XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your response. There's a lot of checks on the executive compensation if I understand you correctly.

As far as the -15% money , nobody can control how the company spends it and there is no real dollar figure as to how much the final total will be , correct?

P.S. - I run into YRC , and Holland drivers all the time and it seems to be a touchy subject ( -15% ) At some point didn't there used to be a running tally of the -15% on your pay stub? I ask because I remember a driver saying all it did was **** him off eve more. I , like many other drivers at different companies hope YRC company drivers do a lot better than this past 10 years.
We don’t give money back, they pay us at lower rate. The fact of debt is finally going down, investments in equipment and technology makes it seem we will be here for a while. Now they still do dumb ::shit:: for as managing operations but want to blame work rules. They just don’t have the right people in right positions or don’t have the skills. Per the MOU we have a Subcommittee that has rights to the books yearly to see how their doing in catch them in violation. Example they can’t subcontract road run (PT or rail) no more than 26%. If they do they have to pay penalties to all road drivers for such runaround last year was over a million in penalty pay.

We don’t give money back, they pay us at lower rate. The fact of debt is finally going down, investments in equipment and technology makes it seem we will be here for a while. Now they still do dumb :::shit::: for as managing operations but want to blame work rules. They just don’t have the right people in right positions or don’t have the skills. Per the MOU we have a Subcommittee that has rights to the books yearly to see how their doing in catch them in violation. Example they can’t subcontract road run (PT or rail) no more than 26%. If they do they have to pay penalties to all road drivers for such runaround last year was over a million in penalty pay.
I posted twice to you about -15%

Never put anything in there about give backs. Like I said before: it seems to be a touchy subject and I believe if YRC and it's companies do well ( as in paying it's drivers more instead of less ) it's good for the LTL industry as a whole.

With all of the problems and setbacks , YRC and its regionals are still a top 3 LTL.

Also , don't you think that number that nobody can come up with ( -15% for what will be 10 years ) would be a battle cry for ALL YRC employees that it affected? However much it may be , just by saying it aloud should stop whatever offer that the company would make.

There's no way possible that YRC should be able to ask for anything in contract negotiations without getting slapped across the face with THAT number. Anyway , that's my opinion. Once again , good luck to you and all those working along with you.

Both companies are capable of better. Drivers wages aren't what will make or break YRC.

It is his assertion that the union can demand better. But that isn't what happened.

TRUTH
1st part I agree, but I’ve never stated the union can demand better. They just have a history within membership to have better overall compared to non union. On our deal fulfilled their obligation to protect jobs and of course the membership was happy, but it is betterment of the membership overall.

Thank you for your response. There's a lot of checks on the executive compensation if I understand you correctly.

As far as the -15% money , nobody can control how the company spends it and there is no real dollar figure as to how much the final total will be , correct?

P.S. - I run into YRC , and Holland drivers all the time and it seems to be a touchy subject ( -15% ) At some point didn't there used to be a running tally of the -15% on your pay stub? I ask because I remember a driver saying all it did was **** him off eve more. I , like many other drivers at different companies hope YRC company drivers do a lot better than this past 10 years.
Yes they used to show you on pay stubs weekly now you can request at end of the year.

No I clarify what you and others on here who assume about a union shop and job coexist together. Where you try to insult on a theory I rebut on facts. Like I tell drivers in the shop. There’s a difference between a gripe and grievance. Gripe is opinion right or wrong and just continues to feed the bitching (you complaining about XPO). Grievance is a legitimate claim that can be handle and officially be changed by either parties.

I don't understand why you keep saying I am insulting you. My posts don't reflect your accusations.

It has been said that over the last 10 years you have been going backwards. And you keep saying that being union strong will propel us forwards. How can you still believe that ?

A :::shit::: load of money.
Hard to keep up with all the money Yellow blew in the beginning that’s why Bill Zollars was removed and Welch came Jamie Pierson followed. That’s what I was trying to explain to highspeed they changed their contracts to performance based compensation in the forms of stocks. Yes in our restructuring agreement they have a equal sacrifice termination of retiree medical, suspension of defined contribution pension plans, suspension of employer matching 401k plans, freezing of defined pension plan, increases in cost of healthcare, eliminating wage increases, suspension of performance equity awards.

Why do you keep defending these " equal sacrifices " ? They gave up a nickel and stole $5 million. By giving them power through stock they immediately took advantage and got paid much more than they ever could have lost.

We don’t give money back, they pay us at lower rate. The fact of debt is finally going down, investments in equipment and technology makes it seem we will be here for a while. Now they still do dumb :::shit::: for as managing operations but want to blame work rules. They just don’t have the right people in right positions or don’t have the skills. Per the MOU we have a Subcommittee that has rights to the books yearly to see how their doing in catch them in violation. Example they can’t subcontract road run (PT or rail) no more than 26%. If they do they have to pay penalties to all road drivers for such runaround last year was over a million in penalty pay.

Are these the same people that are keeping track of CEO compensation ? Do you trust these people to know what they are even doing ? The ways these guys are cooking the books how would the subcommittee even know what they are looking at ? Does getting a few dollars here and there do enough to justify their position ?

1st part I agree, but I’ve never stated the union can demand better. They just have a history within membership to have better overall compared to non union. On our deal fulfilled their obligation to protect jobs and of course the membership was happy, but it is betterment of the membership overall.

So it's your opinion that it's better to take less ? And that it's okay for a bargaining unit to accept less ? And that 10 years of being lessened isn't developing a history of getting less and less ?

I posted twice to you about -15%

Never put anything in there about give backs. Like I said before: it seems to be a touchy subject and I believe if YRC and it's companies do well ( as in paying it's drivers more instead of less ) it's good for the LTL industry as a whole.

With all of the problems and setbacks , YRC and its regionals are still a top 3 LTL.

Also , don't you think that number that nobody can come up with ( -15% for what will be 10 years ) would be a battle cry for ALL YRC employees that it affected? However much it may be , just by saying it aloud should stop whatever offer that the company would make.

There's no way possible that YRC should be able to ask for anything in contract negotiations without getting slapped across the face with THAT number. Anyway , that's my opinion. Once again , good luck to you and all those working along with you.

Watch the YRC comes out with 10%-12.5% further pay cut. Watch they sell it with. We can't afford more debt and need new equipment and so on. If we can't get more concessions we will have to close the gates. And then justify that with CSA scores and the like. It will be a wonderfully drawn argument and the rank and file will suck it up and once again vote yes. Because the union will have told them that it was in their best interest.

I don't understand why you keep saying I am insulting you. My posts don't reflect your accusations.

It has been said that over the last 10 years you have been going backwards. And you keep saying that being union strong will propel us forwards. How can you still believe that ?

The Teamsters have done the best they could with a company that was horribly mismanaged. If you want to define union strong, why not look at UPS or ABF or any one of a thousand companies where unions have done very well for their membership. In addition, the concept works much better when we all participate. There is strength in numbers and as long as people refuse to see the possibilities, we will never be as strong as we could be. The heyday of the middle class was post WW2, when union membership in this country was 45% of the work force. We are at about 9% now. That's like drinking a bottle of beer and expecting the same kick as a bottle of Jim Beam.

The Teamsters have done the best they could with a company that was horribly mismanaged. If you want to define union strong, why not look at UPS or ABF or any one of a thousand companies where unions have done very well for their membership. In addition, the concept works much better when we all participate. There is strength in numbers and as long as people refuse to see the possibilities, we will never be as strong as we could be. The heyday of the middle class was post WW2, when union membership in this country was 45% of the work force. We are at about 9% now. That's like drinking a bottle of beer and expecting the same kick as a bottle of Jim Beam.

Because troubleman84 works for YRC at Holland. According to his posts. And he is here to set the record straight using his direct knowledge. According to his posts.

Because troubleman84 works for YRC at Holland. According to his posts. And he is here to set the record straight using his direct knowledge. According to his posts.

Maybe consider where YRC would be without union representation? That 15% could have been 25% with no one to dispute it. When drivers have the perception that they are LUCKY to have a job, especially in this market, the company has already completed the bamboozle. Common sense has been smothered by propaganda.

If it was the unions fault I could see your point. Bill Zollars created this mess

Watch the YRC comes out with 10%-12.5% further pay cut. Watch they sell it with. We can't afford more debt and need new equipment and so on. If we can't get more concessions we will have to close the gates. And then justify that with CSA scores and the like. It will be a wonderfully drawn argument and the rank and file will suck it up and once again vote yes. Because the union will have told them that it was in their best interest.
Can you come with factual post instead of your opinion?

We have been going backwards with this company over the same period and their financially stable.

We have been going backwards with this company over the same period and their financially stable.

Not just financially stable, but making record profits. In this market, with the driver shortage and record financial profits, they continue to take from us in an effort to do what? Certainly not thank us for the hard work we have done to generate those profits, but to once again pad their bottom line. And drivers get on these boards and complain about the situation yet are unwilling to do anything about it. So far, they have taken in minor increments...Bereavement, PTO, Health Insurance, Disability Benefits, Disciplinary Measures...but, soon enough the hammer will fall and we'll all be the head of the nail. Even those of you who say they are happy with the company can't be too optimistic about the direction we are going and you need to ask yourself how much longer will the peace and contentment will last.

Not just financially stable, but making record profits. In this market, with the driver shortage and record financial profits, they continue to take from us in an effort to do what? Certainly not thank us for the hard work we have done to generate those profits, but to once again pad their bottom line. And drivers get on these boards and complain about the situation yet are unwilling to do anything about it. So far, they have taken in minor increments...Bereavement, PTO, Health Insurance, Disability Benefits, Disciplinary Measures...but, soon enough the hammer will fall and we'll all be the head of the nail. Even those of you who say they are happy with the company can't be too optimistic about the direction we are going and you need to ask yourself how much longer will the peace and contentment will last.
If it was the unions fault I could see your point. Bill Zollars created this mess
Truth... But that doesn't fit their narrative.

Sorry, man. This is pure speculation and highly unlikely. As of June, no proposals have even been offered yet.

Knowing this, why hasn’t Hoffa and company gone all out in pushing for unionization of other carriers? Ask any business leader; companies either grow or shrink; there is no sitting still. Why has IBT been shrinking? If it’s not bad leadership then what caused it?

Status
Not open for further replies.