XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have know it was a NO vote or there would have been lots of posts on here and every other union web site about it.
If what the Teamster are selling is so great why do they have problem getting driver to file for a vote and then get them to vote yes????
Because the company gives everybody at the terminal over a dollar an hour raise 2 days before the election like they did in xrn. Most guys only care about how much money they make

You should have know it was a NO vote or there would have been lots of posts on here and every other union web site about it.
If what the Teamster are selling is so great why do they have problem getting driver to file for a vote and then get them to vote yes????

Because drivers aren't paying attention.

Because the company and their union busters lie through their teeth and you believe them. Ask yourself why they are willing to spend millions of dollars to avoid the union. No company EVER spends a dime unless they intend to earn 2 dimes for their investment. Their investment in union busting means they won't have to offer us a decent health care plan. It means they retain their right to change ALL of our working conditions as they see fit and always to increase their profit at our expense. What do you think about the NEW line haul policy. Run sub service while your own employees sit home. It means they retain "at will" employment. They don't care about us. They will continue to lower the bar until we say enough is enough. Then, they'll give you a dollar raise and you'll THINK that they're listening. Try asking your TM why the company refuses to consider the Team Care health plan. If you don't see the value in that plan, you're just not paying attention. I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore whether or not you organize, but I can assure you that, ultimately, you will regret it.

XER had 20 cards signed. Organizers were lied to. The payoffs must have been huge.

I could use a few bucks. Any chance of me getting in on some of that ? ( sarcasm )

Seriously, I am of the opinion that people just feel like they aren't being heard. And screaming for attention isn't working. So they are using desperation tactics. And right now. Signing cards is working. It's drawing attention. We will see how much longer it gets the desired result.

I could use a few bucks. Any chance of me getting in on some of that ? ( sarcasm )

Seriously, I am of the opinion that people just feel like they aren't being heard. And screaming for attention isn't working. So they are using desperation tactics. And right now. Signing cards is working. It's drawing attention. We will see how much longer it gets the desired result.

I could use a few buck too...but I'm afraid it's too late for me. :lmao:I'm agree with you on this but if you're going to sign a card, you should have the intention of backing it up. If someone is opposed to unionization, then voice your opposition. I can respect that. But, if someone is signing a card just to get the company to pay attention, that's just wrong. You may disagree, but the "threat" of unionization is causing this company to hold back on the changes they really want to make. If the threat goes away, they will have free reign to do whatever they want.

I heard that ALL residential deliveries will be moved to last mile in the very near future. Can anyone confirm this?

I could use a few buck too...but I'm afraid it's too late for me. :lmao:I'm agree with you on this but if you're going to sign a card, you should have the intention of backing it up. If someone is opposed to unionization, then voice your opposition. I can respect that. But, if someone is signing a card just to get the company to pay attention, that's just wrong. You may disagree, but the "threat" of unionization is causing this company to hold back on the changes they really want to make. If the threat goes away, they will have free reign to do whatever they want.

I heard that ALL residential deliveries will be moved to last mile in the very near future. Can anyone confirm this?
There’s already a bunch of terminals that use last mile daily. I also heard that is expanding. Cheaper means of moving the freight from both line haul with sub service and city P&D with last mile owner operators.

There’s already a bunch of terminals that use last mile daily. I also heard that is expanding. Cheaper means of moving the freight from both line haul with sub service and city P&D with last mile owner operators.

These guys work for 12 bucks an hour. It may seem a good thing since no one ever wants a residential on their trailer, but it's now the second phase of Mr. Jacobs grand plan. First phase, greatly reduce the cost of line haul operations by using sub service carriers. No health insurance, no fuel, no maintenance, no breakdown costs etc. Second phase, take the labor from $28 per hour employees and give it to $12 per hour employees. Can't ****ing wait for phase three! Maybe Tony Brooks holds the clue.

Right now, it's only for certain deliveries that might lead to extra charges. We would love for them to take ALL the residentials. The " they are taking my work argument " is usually given by some 30 year guy that ain't been doing anything but bumping docks on appointments for the last 10 years. Get that ::shit:: off these big trucks. I don't need to be wrestling furniture and exercise equipment. Dealing with people not being home. Fighting around this junk while trying to do the rest of my P&D route and dispatch wanting me to hurry up.

These guys work for 12 bucks an hour. It may seem a good thing since no one ever wants a residential on their trailer, but it's now the second phase of Mr. Jacobs grand plan. First phase, greatly reduce the cost of line haul operations by using sub service carriers. No health insurance, no fuel, no maintenance, no breakdown costs etc. Second phase, take the labor from $28 per hour employees and give it to $12 per hour employees. Can't :censored: wait for phase three! Maybe Tony Brooks holds the clue.
Well , the owner/operator model ( where the owner shoulders most of the daily expenses - fuel , maintenance , equipment , licensing , etc..) this is XPO's comfort zone. Asset light. XPO doesn't want to own anything ( except profits ) They don't really want direct employees ( former Con-way Freight ) direct employees have an easier path to sue and unionize. Nope , asset light. That lets Bradley Jacobs and crew slither out of any an all obligations.

Well , the owner/operator model ( where the owner shoulders most of the daily expenses - fuel , maintenance , equipment , licensing , etc..) this is XPO's comfort zone. Asset light. XPO doesn't want to own anything ( except profits ) They don't really want direct employees ( former Con-way Freight ) direct employees have an easier path to sue and unionize. Nope , asset light. That lets Bradley Jacobs and crew slither out of any an all obligations.

I thought otherwise before, but now I am convinced that this is where they are going.

No truer words spoken

Because the company gives everybody at the terminal over a dollar an hour raise 2 days before the election like they did in xrn. Most guys only care about how much money they make
Funny when XRN got there raise I got one too. So did a bunch of other barns with your only being the one with a vote coming up.

Because the company and their union busters lie through their teeth and you believe them. Ask yourself why they are willing to spend millions of dollars to avoid the union. No company EVER spends a dime unless they intend to earn 2 dimes for their investment. Their investment in union busting means they won't have to offer us a decent health care plan. It means they retain their right to change ALL of our working conditions as they see fit and always to increase their profit at our expense. What do you think about the NEW line haul policy. Run sub service while your own employees sit home. It means they retain "at will" employment. They don't care about us. They will continue to lower the bar until we say enough is enough. Then, they'll give you a dollar raise and you'll THINK that they're listening. Try asking your TM why the company refuses to consider the Team Care health plan. If you don't see the value in that plan, you're just not paying attention. I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore whether or not you organize, but I can assure you that, ultimately, you will regret it.
Well I have been in 2 Teamster union in my career. Oh trust me I paid attention. I heard the lies the union officials told me. Were here to help you, find you work. I lost both of those job and both time I was told the same thing. Sorry there nothing we can do. I have left many jobs for many reasons like I moved, or better hours, pay, and home time. The Teamster jobs were the only ones were I was let go from and by no fault of my own. I left a very good paying job and went to a union driving job, because I was young and dumb, looking at it now. You say the company doesn't care about us well in my experience that how the union treated me. Looking at the Team Care plan one has to look at is what it cost to get it and I not talking money. I would have to join this org. that did nothing but take my money and screw me in the past.
The time this place should have joined the union was back in the 90's. Back when Jerry D was playing you all like fools. He made some big promises, work you to death, threatening to fire you if you didn't run. He knew what he had to say and do to keep the union out and you fool fell for it hook, line and sinker. So tell me hows the pension he promised working out. Now you are all bitching about OT well hell that's the ways it's been since CWX was started. For some reason you had no problem for year with it but now it's XPO it's a big problem.
BTW the only thing I regret was leaving that good paying driving job, because it still there, for a teamster job that not there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.