different then being slave to a lender. I can't wait to hear this

Simply having debt is not a bad thing.
You might want to ask people that are in debt. A 2016 Forbes article says 63% of American could not write a $500 check if unplanned or emergency expense arises
https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggie...avings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/#523dc3214e0d

LTLIndentured is right in what he is saying most of then could not afford a long strike let alone be on strike for longer then 2 weeks. This is not the 60s were people saved money to buy stuff. Now they just pay for it on credit,, just ask around 6-8yr auto loans, credit card debt, hell even that new shinny cellphone is on a monthly payment plan. Guess what the companies know this, yea they may lose a couple on millions in lost revenue but who will lose in the long run. The last strike in my area lasted 2 weeks and half of the members crossed the line after the first week and went back to work. Why? simply they have debt to play.

As far as I know the New England is not in the CSPF
2t67tbA.jpg

WOW Gene I thought you were smarter than this. Please explain how financing is different then being slave to a lender. I can't wait to hear this

You might want to ask people that are in debt. A 2016 Forbes article says 63% of American could not write a $500 check if unplanned or emergency expense arises
https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggie...avings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/#523dc3214e0d

LTLIndentured is right in what he is saying most of then could not afford a long strike let alone be on strike for longer then 2 weeks. This is not the 60s were people saved money to buy stuff. Now they just pay for it on credit,, just ask around 6-8yr auto loans, credit card debt, hell even that new shinny cellphone is on a monthly payment plan. Guess what the companies know this, yea they may lose a couple on millions in lost revenue but who will lose in the long run. The last strike in my area lasted 2 weeks and half of the members crossed the line after the first week and went back to work. Why? simply they have debt to play.
Right. They say a pre employment credit check is to verify responsibility. Haha. They want to see what you're on the hook for. THATS why you come to work ev'day.

Right. They say a pre employment credit check is to verify responsibility. Haha. They want to see what you're on the hook for. THATS why you come to work ev'day.
I know people with a ZERO credit score. They also have a very high net worth own there house and pay cash for everything, oh and there not even in there 50s yet and have blue collar job. Can we say retiring at 55.

There sure are a lot of people that confuse "good faith" with "agree to give me stuff". That's not what negotiation is. It doesn't mean you get to spell out what you get- it means you have to bargain for it. If you go to the table with no chips, that's your own stupid mistake, not a violation of the law. Not that anyone thought otherwise, but Miami just advertised that they have no chips.

I don't know about you, but I'm not there. That being said...

1. I said 'better faith'. Obviously in guessing here but at least a portion of the Miami terminal seems to have an issue with the negotiations. My experience with XPO leads me to believe that XPO is at least partially at fault there.

2. Nowhere in my two sentences did I intimate that XPO is breaking any laws.

3. XPO is certainly slow footing this trying to break the workers. Some of those guys feel like 3 years is getting a little long and are taking a shot.

I say good on them fighting the fight. We'll see how it goes.

I gained a little bit of insight after reading the two letters posted by Fly-by-night. I can now say with certainty that I'm happy I have a 401k plan with my name on that I don't have to share with any of my co-workers or the employees of a rival company. Pensions had their hey day back in the 20th century, but we living in the 21st century now and those glory days are long gone.

I know people with a ZERO credit score. They also have a very high net worth own there house and pay cash for everything, oh and there not even in there 50s yet and have blue collar job. Can we say retiring at 55.
I have been debt-free for the last 13 years. I own everything home house cars motorcycle land everything. I paid cash for everything. Three years ago I found out that had ruined my credit score. Not that I needed it. So I got a credit card and now I charge everything and pay the bill off completely every month, never carry a balance. Credit score is 754 and life is good. Debt-free is the only way to go. Get there as soon as you can.

So your saying your ok with the way the company keeps taking away from you?

I'm content with my compensation- that's why I still work here.

If appealed which if I’m correct already has til their out of options.

That is incorrect. It now goes to the NLRB, then the appeals court, then the Supreme Court.

It’s still decided by what another JUDGE!!!

So what? If you think two people will have the same opinion because they have the same job, I'd like to invite you to check out www.truckingboards.com.

Federal labor law states if both parties don’t come to an agreement arbitrator steps in.

Citation please. Forced arbitration for a first contract was on the labor wish list known as the Employee Free Choice Act, but that didn't pass, thankfully.

I thought you were smarter.

That would hurt terribly if I valued your opinion of my intelligence.

I have been debt-free for the last 13 years. I own everything home house cars motorcycle land everything. I paid cash for everything. Three years ago I found out that had ruined my credit score. Not that I needed it. So I got a credit card and now I charge everything and pay the bill off completely every month, never carry a balance. Credit score is 754 and life is good. Debt-free is the only way to go. Get there as soon as you can.
Same here, debt free since 09 house included always paid cash but credit score suffered to the low 600's so I got a couple of credit cards and buy everything on them but never carry a balance and pay it off a couple of times a month as a result my credit score is posted below. You may not need a credit score now but one day you may want something that you don't want to pay cash for and if you pay it off every month and not paying interest you get rewards and thats free money... Still shooting for the perfect credit score of 850 but you would be surprised how many people with something to sell will kiss your @ss when you have a credit score over 800
QOU4lJS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.