XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say the majority of drivers are maxed out on monthly payments and can’t afford to strike. It’s not 1960 anymore and people don’t own anything. They just make payments and think they own stuff. Depression generation realized the value of not being a slave to a lender
That and the "it's all about me mentality."
No one gives a rat's a$$ about the fella next to them anymore.

That and the "it's all about me mentality." No one gives a rat's a$$ about the fella next to them anymore.

Wouldn't the victim in that scenario be the terminals that don't want a union? If the overwhelming majority of the employees choose to stay union free, who is really being selfish?

And go ahead and tell me that the ones trying to be team players get a fair shake in this company from their coworkers. No jokes about kneepads or hiding under desks here, right?

I’d say the majority of drivers are maxed out on monthly payments and can’t afford to strike. It’s not 1960 anymore and people don’t own anything. They just make payments and think they own stuff. Depression generation realized the value of not being a slave to a lender

That's a lot of stereotypes you're working with. Financing a large purchase and being a slave to a lender are not the same thing, and with all due respect to the wise old people, there always have been and always will be people that can borrow responsibly and people that can't. Simply having debt is not a bad thing.

I imagine they want a better faith negotiation and a contract from XPO. It's been 3 years.

There sure are a lot of people that confuse "good faith" with "agree to give me stuff". That's not what negotiation is. It doesn't mean you get to spell out what you get- it means you have to bargain for it. If you go to the table with no chips, that's your own stupid mistake, not a violation of the law. Not that anyone thought otherwise, but Miami just advertised that they have no chips.

Wouldn't the victim in that scenario be the terminals that don't want a union? If the overwhelming majority of the employees choose to stay union free, who is really being selfish?

And go ahead and tell me that the ones trying to be team players get a fair shake in this company from their coworkers. No jokes about kneepads or hiding under desks here, right?
How do you consider the company continues reap record profits and O/R, but yet the employees of certain terminals want to put an end to it not receiving their fair share?

There sure are a lot of people that confuse "good faith" with "agree to give me stuff". That's not what negotiation is. It doesn't mean you get to spell out what you get- it means you have to bargain for it. If you go to the table with no chips, that's your own stupid mistake, not a violation of the law. Not that anyone thought otherwise, but Miami just advertised that they have no chips.
Violation of the law is XPO still trying to delay after judge handed down a specific order. The chip would be the union would have a look at books and see what is fair across the board. If the company declines then arbitrator will make final say.

How do you consider the company continues reap record profits and O/R, but yet the employees of certain terminals want to put an end to it not receiving their fair share?

They can't put an end to it. Those employees have shown time and time again that they don't even understand how this game is played, much less what "fair" compensation is. The rest of the employees and I would rather not see the inmates try to run the asylum.

Violation of the law is XPO still trying to delay after judge handed down a specific order.

That judge is not the final authority- his ruling can be appealed. You guys are too excited about "breaking the law".

The chip would be the union would have a look at books and see what is fair across the board.

Hahahaha, yes, please, let's have the union look at the books. Those model stewards of other people's money. I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.

If the company declines then arbitrator will make final say.

Why would they need an arbitrator? Company and the union are both within their rights to say no. It's up to the other side to change their mind, and there is no deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.