XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect it was still put to a vote. Leadership pushed for it in best interest of membership long term survival.
Welch and Pierson terms off contract was changed. Old language guaranteed them salary and stock bonuses regardless of performance of company. New terms was performance based lower salaries in return for more stock options. Board could now terminate them without penalties if performance of company receded. When the last MOU was passed stock price went up they cashed in. They do it every year!!!
Your entitled to your opinion I respect it and easily come back on rebuttals. To sit there and want to stay in a declining situation (by your own post in other threads)due to past history of the IBT and not how currently being ran even though still not perfect it does correct itself through democracy if membership stays involved.

What I do know directly from the mouth of one who sat in on YRC negotiations is that this contract was the best they could get under current circumstances. Economists evaluated YRC's current financial condition and agreed that these terms were the best they could do, so, of course they pushed it in the best interests of the long term survival of the membership. Often, union members don't get everything they want, but they always get more than the company would otherwise offer. YRC's compensation package is still better than XPO's.

We, at XPO, are is a rapidly declining situation and to ignore that is clearly not in our best interests. Refusing to consider that based on how the Teamsters operated 25 years ago is just another excuse to sit there and do nothing. There's trouble around the corner and if you ignore it, there will be a price to pay.

What I do know directly from the mouth of one who sat in on YRC negotiations is that this contract was the best they could get under current circumstances. Economists evaluated YRC's current financial condition and agreed that these terms were the best they could do, so, of course they pushed it in the best interests of the long term survival of the membership. Often, union members don't get everything they want, but they always get more than the company would otherwise offer. YRC's compensation package is still better than XPO's.

We, at XPO, are is a rapidly declining situation and to ignore that is clearly not in our best interests. Refusing to consider that based on how the Teamsters operated 25 years ago is just another excuse to sit there and do nothing. There's trouble around the corner and if you ignore it, there will be a price to pay.
:6788:

Incorrect it was still put to a vote. Leadership pushed for it in best interest of membership long term survival.
Welch and Pierson terms off contract was changed. Old language guaranteed them salary and stock bonuses regardless of performance of company. New terms was performance based lower salaries in return for more stock options. Board could now terminate them without penalties if performance of company receded. When the last MOU was passed stock price went up they cashed in. They do it every year!!!
Your entitled to your opinion I respect it and easily come back on rebuttals. To sit there and want to stay in a declining situation (by your own post in other threads)due to past history of the IBT and not how currently being ran even though still not perfect it does correct itself through democracy if membership stays involved.

Well that’s disappointing. You agree with me entirely. Which makes sense. I was paraphrasing you to begin with.

All you did was change forced to pushed. And completely excused the CEOs taking money and reverse splitting the stock. Repeatedly.

Then you give a half hearted commercial. Whatever.

Well that’s disappointing. You agree with me entirely. Which makes sense. I was paraphrasing you to begin with.

All you did was change forced to pushed. And completely excused the CEOs taking money and reverse splitting the stock. Repeatedly.

Then you give a half hearted commercial. Whatever.
Hmmm contract change from your paid based off performance than a guarantee makes more sense wouldn’t you think? Or make all you want no matter how bad company continues to go. If you want the profit of sale of stock you better make it profitable.

Hmmm contract change from your paid based off performance than a guarantee makes more sense wouldn’t you think? Or make all you want no matter how bad company continues to go. If you want the profit of sale of stock you better make it profitable.

And what did those changes get you ? More debt on the books. Reverse spits. The CEOs get theirs and everyone else got the shaft. They shafted the banks. They shafted the employees. Why do you think this was a good thing ?

And what did those changes get you ? More debt on the books. Reverse spits. The CEOs get theirs and everyone else got the shaft. They shafted the banks. They shafted the employees. Why do you think this was a good thing ?
No debt paid down additional increases in healthcare benefits, still received cost of living raises,23 million plus invested revenue equipment, interest rate decreased and payments diluted and pushed off to years later (150 million was due 2019 now 2022 or 2025 and cut in half if I’m correct on amount)

No debt paid down additional increases in healthcare benefits, still received cost of living raises,23 million plus invested revenue equipment, interest rate decreased and payments diluted and pushed off to years later (150 million was due 2019 now 2022 or 2025 and cut in half if I’m correct on amount)

Paying the debt down was a recent thing. And it was a small amount.

At the time of the MOU they increased the debt and said they were going to close the gates. Isn't that why you voted for the MOU ? Or did they have all that money then and told you to do the MOU also ?

I thought we were talking about the CEOs compensation ? And how they stole from the company and the banks and the employees ? Where do you bring in that you got a COL increase ? How did that change anything in terms of executive compensation ?

And the debt was refinanced right before your boy walked out the door. You got balloon payments coming along with that debt that got pushed.

A few new trucks had to be nice. Your fleet is garbage. I got a few buddies that spent some time looking for running, road worthy equipment over there. Lured in by the health care package. They have all moved on now. Couldn't stomach the environment and the nonsense. It's not for everyone. But I am glad to hear you are happy with it. When are they gonna start buying their terminals back ? Or will they ?

Paying the debt down was a recent thing. And it was a small amount.

At the time of the MOU they increased the debt and said they were going to close the gates. Isn't that why you voted for the MOU ? Or did they have all that money then and told you to do the MOU also ?

I thought we were talking about the CEOs compensation ? And how they stole from the company and the banks and the employees ? Where do you bring in that you got a COL increase ? How did that change anything in terms of executive compensation ?

And the debt was refinanced right before your boy walked out the door. You got balloon payments coming along with that debt that got pushed.

A few new trucks had to be nice. Your fleet is garbage. I got a few buddies that spent some time looking for running, road worthy equipment over there. Lured in by the health care package. They have all moved on now. Couldn't stomach the environment and the nonsense. It's not for everyone. But I am glad to hear you are happy with it. When are they gonna start buying their terminals back ? Or will they ?
Where did I ever say I was happy? Assumption makes you look like the 1st three letters!!!! Your correct it’s not for everyone. Previous post explains change in compensation. IMO jabs at other carriers in hopes of demise and the current understanding of your employer is steadily taking away instead of the opposite, but yet unwilling to help change due to own opinion is what keeps drivers at a disadvantage and divided.

Where did I ever say I was happy? Assumption makes you look like the 1st three letters!!!! Your correct it’s not for everyone. Previous post explains change in compensation. IMO jabs at other carriers in hopes of demise and the current understanding of your employer is steadily taking away instead of the opposite, but yet unwilling to help change due to own opinion is what keeps drivers at a disadvantage and divided.
TRUTH !

Troubleman , I've asked this question before: At the end of 10 years how much money will the -15% add up to in total?

Does YRCW and it's companies have to account for this money? Can they account for all of this money?

One of the excuses used by executives to explain the high compensation is that high pay and bonuses are needed to attract top candidates for these jobs.

Once the Teamsters set up the -15% did they also make sure executives did not receive bonuses and upper end compensation while the everyday workers where in the middle of -15%?

If you aren't happy with it …. why do you defend it and justify it so vigorously ? I haven't assumed anything. Only read your words at took them at face value.

Previous post neglected to be clear about anything concerning the question I gave you. That's why I am asking for clarity. If you don't want to answer, just say so.

It's your aim to insist that standing together and voting will get us more. Even though it got you less. I would just like an explanation as to why you think things will go better for us than they have for you.

Troubleman , I've asked this question before: At the end of 10 years how much money will the -15% add up to in total?

Does YRCW and it's companies have to account for this money? Can they account for all of this money?

One of the excuses used by executives to explain the high compensation is that high pay and bonuses are needed to attract top candidates for these jobs.

Once the Teamsters set up the -15% did they also make sure executives did not receive bonuses and upper end compensation while the everyday workers where in the middle of -15%?

Isn't it interesting that CEOs think it's okay to give pay and perks to get qualified candidates in their position, but not in ours ? With the way all these big wigs keep disappearing and the way all the numbers keep getting better as they do; shouldn't they believe the opposite ? How much does a CEO shortage effect a company ? How much does a driver shortage effect a company ? Seems pretty simple to my simple mind.

And the CEOs at YRC got paid very well for getting the MOU. And then used their position to get back what they said they were going to personally give up, and then some.

It's your aim to insist that standing together and voting will get us more. Even though it got you less. I would just like an explanation as to why you think things will go better for us than they have for you.
Do you know why YRC got into bad financial shape to begin with ? Was it the Teamsters fault ? Would you hold the Teamsters responsible if they never made concessions to YRC to keep the company afloat and the company went under ? Why do you compare what the membership at YRC gets from a financially ailing company vs. a company that is capable of doing better for its employees but chooses not to ?
Fact is they still have a company paid pension.. do we ? They Pay Zero for their healthcare with superior coverage ..do we have the same ? They have a grievance and arbitration process ..Do we ?

Do you know why YRC got into bad financial shape to begin with ? Was it the Teamsters fault ? Would you hold the Teamsters responsible if they never made concessions to YRC to keep the company afloat and the company went under ? Why do you compare what the membership at YRC gets from a financially ailing company vs. a company that is capable of doing better for its employees but chooses not to ?
Fact is they still have a company paid pension.. do we ? They Pay Zero for their healthcare with superior coverage ..do we have the same ? They have a grievance and arbitration process ..Do we ?

Both companies are capable of better. Drivers wages aren't what will make or break YRC.

It is his assertion that the union can demand better. But that isn't what happened.

TRUTH

Both companies are capable of better. Drivers wages aren't what will make or break YRC.

It is his assertion that the union can demand better. But that isn't what happened.

TRUTH
I'm not sure if they could get anything more out of them. I'm speaking as an outsider not involved in their negotiations. You may be right maybe they could have got more. I just don't see the comparison to our situation as be similar. Respecfully

I'm not sure if they could get anything more out of them. I'm speaking as an outsider not involved in their negotiations. You may be right maybe they could have got more. I just don't see the comparison to our situation as be similar. Respecfully

What is similar is that wanting more may not get you more, even if it looks like a better deal at the time. Things can change in a hurry.

A ::shit:: load of money.
Hard to keep up with all the money Yellow blew in the beginning that’s why Bill Zollars was removed and Welch came Jamie Pierson followed. That’s what I was trying to explain to highspeed they changed their contracts to performance based compensation in the forms of stocks. Yes in our restructuring agreement they have a equal sacrifice termination of retiree medical, suspension of defined contribution pension plans, suspension of employer matching 401k plans, freezing of defined pension plan, increases in cost of healthcare, eliminating wage increases, suspension of performance equity awards.

A :::shit::: load of money.
Hard to keep up with all the money Yellow blew in the beginning that’s why Bill Zollars was removed and Welch came Jamie Pierson followed. That’s what I was trying to explain to highspeed they changed their contracts to performance based compensation in the forms of stocks. Yes in our restructuring agreement they have a equal sacrifice termination of retiree medical, suspension of defined contribution pension plans, suspension of employer matching 401k plans, freezing of defined pension plan, increases in cost of healthcare, eliminating wage increases, suspension of performance equity awards.
Thank you for your response. There's a lot of checks on the executive compensation if I understand you correctly.

As far as the -15% money , nobody can control how the company spends it and there is no real dollar figure as to how much the final total will be , correct?

P.S. - I run into YRC , and Holland drivers all the time and it seems to be a touchy subject ( -15% ) At some point didn't there used to be a running tally of the -15% on your pay stub? I ask because I remember a driver saying all it did was **** him off eve more. I , like many other drivers at different companies hope YRC company drivers do a lot better than this past 10 years.

If you aren't happy with it …. why do you defend it and justify it so vigorously ? I haven't assumed anything. Only read your words at took them at face value.

Previous post neglected to be clear about anything concerning the question I gave you. That's why I am asking for clarity. If you don't want to answer, just say so.

No I clarify what you and others on here who assume about a union shop and job coexist together. Where you try to insult on a theory I rebut on facts. Like I tell drivers in the shop. There’s a difference between a gripe and grievance. Gripe is opinion right or wrong and just continues to feed the bitching (you complaining about XPO). Grievance is a legitimate claim that can be handle and officially be changed by either parties.

No I clarify what you and others on here who assume about a union shop and job coexist together. Where you try to insult on a theory I rebut on facts. Like I tell drivers in the shop. There’s a difference between a gripe and grievance. Gripe is opinion right or wrong and just continues to feed the bitching (you complaining about XPO). Grievance is a legitimate claim that can be handle and officially be changed by either parties.

In an "AT Will" state, the grievance process alone is worth the price of your dues. Granted that most of us won't need it, but the peace of mind and security it offers greatly improves the employee morale and, as a result, productivity improves as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.