XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a bias
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/marketwatch/

Healthcare was going up at a record pace long before Obamacare.
As long as their is a high amount of uninsured and underinsured the trend will continue.
Healthcare was going up at a record pace and obama promised to take care of it. He based most of his presidency on the promise of those without insurance would be covered and the price for those with coverage would come down saving Americans over $2000 per year. Keep your doctor and your plan. He PROMISED. It is not bias when you point out the damn lies of a damn liar.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the money but I pay 100 dollars a week for family medical that's 5200. A year plus my deductibles I just was wishing for team care where it cost you 75. A month union dues and some deductibles that's all. Money isn't everything to everybody
Dues are 55 $ a month. Not 75$.

Healthcare was going up at a record pace and obama promised to take care of it. He based most of his presidency on the promise of those without insurance would be covered and the price for those with coverage would come down saving Americans over $2000 per year. Keep your doctor and your plan. He PROMISED. It is not bias when you point out the damn lies of a damn liar.
Dude....THAT'S EVERY POLITICIAN. Period.

Dude....THAT'S EVERY POLITICIAN. Period.
I know , right!!! President Trump has mentioned that he would offer a lower cost and better healthcare plan many times - I hope it happens.

I'm a conservative fiscally ( less taxes , less government , less spending ) it seems to get overlooked that most types of single payer healthcare proposals actually SAVE money compared to what we have now.

Hahahaha. That's 2 and a half times.
I don't work there anymore.
But that's what we paid. Apparently pay is much better up north.
But if Yrc vote passes the dues will go up!
(betcha they didn't think of that, )

What’s the republican plan for healthcare?

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/b...1TAv0-DKslAvZjB52M_TE4EKwWuq9beHJG3tIiDx562b0

So, here's something we should all be concerned about. This must have been in the works for a long time, because Mr. Jacobs has been preparing to match his rates and prevent him from getting a leg up in the market. Jacobs spent 3 billion on this company and I doubt he's willing to let Amazon swallow up market share. That may be why we are seeing sub service instead of line haul, last mile handling all residential deliveries. Why pay 28.00 per hour when you can get it done for 12.00. Hours cut and over time cut. Labor is the largest cost for any company and decimating labor costs will give him the ability to match Amazons rates, at least in the short term. Neither can operate at a loss forever, but if they hold out long enough, every LTL carrier will have to follow suit and transition into the Ceva model. For the record, this is just my humble opinion. But it is food for thought.

You are a fool to think XPO can do anything against the Wal-Marts and Amazons of the world. Remember, it was the intention to be bought up by one of these big companies. Jacobs is operating a roll up. If he can't sell it. We are in really bad shape.

There are only two end results for XPO. Sale or bankruptcy.

You are a fool to think XPO can do anything against the Wal-Marts and Amazons of the world. Remember, it was the intention to be bought up by one of these big companies. Jacobs is operating a roll up. If he can't sell it. We are in really bad shape.

There are only two end results for XPO. Sale or bankruptcy.

You may be right about that. I just can't imagine bankruptcy. What would that mean for him financially? How would he possibly recover from a loss like that?

You may be right about that. I just can't imagine bankruptcy. What would that mean for him financially? How would he possibly recover from a loss like that?

HE is protected. The company, XPO, is not. Jacobs owns a separate " corporation ". He is it's only employee. It holds around 20% of XPO's value after the buybacks are complete. His golden parachute is guaranteed regardless of what happens. He just makes even more if he is successful.

HE is protected. The company, XPO, is not. Jacobs owns a separate " corporation ". He is it's only employee. It holds around 20% of XPO's value after the buybacks are complete. His golden parachute is guaranteed regardless of what happens. He just makes even more if he is successful.

I guess we just change colors again!

I guess we just change colors again!

Those of us who stay remain hopefully optimistic. There is a lot of information out there to convince you otherwise. And we keep losing drivers. Heard another guy just short of 10 years quit today. This is becoming a very tough thing to sell.

Those of us who stay remain hopefully optimistic. There is a lot of information out there to convince you otherwise. And we keep losing drivers. Heard another guy just short of 10 years quit today. This is becoming a very tough thing to sell.

Should everything I have been advocating fails, the freight will still be there. We'll just be delivering it in a different truck. Christ, I hope it's not Amazon.

I know , right!!! President Trump has mentioned that he would offer a lower cost and better healthcare plan many times - I hope it happens.

I'm a conservative fiscally ( less taxes , less government , less spending ) it seems to get overlooked that most types of single payer healthcare proposals actually SAVE money compared to what we have now.

They save money because the middle man (insurance companies) are cut out. Americans spend 6 Billion every year for health care. Insurance companies get 25% of that for doing nothing. Medicare operates on a 3% administrative cost basis. 22% of 6 Billion is the initial savings, about 1.5 Billion. Allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices would save millions more. Every civilized country in the world has found a way to offer universal single payer health care. Not one has ever repealed it.

They save money because the middle man (insurance companies) are cut out. Americans spend 6 Billion every year for health care. Insurance companies get 25% of that for doing nothing. Medicare operates on a 3% administrative cost basis. 22% of 6 Billion is the initial savings, about 1.5 Billion. Allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices would save millions more. Every civilized country in the world has found a way to offer universal single payer health care. Not one has ever repealed it.
Ask Upnorth how that's working out for the Canadiens, they have to buy insurance for their insurance.

Ask Upnorth how that's working out for the Canadiens, they have to buy insurance for their insurance.

I have Canadian friends who love it. I believe that Up North stated that, although he felt it wasn't great, he also felt it wasn't too bad either. I let him respond. I have Medicare, like 44 million other Americans. That's 14% of us. Although I have to jump through some hoops to see a doctor, I am extremely happy with the end result. If Canadians are so unhappy with their health care, why haven't they repealed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.