XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we have ICE agents, but some state and city plan illegal laws that don't allow cops to notify ICE when the arrest one of these people.

What you fail to see is that once they cross illegally, or overstay there visa they are now criminals. We have laws on the books and it seems some what to pick and choose what laws they want to follow. You have no problem calling out XPO when they break a law while dealing with the union do you and then you want satisfaction. Now if someone goes into your house without your permission you will call the cops and have them removed or arrested. What would you say if when the cop showed up said there nothing he could do. The whole this person is eating your food, using you electric, water, and when he can take your money out of you account.
When people start looking at the boarder the same way as you do their house then action will be taken.
Remember 18 of the 19 hijackers on September 11, 2001 were Illegal Immigrants...

Remember 18 of the 19 hijackers on September 11, 2001 were Illegal Immigrants...
No they were not . If your going to continue down the road of going off topic here at least get your facts straight.

From the 9/11 commission:

Of the other 18 9/11 hijackers, 14 came to the United States on six-month tourist visas and four came on business visas, according to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. Once in the U.S., two of the hijack pilots applied to have their immigration status changed to vocational student, but neither used such a visa on their subsequent re-entry into the country.

All but 2 had current student/ business visas and those two were in the process of extending theirs.

I know this doesn’t feed your need for a wall bit but at least know the facts.

Lay off the Fox news as your sole source.

I have not read any post here where anyone has said their not for sensible border security.
Illegal immigrantion along the southern border is at an historical low . There is not the emergency that some politicians want you to believe. If ultimately a border wall is needed as the only means to stop immigration than that’s what will happen. In the meantime rushing into haphazardly spending money on something as such a large undertaking with no certainty that it will end illegal imagration because a politician wants to save face is amongst his supporters is wrong.
You are hijacking this thread. There is a political thread that you can participate in on this board .
In the mean time stop labeling people here when you don’t know their beliefs Are in entirety.
I’m surprised it’s been aloud to get so far. I look forward to the same patience from the moderator if a union supporter goes this far topic.

Last edited:
63% of Illegals collect Welfare…...
Wrong again... ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ( I’m assuming that what your referring to) are NOT eligible for any public assistance ( welfare)themselves other that they can not be denied emergency care if they go to a hospital.
The children of illegal immigrants if born in the US are citizens of this country therefore they are entitled to the same benefits all US citizens are granted.

fUQCkzy.jpg

For those of you who believed it when the union busters said the company will close their doors! They can close their doors all right and you will find a new job the next day AND...They'll have to pay you ALL your back wages. That's a nice windfall for these guys. Congratulations!

LOCAL 120 WINS $1.25 MILLION FROM LAKEVILLE MOTOR EXPRESS/LME FOR THEIR MEMBERS! After a two-year battle at the NLRB, Local 120 won $1.25 million in back wages owed to former Lakeville employees. Local 120 and its members held strong for over two years, keeping up a non-stop area standards picket line in front of LME and its new cartage company FLE. President Tom Erickson and General Counsel Katrina Joseph addressed the group tonight, and explained the settlement to the Lakeville employees. We would like to express our sincere thanks to the NLRB Region 18 and to all of our members who manned the picket line: we would not have been successful without you!

+7

If the union is such a bad idea, why do union busters need to lie about them.

Never had one lie to me. Of course, it's very easy to call something a lie, isn't it? If I tell you something that could happen, and it doesn't, that's not a lie. This job can be bad for your hearing- and your memory of what someone might have said.

There is no downside to certification. There is no risk and that is proven through all the terminals who have certified so far.

This right here, though- this could very easily be called a lie. "Risk" and "downside" are relative, and I bet I could find plenty of people that believed this nonsense and now wish they'd never signed a card, and I think you know it. I work with some of them.

I cannot emphasize enough that pro union does NOT equal anti company.

By definition, it does if you work for a non-union company. Who writes this stuff? You can think it's a noble cause or whatever, but you can't argue that you're not attempting a hostile rebellion against a core philosophy of your employer and a strong majority of your coworkers.

I'll be happy to take the Shelby off your hands.

It's not in my hands- I refuse to drive it. Too much luggage in the trunk. ;)

Were you aware that Mr. Hoffa won that election by the skin of his teeth?...With a vote that close, isn't it possible that the next election could yield different results?

Oh sure, we'll get 'em next time, won't we? Right UPS, with your new contract? Right YRC and ABF, with your concessions? There's a reason all the fists you see raised in Teamster propaganda look like al dente pasta. It's just a show.

Headline said:
LOCAL 120 WINS $1.25 MILLION FROM LAKEVILLE MOTOR EXPRESS/LME FOR THEIR MEMBERS!

Yeah, I remember that- it's amazing to me that a union employer would believe that move would stand.

That's a nice windfall for these guys.

I don't know about that. There were 95 people locked out when LME shut their doors- that's about 12k each, for two years? Not much of a windfall.

Just like when you and the guys from Trenton got their back pay- the union made it sound like a lottery win by posting the total judgement.

This right here, though- this could very easily be called a lie. "Risk" and "downside" are relative, and I bet I could find plenty of people that believed this nonsense and now wish they'd never signed a card, and I think you know it. I work with some of them.

I don't know anyone who wished they never signed a card. If you perceive a risk or downside, please elaborate, so we can debate it. In February, we will have worked 4 years under certification. We work under 2014 policy which is far more favorable to us than the 2018 policy that non certified terminals work under. I can post a list of advantages if you like. We work under status quo and they can't arbitrarily change policy on us. We've received our raises and back pay and life goes on. Where's the beef?

Never had one lie to me. Of course, it's very easy to call something a lie, isn't it? If I tell you something that could happen, and it doesn't, that's not a lie. This job can be bad for your hearing- and your memory of what someone might have said.

Anyone who has been through an organizing campaign knows how much they lie. Their purpose is to get you to reject the union and they have no regard for the truth in their quest to that end. Their favorite and most effective tactic is implanting fear in the hearts of the employees by insinuating what COULD happen. You COULD lose your job. The company COULD go out of business. Union policy COULD make it impossible for your company to compete in this market.

Second favorite tactic is unsecured promises. They'll offer pay raises, better equipment, better bids and you'll get them...temporarily, at least. What the company gives with the right hand, they take back with the left. Everyone knows this. And, without a contractual obligation, they can take it all back at their whim.

By definition, it does if you work for a non-union company. Who writes this stuff? You can think it's a noble cause or whatever, but you can't argue that you're not attempting a hostile rebellion against a core philosophy of your employer and a strong majority of your coworkers.

It may be considered a rebellion, although, I wouldn't call it "hostile". I feel certain that the strong majority of our coworkers will feel differently when they understand what kind of health care plan we could have. Teamcare will turn the tide.

The point I was trying to make is that the Teamsters have come to realize that there must be an atmosphere of cooperation between management and labor. Onerous job classifications are mostly gone or at least they're not anything we're talking about. We anticipate few changes pertaining to the way we do our jobs. We do, however, expect to be well compensated for the work we do.

I have first hand experience with persuaders and I recently had my hearing checked as part of a comprehensive examination and it’s 100%. I can tell you there less than honest when presenting their shtick.

The problem is they don’t hold their captive audiences in high regard. They don’t show them the respect they deserve. Sometimes their able to to scare them into submission and sometimes if that’s not enough a little pay increase that was overlooked somehow seals the deal. Than there’s the audience that’s been around the block a few times and see the show for what it is.
A dirty profession.

Last edited:
Just like when you and the guys from Trenton got their back pay- the union made it sound like a lottery win by posting the total judgement.
The drivers at those facilities including myself were paid every dollar they were owed . Have you been hanging out with a persuader ? Your starting to talk like one.
You have no idea who was paid what because you were not involved. So your opinion is just that an opinion.

You can not just take a lump sum of a settlement and divide it by the total number of employees. It’s usally more complex than that . But you know that . It just doesn’t fit your narrative.
In our case the only drivers that were entitled to back pay were those at top rate. The case was over pay increases that were only given to top rate employees because that’s who Xpo gave raises too.

Last edited:

It's not in my hands- I refuse to drive it. Too much luggage in the trunk. ;)

Oh sure, we'll get 'em next time, won't we? Right UPS, with your new contract? Right YRC and ABF, with your concessions? There's a reason all the fists you see raised in Teamster propaganda look like al dente pasta. It's just a show.
ABF voted down concessions....

Anyone who has been through an organizing campaign knows how much they lie. Their purpose is to get you to reject the union and they have no regard for the truth in their quest to that end. Their favorite and most effective tactic is implanting fear in the hearts of the employees by insinuating what COULD happen. You COULD lose your job. The company COULD go out of business. Union policy COULD make it impossible for your company to compete in this market.

Second favorite tactic is unsecured promises. They'll offer pay raises, better equipment, better bids and you'll get them...temporarily, at least. What the company gives with the right hand, they take back with the left. Everyone knows this. And, without a contractual obligation, they can take it all back at their whim.
They show a cartoon that union officals are mafia men and footage of a starving family saying because dad had to pay union dues so theres no money for food and some employees believe this stuff as i can tell by some of these posts

Status
Not open for further replies.