XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a bitter disappointment for me as I had contact with several of the drivers both by phone and by text. I felt very positive that it would be a win for you guys. I am proud of the 8 who held their conviction and voted their conscience and want them to know that there will be another opportunity next year. For the 9 who voted no, I can't even imagine why. The Teamcare Health Plan alone was worth a shot.

For those of you who might say that the 9 voted their conscience also, I would argue just the opposite. They sold out and betrayed their coworkers, their families and themselves for 30 pieces of silver. That's what the 1.10 will yield...about 30 dollars per week. I'm happy for you guys, now that you're at top tier, but you would have gotten that anyway...thanks to the presence of the Teamsters. without this campaign, you would have gotten nothing!

It may be a surprise to some who feel the ride is over, however, there is more to come. Stay Tuned!
The company was desperate and the only way they could pull it off was to come in 48 hours before the vote and buy them off. Unfortunately theres more than money at stake . They did the same in Newburgh, It’s a lesson that will learned. Foward and up

Last edited:
-1x-1.png
[/QUOT

-1x-1.png

That's a nice chart. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell the whole story. From 2016 to 2017 the level remained at 10.7%. In 2018, the membership edged up ever so slightly. You might say negligibly so, however, we're moving in the right direction. Additionally, Trucking and warehousing is at 17.4% unionization levels, considerably higher than the rest of the private sector. XPO blatantly breaks laws to discourage unionization, as they did in Rockaway, as do many other mega employers. Others stop at nothing within the law to accomplish the same goal. They are bold. intimidating and flush with cash and their every effort goes toward padding their bottom line at the expense of their employees.

A company CANNOT offer raises, benefits or any other incentives to avoid unionization and I believe that's exactly what they did in Rockaway. We'll see if the lawyers agree.

Last edited:
It was a bitter disappointment for me as I had contact with several of the drivers both by phone and by text. I felt very positive that it would be a win for you guys. I am proud of the 8 who held their conviction and voted their conscience and want them to know that there will be another opportunity next year. For the 9 who voted no, I can't even imagine why. The Teamcare Health Plan alone was worth a shot.

For those of you who might say that the 9 voted their conscience also, I would argue just the opposite. They sold out and betrayed their coworkers, their families and themselves for 30 pieces of silver. That's what the 1.10 will yield...about 30 dollars per week. I'm happy for you guys, now that you're at top tier, but you would have gotten that anyway...thanks to the presence of the Teamsters. without this campaign, you would have gotten nothing!

It may be a surprise to some who feel the ride is over, however, there is more to come. Stay Tuned!
Did the nons and fencesitters get that last part? If you don't vote "yes" for the union, then you're a sellout, a traitor. You nons and undecideds are idiots because you're to short sighted to see how wonderful your work life will be once you give the union carte blanche to create its faux utopian workplace! What's next Hollywoodz? You gonna start calling the "no" voters s**bs? You think this is just about health insurance? You think "no" voters are so short sighted that they can see nothing more than $$signs? You know there a lot of people I know who have issues with union philosophy that override whatever benefits organizing may bring the workforce. Have you ever considered going a little deeper into the heart of the "no" voter before coming on here and blasting them? Obviously not.

I have to disagree with you we had 12 yes on Friday they announced the raise on Monday and 4 associates changed there minds. Maybe your right and it's not about the money??

Did the nons and fencesitters get that last part? If you don't vote "yes" for the union, then you're a sellout, a traitor. You nons and undecideds are idiots because you're to short sighted to see how wonderful your work life will be once you give the union carte blanche to create its faux utopian workplace! What's next Hollywoodz? You gonna start calling the "no" voters s**bs? You think this is just about health insurance? You think "no" voters are so short sighted that they can see nothing more than $$signs? You know there a lot of people I know who have issues with union philosophy that override whatever benefits organizing may bring the workforce. Have you ever considered going a little deeper into the heart of the "no" voter before coming on here and blasting them? Obviously not.

Yes votes had it...until the 1.10 raise was offered. Anyone who abandons their principles for money lacks courage and conviction. They deserve to be blasted. I'm glad I didn't say what was really on my mind. And it's not just about Health insurance. There are numerous benefits associated with union representation. You are just too short sighted to see it. You rant in generalities about the negatives, yet offer no specific conditions that warrant the negativity. Corruption no longer applies. What exactly are the hallmarks of a faux utopian workplace? Were you referring to the grievance and arbitration process? Or maybe guaranteed raises every year. Maybe you're referring the company putting ALL it's drivers on the street BEFORE they call the subs in? Or maybe the end of "at will" employment?

And for you to say that this is not about health insurance is simply ridiculous. Have you seen the comparison chart? Which plan would you rather have? Some drivers in my barn who have family coverage would save 5K EVERY year in premiums alone. Not to mention 50% on deductibles, 80% on maximum out of pocket costs, 50% on co pays...AND IF YOU DIE FOR ANY REASON, YOUR FAMILY IS COVERED FOR 5 ADDITIONAL YEARS AT NO COST TO THEM. We just lost a dock worker and a great guy last week. It would have been nice if his family were able to have the peace of mind offered by this plan.

You guys are all out of excuses. 7 terminals have withstood the barrage of illegal activity perpetrated by this company and we are still standing. Now. we have to contend with the big stall. Fear of reprisals can no longer be a factor as you can see that there are no negative consequences of certification.

I have to disagree with you we had 12 yes on Friday they announced the raise on Monday and 4 associates changed there minds. Maybe your right and it's not about the money??

And I'll repeat than anyone who changed their vote for 30 bucks a week is a sellout and lacks the courage of their convictions. The truth may hurt but now, you get to own it.

Pay Particular Attention to #4
Things your employer cannot do
  1. Attend any union meeting, park across the street from the hall or engage in any undercover activity which would indicate that the employees are being kept under surveillance to determine who is and who is not participating in the union program.
  2. Tell employees that the company will fire or punish them if they engage in union activity.
  3. Lay off, discharge, discipline any employee for union activity.
  4. Grant employees wage increases, special concessions or benefits in order to keep the union out.
  5. Bar employee-union representatives from soliciting employees’ memberships on or off the company property during non-working hours.
  6. Ask employees about union matters, meetings, etc. (Some employees may, of their own accord, walk up and tell of such matters. It is not an unfair labor practice to listen, but to ask questions to obtain additional information is illegal).
  7. Ask employees what they think about the union or a union representative once the employee refuses to discuss it.
  8. Ask employees how they intend to vote.
  9. Threaten employees with reprisal for participating in union activities. For example, threaten to move the plant or close the business, curtail operations or reduce employees’ benefits.
  10. Promise benefits to employees if they reject the union.
  11. Give financial support or other assistance to a union.
  12. Announce that the company will not deal with the union.
  13. Threaten to close, in fact close, or move plant in order to avoid dealing with a union.
  14. Ask employees whether or not they belong to a union, or have signed up for union representation.
  15. Ask an employee, during the hiring interview, about his affiliation with a labor organization or how he feels about unions.
  16. Make anti-union statements or act in a way that might show preference for a non-union man.
  17. Make distinctions between union and non-union employees when assigning overtime work or desirable work.
  18. Purposely team up non-union men and keep them apart from those supporting the union.
  19. Transfer workers on the basis of union affiliations or activities.
  20. Choose employees to be laid off in order to weaken the union’s strength or discourage membership in the union.
  21. Discriminate against union people when disciplining employees.
  22. By nature of work assignments, create conditions intended to get rid of an employee because of his union activity.
  23. Fail to grant a scheduled benefit or wage increase because of union activity.
  24. Deviate from company policy for the purpose of getting rid of a union supporter.
  25. Take action that adversely affects an employee’s job or pay rate because of union activity;
  26. Threaten workers or coerce them in an attempt to influence their vote.
  27. Threaten a union member through a third party.
  28. Promise employees a reward or a future benefit if they decide “no union”.
  29. Tell employees overtime work (and premium pay) will be discontinued if the plant is unionized.
  30. Say unionization will force the company to lay off employees.
  31. Say unionization will do away with vacations or other benefits and privileges presently in effect.
  32. Promise employees promotions, raises or other benefits if they get out of the union or refrain from joining the union.
  33. Start a petition or circular against the union or encourage or take part in its circulation if started by employees.
  34. Urge employees to try to induce others to oppose the union or keep out of it.
  35. Visit the homes of employees to urge them to reject the union.

So, let me be more specific. What issues do you have with the union philosophy? In fact, what EXACTLY IS THE UNION PHILOSOPHY?

Have you ever considered going a little deeper into the heart of the "no" voter before coming on here and blasting them?

How much deeper do I need to go? It's my opinion that they folded for 30 bucks a week. If any of them care to educate me as to their own deeper reasons for voting no, I would welcome their input.

How much deeper do I need to go? It's my opinion that they folded for 30 bucks a week. If any of them care to educate me as to their own deeper reasons for voting no, I would welcome their input.
So you are saying that no driver felt pressured to say yes? But I’m say to say you are a hypocrite, to say that some voted their conscience and the others are sellouts.

Well at my barn we went from level 5 to level 6 which is a $1.03 per hr raise. Then we also are getting another $.39 raise on top of that all takes effect 30 Dec. NO TEAMSTER WERE NEED. There has been NO union activity at my barn at all.

Last edited:
Pay Particular Attention to #4
Things your employer cannot do

1. Attend any union meeting, park across the street from the hall or engage in any undercover activity which would indicate that the employees are being kept under surveillance to determine who is and who is not participating in the union program.
  2. Tell employees that the company will fire or punish them if they engage in union activity.
  3. Lay off, discharge, discipline any employee for union activity.
  4. Grant employees wage increases, special concessions or benefits in order to keep the union out.
  5. Bar employee-union representatives from soliciting employees’ memberships on or off the company property during non-working hours.
  6. Ask employees about union matters, meetings, etc. (Some employees may, of their own accord, walk up and tell of such matters. It is not an unfair labor practice to listen, but to ask questions to obtain additional information is illegal).
  7. Ask employees what they think about the union or a union representative once the employee refuses to discuss it.
  8. Ask employees how they intend to vote.
  9. Threaten employees with reprisal for participating in union activities. For example, threaten to move the plant or close the business, curtail operations or reduce employees’ benefits.
  10. Promise benefits to employees if they reject the union.
  11. Give financial support or other assistance to a union.
  12. Announce that the company will not deal with the union.
  13. Threaten to close, in fact close, or move plant in order to avoid dealing with a union.
  14. Ask employees whether or not they belong to a union, or have signed up for union representation.
  15. Ask an employee, during the hiring interview, about his affiliation with a labor organization or how he feels about unions.
  16. Make anti-union statements or act in a way that might show preference for a non-union man.
  17. Make distinctions between union and non-union employees when assigning overtime work or desirable work.
  18. Purposely team up non-union men and keep them apart from those supporting the union.
  19. Transfer workers on the basis of union affiliations or activities.
  20. Choose employees to be laid off in order to weaken the union’s strength or discourage membership in the union.
  21. Discriminate against union people when disciplining employees.
  22. By nature of work assignments, create conditions intended to get rid of an employee because of his union activity.
  23. Fail to grant a scheduled benefit or wage increase because of union activity.
  24. Deviate from company policy for the purpose of getting rid of a union supporter.
  25. Take action that adversely affects an employee’s job or pay rate because of union activity;
  26. Threaten workers or coerce them in an attempt to influence their vote.
  27. Threaten a union member through a third party.
  28. Promise employees a reward or a future benefit if they decide “no union”.
  29. Tell employees overtime work (and premium pay) will be discontinued if the plant is unionized.
  30. Say unionization will force the company to lay off employees.
  31. Say unionization will do away with vacations or other benefits and privileges presently in effect.
  32. Promise employees promotions, raises or other benefits if they get out of the union or refrain from joining the union.
  33. Start a petition or circular against the union or encourage or take part in its circulation if started by employees.
  34. Urge employees to try to induce others to oppose the union or keep out of it.
  35. Visit the homes of employees to urge them to reject the union.
There is no case here. The company did it all across the company. The XRN barn was not the only barn to be moved up a level and every barn has gotten a 1.25% pay increase starting 30 Dec. The Teamster went crying to court when the barns that voted in the teamster did get the yearly raises everyone else got. Also year raise were never scheduled or guaranteed. You just found some judge that thought differently

This is from a a teamster website: https://teamster.org/organizing-victories/what-expect-management

Management: “If you form a union, you risk losing the benefits and pay raises you already have.”

Fact: It is illegal for a company to freeze or cut previously scheduled raises to discourage you from forming a union. Once you’re organized, you’ll lock in to your current wages and benefits and then negotiate improvements from there. All of you will get an opportunity to review your proposed contract before you vote to approve it. Obviously, you’re not going to approve a contract that cuts our wages or benefits.

Last edited:
XPO blatantly breaks laws to discourage unionization, as they did in Rockaway,
Please tell us what law the company broke????
Others stop at nothing within the law to accomplish the same goal.
Every company has the right to defend themselves and employees that don't want a union. From what I heard the employees told the union busters to not waste there time and the union though it was a lock. Sound like the 2016 election

A company CANNOT offer raises, benefits or any other incentives to avoid unionization and I believe that's exactly what they did in Rockaway. We'll see if the lawyers agree.
I believe the whole company got a raise so no case here.

Keep in mind the recession from ten years ago mite have scared people into not messing with their employment even if the place stinks and is full of injustice if the paycheck dont bouce its keeping your household going

I’m still waiting to see something, anything contract wise from a barn that voted yes. 300 plus pages of posts, still nothing.
Why do they keep bring up something they do have or have not agreed on. They keep talking about these benefits but yet they don't have them. Please stop promising something you don't have yourself only come back when you do.

I’m still waiting to see something, anything contract wise from a barn that voted yes. 300 plus pages of posts, still nothing.
And when you see it you’ll criticize it and say that’s not good enough. With your anti union stance you probably will never be happy with any agreement . You should ask management why there’s no contract.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.