XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.......he got what he asked for. An open door policy directly to management with no 3rd party intrusion.
Talking to management anymore is like talking to a wall. They don't here anything, they don't see anything, they don't know anything. Some of the FOSs are good but they don't know much more than we do. Beyond that it's a waste of time.

Maybe it's time to RE-organize!

It's frustrating because I really don't think he'd see a connection.

Two of the main guys who were organizing for our place were talking about how they were going to vote for people who are vocally anti-union and pushing right to work as they were talking up the union. The dissonance us incredible.

We got our speech about the new New England speeding rules.

Guy throws his hands up and asks, "When the hell do we get a say in this crap?"

Guy was a 'No' during organizing.
It’s a wonder how we all managed to stay safe without all this survalence for so many years.. I guess all those million milers must not have been legit in the past

It's frustrating because I really don't think he'd see a connection.

Two of the main guys who were organizing for our place were talking about how they were going to vote for people who are vocally anti-union and pushing right to work as they were talking up the union. The dissonance us incredible.

Yeah, I love the guys paying $100 a week in premiums for garbage insurance and fail to see the connection, as well.

It’s a wonder how we all managed to stay safe without all this survalence for so many years.. I guess all those million milers must not have been legit in the past

They NEED control of everything, so no one can question anything. First question in my mind is where did all the Conway legacy go...and why? Why did they feel the need to erase Conway managers and supervisors and replace them with people who know nothing about this business?

We got our speech about the new New England speeding rules.

Guy throws his hands up and asks, "When the hell do we get a say in this crap?"

Guy was a 'No' during organizing.
So what can the union do to stop this????
If you we union take a guess what a shop Stewart would tell you in this case???

I would ours would tell us that this doesn’t apply to our barn. (Which it doesn’t ). If it did he probably tell us to slow down.
Electronic surveillance is only going to expand in the coming years. ( more ways to fire you ) that’s why now more then ever you need representation . These type of things can be bargained at the table too make sure it doesn’t become oppressive to your work environment.

Last edited:
They NEED control of everything, so no one can question anything. First question in my mind is where did all the Conway legacy go...and why? Why did they feel the need to erase Conway managers and supervisors and replace them with people who know nothing about this business?
One of the biggest bosses and part of the Conway legacy is still with us, Tom Clark

Once policy is set and agreed to in a contract, the union can't stop it. The point is that when a contract is negotiated, you do have some say in the process. I'm not sure which ones, but there are union barns today that cannot be disciplined with electronic surveillance because it's in their contract. You also have a grievance and arbitration process to protect you from "at will" employment.

When it comes to workplace surveillance we’re are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Some technology will improve things while others will push us further into the big brother is always watching era. It’s what we can do to make sure it’s not abused that matters now. I know a bunch of us got into trucking because it allowed us some work environment independene . The more that is taken away the more unattractive this profession will become.

So I’m going out on a limb and saying that you are condoning all speeding and aggressive driving? The reason for the policy is because some bad apples. I bet guys on linehaul have seen XPO drivers doing 70 mph in 55 and below zones, following to close at 70, and the big one, driving 70 in rain/snow. So how is the company to stop this behavior?

So I’m going out on a limb and saying that you are condoning all speeding and aggressive driving? The reason for the policy is because some bad apples. I bet guys on linehaul have seen XPO drivers doing 70 mph in 55 and below zones, following to close at 70, and the big one, driving 70 in rain/snow. So how is the company to stop this behavior?
I’m 100% against speeding. As a matter of fact I don’t think the trucks should be set to 70 . A 65 mph limit should give a good buffer in a 70 mph zone and assure speeding is kept to a minimum. It seems this policy came into effect with the trucks being turn up.
How did we ever get along before this technology ?
If the technology is going to be in place then we need some assurances that it won’t be abused . Nothing better than it spelled out in a contractual agreement as guidelines as to how disapline is applied. As it stands now the company can change a policy at any time they want . If you don’t believe it go to the policy and procedures and read the first page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.