XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they keep bring up something they do have or have not agreed on. They keep talking about these benefits but yet they don't have them. Please stop promising something you don't have yourself only come back when you do.
I don’t think he’s promising. He merely stating what could be if people stuck together and took a stand to losing more benefits.
You guys just had you bonus taken from you for a mere onetime raise of 32 cents. And you just smile while they ass ra!@ you. Please sir do it some more that felt good ! WTF

I’m still waiting to see something, anything contract wise from a barn that voted yes. 300 plus pages of posts, still nothing.
And another thing with 300 pages of dissension here from people like you posting your opposition to unionization and your approval that anything you have is there for the taking . What do you think the message the people that are doing the taking and stalling in negotiations are getting. Don’t get me started. Jeez :1904::duh:

So you are saying that no driver felt pressured to say yes? But I’m say to say you are a hypocrite, to say that some voted their conscience and the others are sellouts.

Let me explain why I am not a hypocrite. Ultimately, 9 drivers voted no. 5 of those drivers were "no" votes from the beginning. Those 5 drivers held to their convictions and voted their conscience and I respect them as much as anyone who voted yes. On the other hand, 4 of those drivers were NOT 'no" votes from the beginning. 4 of those drivers were "yes" votes on Friday and they gave their commitment to their coworkers to vote yes for representation.

On Monday, XPO announced a 1.10 per hour pay raise AND a .36 cents per hour bonus replacement in lieu of end of the year bonuses. Those 4 drivers changed their votes to "no". That's called selling out and there is no other way to say it. They betrayed their coworkers, their families and themselves for about $30 per week.

Here's a fun fact...they still could have voted yes as once the raises were offered, it is highly unlikely that they would have been rescinded. Fun fact #2...What XPO did was illegal and a violation of labor law. Although I have no inside information, I fully expect charges to be filed and I also expect XPO will lose ANOTHER case before the NLRB. Don't know what the remedy is but...

Once again, they have employed another tactic from the book of dirty tricks and managed to deprive 17 hard working men of their right to representation. As long as we keep falling for this, they'll keep winning.

Well at my barn we went from level 5 to level 6 which is a $1.03 per hr raise. Then we also are getting another $.39 raise on top of that all takes effect 30 Dec. NO TEAMSTER WERE NEED. There has been NO union activity at my barn at all.

If you believe that, you're not really paying attention. ANYONE getting a raise at this juncture should be sending thank you cards to their local union. Without the overall presence of the Teamsters, you would have gotten NOTHING...Anything they do now is directly connected to their attempt to drive out the union.

The .39 cents is NOT a raise, technically speaking. It is your bonus, but instead of giving you the entire bonus up front, they spread it out throughout the year, and now they have 10 million to invest and earn interest while we wait for our money. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good thing they did but, once again, they found a way to make it work to their advantage.

Let me explain why I am not a hypocrite. Ultimately, 9 drivers voted no. 5 of those drivers were "no" votes from the beginning. Those 5 drivers held to their convictions and voted their conscience and I respect them as much as anyone who voted yes. On the other hand, 4 of those drivers were NOT 'no" votes from the beginning. 4 of those drivers were "yes" votes on Friday and they gave their commitment to their coworkers to vote yes for representation.

On Monday, XPO announced a 1.10 per hour pay raise AND a .36 cents per hour bonus replacement in lieu of end of the year bonuses. Those 4 drivers changed their votes to "no". That's called selling out and there is no other way to say it. They betrayed their coworkers, their families and themselves for about $30 per week.

Here's a fun fact...they still could have voted yes as once the raises were offered, it is highly unlikely that they would have been rescinded. Fun fact #2...What XPO did was illegal and a violation of labor law. Although I have no inside information, I fully expect charges to be filed and I also expect XPO will lose ANOTHER case before the NLRB. Don't know what the remedy is but...

Once again, they have employed another tactic from the book of dirty tricks and managed to deprive 17 hard working men of their right to representation. As long as we keep falling for this, they'll keep winning.
Well if the report that came out today about shady financial practices is true then it even further confirms that they are not above anything to stifle unionization as we have already witness . They would have lost the vote on Wednesday without their bribe.

There is no case here. The company did it all across the company. The XRN barn was not the only barn to be moved up a level and every barn has gotten a 1.25% pay increase starting 30 Dec. The Teamster went crying to court when the barns that voted in the teamster did get the yearly raises everyone else got. Also year raise were never scheduled or guaranteed. You just found some judge that thought differently

This is from a a teamster website: https://teamster.org/organizing-victories/what-expect-management

Management: “If you form a union, you risk losing the benefits and pay raises you already have.”

Fact: It is illegal for a company to freeze or cut previously scheduled raises to discourage you from forming a union. Once you’re organized, you’ll lock in to your current wages and benefits and then negotiate improvements from there. All of you will get an opportunity to review your proposed contract before you vote to approve it. Obviously, you’re not going to approve a contract that cuts our wages or benefits.

The company may not deprive organized barns the benefits or raises offered to the non organized barns. We won the case, so you can let that go. The criteria used in the case referred to what usual or normal practices and procedures and the expectations of the employees who benefited from those practices.

I believe there is a case here because it is painfully obvious that the timing of this announcement could not have been coincidence...unless you believe in the tooth fairy. How convenient that just 2 days before the vote, XPO felt so generous as to bringing you guys up to the pay rate YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECEIVING ALL ALONG! Ask again, why? You've been played the fool for so long, you don't even realize when it happens again. They keep letting the line out and gently tug at the bait to get your attention..and then, you bite and they reel you in again.

Why not ask your terminal manager why an equivalent to the Teamcare plan is NOT offered to us?

If you believe that, you're not really paying attention. ANYONE getting a raise at this juncture should be sending thank you cards to their local union. Without the overall presence of the Teamsters, you would have gotten NOTHING...Anything they do now is directly connected to their attempt to drive out the union.

The .39 cents is NOT a raise, technically speaking. It is your bonus, but instead of giving you the entire bonus up front, they spread it out throughout the year, and now they have 10 million to invest and earn interest while we wait for our money. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good thing they did but, once again, they found a way to make it work to their advantage.
Your bonuses are gone after 2019.

Please tell us what law the company broke????

Every company has the right to defend themselves and employees that don't want a union. From what I heard the employees told the union busters to not waste there time and the union though it was a lock. Sound like the 2016 election

I believe the whole company got a raise so no case here.

Wrong again. Only a few terminals were brought up 1 pay scale. The .39 cents you mentioned is NOT a raise. It is a bonus replacement.

They did the raise company wide, so there’s no case there, imo. The timing worked in their favour, I’ll agree. I find it offensive that you call a driver a sellout because he changed his mind. That’s their choice.

I’m still waiting to see something, anything contract wise from a barn that voted yes. 300 plus pages of posts, still nothing.

Let me try to shed some light on this. Miami has been in negotiations for nearly 4 years. We have made excellent progress through the policies and procedures articles. However, we are now negotiating the economic package; just a bit more difficult and complicated.

The company has no desire to concede anything. Their purpose is to negotiate a contract that offers nothing more than we have already. If they were allowed to succeed, they could then go back to the rest of the terminals and harp on what a lousy contract we got and how it's not worth paying dues to get what you already have.

The unions purpose is to change everything.
THINK ABOUT THIS IF YOU WILL.

THE UNIONS GOAL IS TO OBTAIN BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION PACKAGES THAT YOU DESERVE. THE UNIONS GOAL IS TO MAKE YOUR SITUATION BETTER THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW!!!

The company is fighting to keep your health care package exactly as it is now. The union is fighting to give you a health care package that is superior to Cigna in every way conceivable AND it is a zero premium plan. No cost to you..

The company want to keep you an "at will" employee. They want to be able to discipline and terminate you without restraint.
The union wants a grievance and arbitration process where you can effectively mitigate "at will" employment. You can still be disciplined or terminated...BUT there better be a good reason for it.

The company wants to have full control over policy and procedures, including any and all economic issues. Reduced PTO accrual at will, raises at their whim, no sick days and reduced disability provisions etc.
The union wants you to have a say in your workplace. The union wants guaranteed raises every year. The union wants you to have sick days so you don't have to spend your vacation in bed with the flu.

I don't want to drag this out forever, but there are dozens more examples as I have listed above, where the company wants to pad their bottom line at your expense and the union wants to take from their bottom line for your benefit. I can't say it any plainer than that. In every instance, the union is trying to improve your life and the company is looking to exploit you.

And finally, to address the ultimate issue, this company plans to delay any first contract until they are forced to offer it. We have no interest in signing a substandard contract and they have no interest in offering a good contract. If they did, EVERYONE would want one.

Almost 700,000 views with over 7000 replies and over 300 pages of debate and dialogue. There has to be several thousand people watching this thread, yet all of you are sitting on your hands...waiting to see what happens. THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Too many anti union guys spouting generalities with no real supportable reason for their opposition. It is only my opinion, but I believe them to be company shills, whose primary focus is to discourage you and lull you into a false sense of security. They'll tell you that the company cares about you and wants you to be happy, when nothing is further from the truth. The company only cares about one thing...PROFIT. That's their job.

THIS IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT. You need to get involved in the process spreading the truth about this company, so that future meetings with these low life union busters will expose all their lies and misrepresentations before they even enter the room.

They did the raise company wide, so there’s no case there, imo. The timing worked in their favour, I’ll agree. I find it offensive that you call a driver a sellout because he changed his mind. That’s their choice.

The .36 cent per hour bonus replacement was certainly company wide, however, the bump in pay scale was offered only to some select terminals. Coupled with the coincidence in timing, I'm just guessing, but I think the NLRB may find that a bit shady.

Their choice was "YES" until XPO bought their vote. You take money to alter your convictions, you're a sellout. I'm sorry you're offended, but that's the way it was and the way it is where I was raised.

Several men at that barn went all out expressing their support for the union with FULL expectation that the rest of the guys were behind them and had their backs. They were betrayed for a few dollars extra in the weekly paycheck.

Let me try to shed some light on this. Miami has been in negotiations for nearly 4 years. We have made excellent progress through the policies and procedures articles. However, we are now negotiating the economic package; just a bit more difficult and complicated.

The company has no desire to concede anything. Their purpose is to negotiate a contract that offers nothing more than we have already. If they were allowed to succeed, they could then go back to the rest of the terminals and harp on what a lousy contract we got and how it's not worth paying dues to get what you already have.

The unions purpose is to change everything.
THINK ABOUT THIS IF YOU WILL.

THE UNIONS GOAL IS TO OBTAIN BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION PACKAGES THAT YOU DESERVE. THE UNIONS GOAL IS TO MAKE YOUR SITUATION BETTER THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW!!!

The company is fighting to keep your health care package exactly as it is now. The union is fighting to give you a health care package that is superior to Cigna in every way conceivable AND it is a zero premium plan. No cost to you..

The company want to keep you an "at will" employee. They want to be able to discipline and terminate you without restraint.
The union wants a grievance and arbitration process where you can effectively mitigate "at will" employment. You can still be disciplined or terminated...BUT there better be a good reason for it.

The company wants to have full control over policy and procedures, including any and all economic issues. Reduced PTO accrual at will, raises at their whim, no sick days and reduced disability provisions etc.
The union wants you to have a say in your workplace. The union wants guaranteed raises every year. The union wants you to have sick days so you don't have to spend your vacation in bed with the flu.

I don't want to drag this out forever, but there are dozens more examples as I have listed above, where the company wants to pad their bottom line at your expense and the union wants to take from their bottom line for your benefit. I can't say it any plainer than that. In every instance, the union is trying to improve your life and the company is looking to exploit you.

And finally, to address the ultimate issue, this company plans to delay any first contract until they are forced to offer it. We have no interest in signing a substandard contract and they have no interest in offering a good contract. If they did, EVERYONE would want one.

Almost 700,000 views with over 7000 replies and over 300 pages of debate and dialogue. There has to be several thousand people watching this thread, yet all of you are sitting on your hands...waiting to see what happens. THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Too many anti union guys spouting generalities with no real supportable reason for their opposition. It is only my opinion, but I believe them to be company shills, whose primary focus is to discourage you and lull you into a false sense of security. They'll tell you that the company cares about you and wants you to be happy, when nothing is further from the truth. The company only cares about one thing...PROFIT. That's their job.

THIS IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT. You need to get involved in the process spreading the truth about this company, so that future meetings with these low life union busters will expose all their lies and misrepresentations before they even enter the room.
Company schill’s? Huh. Fascinating. If you want nothing to do with a corrupt union like the teamsters your a schill. You just can’t believe that a lot of us simply don’t feel the need to unionize. That concept you can’t get your head around. That’s too bad. I feel sorry for narrow minded people like that.

Company schill’s? Huh. Fascinating. If you want nothing to do with a corrupt union like the teamsters your a schill. You just can’t believe that a lot of us simply don’t feel the need to unionize. That concept you can’t get your head around. That’s too bad. I feel sorry for narrow minded people like that.

First off, you're in Canada and the number one issue for your brothers to the south is Health Care. You don't have to worry about that. If you have a family, you've got 5K a year in your pocket that we're paying to Cigna.

Once again, I hear the word corrupt. Can you explain further or cite something recent that supports that accusation? Can you show that the Teamsters are MORE corrupt than any other organization, including trucking companies, churches, schools and our government?

What word would you use to describe someone who completely supports a company that is willfully denies you a MAJOR benefit even though it would cost them nothing to provide it to you? How would you describe that person?

What I can't get my head around is people making important decisions based on false information. So. I have a proposition for you and everyone else on these boards. I'll begin by stating my case for union representation, but the caveat is we can only address ONE ISSUE AT A TIME.

I could begin with Health Care, but I don't want to take advantage just yet.

On the first page of the company Policies & Procedures Manual, there is a paragraph the reads something like this. The Companies Policies are unilateral, rather than contractual. XPO reserves the right to change any policy, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you.
The union believes that this is unfair to you and that some policies and procedures should be subject to bargaining, to insure that the rights of employees are protected and respected. The union believes that employees should NOT be "at will". What do you think? I hope this might be the beginning of a genuine discussion that will deal with specific issues and address the question regarding whether the company or the union has our best interests at heart. I hope everyone will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.