XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are. Most people are in a union because they have to be, not because they are interested in the plight of the working man or the terms of their contract. 44% voted on the contract at UPS and triggered an automatic ratification despite a majority no vote. 60% voted FOR concessions at YRC in '09. Less than 20% voted on the Teamster leadership in '16, and half of those reelected the same crooked politicians responsible for the history of corruption that Hollywoodz claims the Teamsters really care about. NMF doesn't even have a contract and not everyone could be bothered to participate in a zero risk strike.

They count on that apathy. Look at all the hoops to decertify once you have a contract- they know if they get you into that contract, it's a blank check- written by the loudest grumblers and drawn on the silent majority. The only winning move is not to play.
I think the winning move would be to start a different union that would bypass the crooked IBT leaders. One big reason for apathy is knowing that your union isn’t fighting for its members.

I think the winning move would be to start a different union that would bypass the crooked IBT leaders. One big reason for apathy is knowing that your union isn’t fighting for its members.
Reading the ups forum, I feel bad for the employees who got ::shit:: they voted down forced through, simply because of member voter apathy. Is it true that the teamsters overlooked other no votes with less than 60% in past votes? If so, that screams collusion.

Reading the ups forum, I feel bad for the employees who got :::shit::: they voted down forced through, simply because of member voter apathy. Is it true that the teamsters overlooked other no votes with less than 60% in past votes? If so, that screams collusion.
Ha! Let’s get Meullers team to launch an investigation! It will only take 10 years to indict lol

In those years everyone was excluded
So according to the argument made for your case in court you and Hollywoodz need to quit fearmongering about everything being taken away. We are guaranteed a pay raise every year. So I guess that’s one thing none of us have to worry about anymore. Btw they’re giving some back on the insurance and disability also. I’m sure this effort is just a ploy to distract us right before the hammer drops

So according to the argument made for your case in court you and Hollywoodz need to quit fearmongering about everything being taken away. We are guaranteed a pay raise every year. So I guess that’s one thing none of us have to worry about anymore. Btw they’re giving some back on the insurance and disability also. I’m sure this effort is just a ploy to distract us right before the hammer drops
It's not fearmongering when it's actually happening. Things are being taken away from us since the acquisition. More importantly, discipline is becoming more

becoming more
more severe. And I can assure you we would be losing everything if not for the prescience of the Teamsters. The company has drastically cut back on all their "reforms" for fear of driving every terminal to the Teamsters doorstep. Most of you guys dont realize what could be happening without union presence OR, more importantly what WILL happen if the Teamsters go away. Pray that doesn't happen.

Fearmongering where have you been for the last 10 yrs . They finally decide to give a little to stave off the union movement and ease the driver shortage and your easily impressed. Your welcome by the way.
You be losing more if it weren’t for the efforts of some . Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.