XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If things take a down turn , your 401 K can evaporate quicker than a Pension. It's a gamble for this Generation.
Can't you move your money out of stocks into something less volatile? With T.Rowe Price you can. With Fidelity you can. I'm guessing you can with most financial companies that administer employee 401k plans.

Does anyone know this guy:
Mike Esposito
It says he's the VP of Labor and employee relations. He was at one of the local FAC and they had a posted report for them. Also there has been a lot of union talk at that FAC.

Yes , his is main focus right now is quelling union activity. Him along with others are jumping from barn to barn right now trying stifle any possible votes from occurring. He is using any approach right now from flat out lies to offering deals with employees to put off any votes. It's his job .

Yes , his is main focus right now is quelling union activity. Him along with others are jumping from barn to barn right now trying stifle any possible votes from occurring. He is using any approach right now from flat out lies to offering deals with employees to put off any votes. It's his job .
Like I said. Company fire extinguisher..

Can't you move your money out of stocks into something less volatile? With T.Rowe Price you can. With Fidelity you can. I'm guessing you can with most financial companies that administer employee 401k plans.
Yes you can move them, problem is how fast and what they move them into before you have lost a certain amount. Like mine I lost a bunch from the turn down, and it has only taken me 8 years to get back to where I was in 08, Had a guy at work say yeah I lost it also but I made it back, right but what did you earn in those 8 years NOTHING you are back were you started 8 years ago . Many people don't have that amount of years to gain back what they lost

This is exactly what I've asked about with those who seek to gain a contract at XPO :
Won't success at XPO undermine the traditional Teamster ( NMFA companies - ABF , YRCW units ) by having drivers that do multiple jobs ( fueling , hooking sets , working the dock , etc... ) ...?

Even with a contract , XPO unionized drivers would most likely still follow the model that is in place now - one driver , multiple duties to accomplish your job every night.

Isn't this something that goes against established Teamsters thinking? Aren't they against this? Not stirring up sh!t , I've asked this before yet here's proof that it may be more important than previously acknowledged.
We already do these things just not coming out of house then depends on supplement. We have utility drivers who are paid dollar more an hour on road runs with dock work. Velocity at Holland who are paid mileage then hourly on dock.

Like I said. Company fire extinguisher..
It would be cheaper and less of a hassle to offer employees industry leading pay , benefits , and work environment.

You wouldn't have to pay to fight off a union. You wouldn't have to pay to recruit employees. Productivity would be the best in industry. Turnover would plummet. Word of mouth would be awesome.

Now , I run interested people off like stray dogs. I tell customers the truth when it comes to damages. Friends and family talk as well ( it ain't good what they have to say )

It doesn't help that since XPO purchased Con-way there is a overwhelming lack of experience where it's needed: leadership and management
The focus is on getting numbers with no actual experience on how to get there and NO emphasis on experience based knowledge. Most of these people are winging it and won't listen to veteran employees. XPO Logistics is young and inexperienced in key management positions and at times arrogant. And focused on getting younger and less experienced by relying on yet to be proven computer programs and algorithms. Meanwhile the actual workforce ( drivers ) that needs younger people is getting thinned out , overworked , older , disrespected , and ignored for the value they bring to the table.

In the end it would make you MORE money to invest in who got you here and who is keeping you here. Upper management seems confused as to who this is.

Yes you can move them, problem is how fast and what they move them into before you have lost a certain amount. Like mine I lost a bunch from the turn down, and it has only taken me 8 years to get back to where I was in 08, Had a guy at work say yeah I lost it also but I made it back, right but what did you earn in those 8 years NOTHING you are back were you started 8 years ago . Many people don't have that amount of years to gain back what they lost
At least you got it back. Can’t say the same for those in the pension.

It would be cheaper and less of a hassle to offer employees industry leading pay , benefits , and work environment.

You wouldn't have to pay to fight off a union. You wouldn't have to pay to recruit employees. Productivity would be the best in industry. Turnover would plummet. Word of mouth would be awesome.

Now , I run interested people off like stray dogs. I tell customers the truth when it comes to damages. Friends and family talk as well ( it ain't good what they have to say )

It doesn't help that since XPO purchased Con-way there is a overwhelming lack of experience where it's needed: leadership and management
The focus is on getting numbers with no actual experience on how to get there and NO emphasis on experience based knowledge. Most of these people are winging it and won't listen to veteran employees. XPO Logistics is young and inexperienced in key management positions and at times arrogant. And focused on getting younger and less experienced by relying on yet to be proven computer programs and algorithms. Meanwhile the actual workforce ( drivers ) that needs younger people is getting thinned out , overworked , older , disrespected , and ignored for the value they bring to the table.

In the end it would make you MORE money to invest in who got you here and who is keeping you here. Upper management seems confused as to who this is.

You may not believe this but I agree with you 100%. The company just doesn't get it. They have replaced anyone who knew anything about this business with numbers kids straight out of college. What looks good in the textbooks rarely works well on the street.

Well he doing it at XHG

The whole deal is they (ltl companies) believe they can retain employees and a quality product while compensating the bare Minimum . They want the "freedom " from you and me having any say in the matter. It allows them the " flexabiily " to be competitive . In another words it leaves them to be able to compete in the grand race to the bottom.
Our situation at Xpo is compounded by the fact we now have a Wall st . Tycoon who's soul purpose is to make his money before reinvestment into the company or the employees.

It's not that the business or profits are not there , it's how it distributed among the companies different levels.

Last edited:
At least you got it back. Can’t say the same for those in the pension.
Yes I did but I lost 8 years of earning's which isn't going to make or break me just cut my comfort zone down a little,if you know what I'm saying. Now the pension thing is something that I or we can't control and it is in a sorry state,just a short history of my self 42 years in the Teamsters 35 good paid in years (had some breaks in service) which will pay me approx 3800 per month SS will be approx 2400 per month and that's not counting my wife's SS . So if and when it happens to go broke and the PBGC (spelling) goes the same way it will have an effect on everybody since this country will probably go into a depression like the 30's. just due to the fact that NOBODY will have the money to bu much at all . Not trrying to get in a p==sing match just me thinking out loud and I do feel for the people that have been cut or may never see anything if something isn't done, Ok nuff said stay safe and enjoy life

At the bottom, hit add images under remote upload images.
I did that for some it will not work and some it does.

See this worked
FDt4ehu.jpg

Since the purchase, the company has changed policy many times and every time it has benefited their bottom line at the expense of the drivers.

You've said that more than once, and then you say this:

Not every policy change benefits the company economically.

So which one is it?

Also, you never answered how the three policy changes you mentioned earlier (2017 PTO change, new cell phone policy, and social media policy) make money for the company at our expense.

Can you just admit you may have been throwing out just a little bit of hyperbole instead of facts?

I used the word several because I wasn't sure of the actual number that withdrew or voted no. It might very well be 10 or 12. I'm just not sure.

It's 6 wins and 15 losses. I looked it up.

Just kidding, it's 16 losses. It seems that Erie withdrew their petition a few weeks ago. Must be those union busters again.

Status
Not open for further replies.