XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO they don't. They wish they could destroy that loyalty in totality. They don't want us here. And are confused as to why any one would stay. Even with winter coming. Guys keep leaving. Good guys. The guys we count on. And another round of retirements are on tap. The cupboard is getting awfully bare around here.
Well , lets put it this way I think they want the loyalty I just don’t think they want to compensate for it. We cant even attract new employees through regular hiring process so they started schools again all over system to lure prospective drivers. I heard they are in of thousand drivers at this point. I’m not knocking the driving schools just making the point no one with experience is applying.

Last edited:
I seen a lot of companies bought out & it never turns out to be a good thing, people will try to find the positive in the change but after a few months they see they were wrong....
Well FedEx bought out AF and drivers on here are telling them to go there before coming here. I also know drivers that have been there before and after the buyout and other then the health benefits they are very happy. So not all buyout are bad.

Well , lets put it this way I think they want the loyalty I just don’t think they want to compensate for it. We cant even attract new employees through regular hiring process so they started schools again all over system to lure prospective drivers. I heard they are in of thousand drivers at this point. I’m not knocking the driving schools just making the point no one with experience is applying.
The same problem at the union carriers too. Both ABF and YRC have had signs out for years.

I read that the annual premium is the same, the only increase being in a 48 week deduction instead of 52.

The premium will be paid in 48 weeks instead of 52. In the four months where there are 5 paychecks, one week in each month, there will be no deduction for insurance.

For those drivers who may be unaware, Team Care Health Care was proposed to the company a few months ago. They have apparently rejected the plan...

LOL, isn't that how bargaining works? They are under no obligation to say yes.

Details will be released shortly and when you see this, and finally open up your eyes to the reality of the situation, you'll see what the Teamsters can do for you.

What the Teamsters can do for me is :censored: off, but they are really taking their time about it. Anything you can do to speed that up?

There is no possible way they can put a "spin" on this that says anything other than "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU."

And the Teamsters do? Go peruse the union boards sometime. Trying to appeal to the heart is a losing strategy.

The problem with Teamcare is that the Teamsters come with it. That's a dealbreaker. It really doesn't matter how great it is. I could join the Navy and travel the world, but I don't want to be in the Navy, so it's irrelevant how great the ports are. Conversely, if you join just to see the ocean, that's not good decision making. Makes the recruiters happy though...

We are now part of a rollout M&A organization.

It's called "roll-up", not "roll-out".

Now if you cut cost at the company you just bought ,every dollar saved goes to the bottom line.

This statement applies to literally every business.

The way the the leaders of these companies make money is through elaborate bonus structures...

That is how many high level executives are paid- it's not unique to rollups.

We are now part of a rollout M&A organization. Growth is achieved by acquisitions rather then organic means ( that not to say some organic growth does not occur ) and profit for those at the top are base of of bonuses from saving and overzealous investors caught up in the spin of future growth estimates by those at the top.

I don't think you're nearly as business savvy as you're trying to sound. Growing through acquisitions doesn't mean you cut costs- good business sense means you cut costs. Stock price isn't always driven by what you say you're going to do, you do have to actually deliver something to have some credibility for your forecasts.

Conway, for all the warm fuzzies, was a spoiled, fat company. The were a lot of opportunities to save money- that's why we were acquired. We were a piece of the freight business that XPO didn't have.

You barely made it a year after the buyout before you voted. You already had your mind made up about what was going to happen, and now you're throwing around business buzzwords to try and convince people that you've been right all along, even as the evidence mounts that you might not have been right at all.

I heard Jacobs say that we were gonna see some love from XPO. I know we've seen some raises due to the fact he has to keep up with the competition, but I've seen nothing that says we're loved....only marginalized.

Haha, man, you guys have got to let that go. He said he was going to show some love and every single one of you decided exactly what kind of windfall that meant for you and there was no way in hell he was going to meet your expectations. That's on you.

LOL, isn't that how bargaining works? They are under no obligation to say yes.

I would expect the company for which I work to offer me the best possible benefits available based on the cost allowed to provide that benefit. When I saw the difference between Teamcare and Cigna AND considering the fact that there is no additional cost to the company to provide the far superior Teamcare plan, I was stunned. You will be too!

Haha, man, you guys have got to let that go. He said he was going to show some love and every single one of you decided exactly what kind of windfall that meant for you and there was no way in hell he was going to meet your expectations. That's on you.
HAHA!!! That's on him, man. People shouldn't make promises they have no intention of keeping. I never had any expectations but I'd sure like to see some effort. The things you say and or promise anyone always has the ability to haunt you forever.
Just ask any politician.

Last edited:
And the Teamsters do? Go peruse the union boards sometime. Trying to appeal to the heart is a losing strategy.

The problem with Teamcare is that the Teamsters come with it. That's a dealbreaker. It really doesn't matter how great it is. I could join the Navy and travel the world, but I don't want to be in the Navy, so it's irrelevant how great the ports are. Conversely, if you join just to see the ocean, that's not good decision making. Makes the recruiters happy though...

Your objections to the Teamsters are based on implications of who they were and certainly not who they are today. After 30 or so years of federal government stewardship, they have become one of the most responsible organizations in labor management today. Sure, you can cite a few instances of corruption, but I would argue that these are the actions of the smallest of minorities and must not be held as an indictment of the entire organization. Corruption exists in every organization and the fact that they have exposed that corruption and addressed it is a testament to their fiduciary responsibility to their members.

Teamsters have evolved into an organization that understands the value of cooperation between labor and management. They understand the value of standing behind the little guy in his battle with the nasty giant. They understand that one man alone cannot fight and win against these huge corporations. I'll be happy to pay my dues of about 16.00 per week to know that I'll have someone standing in my corner to help me negotiate my benefits, improve my wages and guide me through any difficult situations that may arise. Turning your back on someone who wants to help you makes no sense to me.

Your Navy analogy seems accurate until you consider the commitment you have to make to join. Teamsters ask for no such commitment.

Your objections to the Teamsters are based on implications of who they were and certainly not who they are today.

What's the president's name again?

Teamsters have evolved into an organization that understands the value of cooperation between labor and management.

Is that right? Have you seen the signs people are holding at XPO locations? The posts suggesting that XPO is killing their employees? The disruptions of company meetings? The Teamsters are the same bunch they've always been, just with a little less mafia in the recipe.

Turning your back on someone who wants to help you makes no sense to me.

Because I'm not naive enough to believe that someone in my face telling me how desperately I need their "help" is trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.