XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU DONT GET IT!!! Do you realize your union has sold you up the creek? All the power they had and now they have to come to the table like begging puppies. You can't tell me you're that blind. I'm not even talking about the concessions or the MOU. The worst horse screwing you took was when they let ABF and UPS freight out of the NMFA. Now all of you go to the table separately. Have you thought this through? What's going to happen when ABF gets theirs and UPS gets theirs, do you actually think YRCW is going to cough it up. Yeah right. What are you gonna do? Strike? Do you remember all those people you called scabs? That will be your brothers at ABF and UPS picking up your freight. Because while you're out on strike they'll be under contract. How are they going to know that pick up was meant for you? They're not. That customer just gave it to them because YRCW is not working right now.

I've said this multiple times. Please go fix your house then come tell me what's wrong with mine. Until then why do I want to be a part of your busted UNION?
When did ABF leave the NMFA? When was UPS Freight in the NMFA? I believe UPS was in the CSPF and was allowed to buy their way out. This relates to XPO in that if those of us that may work here are to compare and make decisions on what we may or may not do then we should have some correct information to base our judgments off of.

When did ABF leave the NMFA? When was UPS Freight in the NMFA? I believe UPS was in the CSPF and was allowed to buy their way out. This relates to XPO in that if those of us that may work here are to compare and make decisions on what we may or may not do then we should have some correct information to base our judgments off of.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...yFQrKI88Fwu1Uphdw&sig2=AQ0OC8Z2AMy6TBfmbfmWPw

UPS freight was not in the NMFA, your right. My point is that they are all on separate contracts now. The IBT gave their leverage away. ABF and UPS are on solid ground financially YRC is shaky at best. Why would I trust the IBT to look out for our best interest when they left their members at YRC out on a ledge all alone

The company does business in a high cost of living right? Shouldn't it give it's worker's a descent wage? I'm sure the company isn't charging Illinois or Arkansas rates in California right? In my opion large corporations set the cost of living. Not small businesses.
And how can you move out of state when your bank account say's $400?
I can tell you i can leap a tall building in one jump. But can i or can't i do it? Just because it's easy to say doesn't mean it can be done.
P.s.
Corporations like the water company, electric garbage here in California raise their rate by 9% to 15 % every year or two. But wages sure don't go up that high right? Oh let's not forget to charge extra because were in a drought or because we have to much water.

SO what do you think is a descent wage? Wages and prices of goods and services are priced by these things. The cost to produce, demand, and govt. regs. with one of the big one being Govt regs. XPO and other carriers are now charging a California surge charge on all shipments go to or coming from California.
Your wage is set by how much they are willing to pay and what the market demand is in that job field. The more demand the higher they will be willing to pay.

Form the election to Jan 5 Obama has issued 145 "midnight" regs with a cost of more than $21 billion. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/5/obama-issuing-record-number-midnight-regulations/

We all over this country have felt some of the California regs like: closed shoulder tires for trucks/ low flow shower heads just to name a few.
Companies are leaving Calif. due to the number of high govt regs. The same thing is happening here on the east coast. Companies are leaving high cost of living areas just like they did in the 80 and 90 by leaving the high cost areas of the northeast and moving south.

Money made of freightliner could've been invested back in the company instead of creating another company too run after they destroyed the current one.

Last time I checked 401 was dependent on your contributions and what the company contributes and hope stock market doesn't crash so you can receive your projected amount.
at that time would you want to invest money in a stock, or company that has lots of problems. They started Conway to provide a service the union company could not and would not do.
Have times changed now the union are willing to work with company's just so they don't close the door. Can the teamster survive with a carrier the size of CF closing there doors.
Your pension dependents of the same thing, the stock market and the company paying in to it. With the news of union cutting pension and talk of running out of money doesn't make then sound as great as some talk about.

Last edited:
You got a lot to learn I never came here saying join union. I just fact checked the what they heard drivers over here. If you don't want it when vote comes your way circle no and if contract comes make sure you never use contract agreements either. I never said house was good over here but results of elections on local/regional levels shows change is coming. Didn't know you could see future in our contracts. Sounds to me like you hope we don't but doesn't surprise me, but just to let you know UPS has the worst contract in freight still white paper contract takes time for them to stand united. Once if someone comes to me asking bout union I give honest pros and cons.
I must have missed all the cons you've been pointing out. For the record, I sincerely hope you get the best deal you have ever had in your next contract but you don't necessarily have to be a prophet to see when somebody has tipped their hand. In all honesty I don't wish one bad thing on any driver whatever your persuasion. I do want people who are thinking about signing a card to do it with wide eyes. I have seen alot of bs on here on both sides, stuff completely fictional. The questions everybody needs to ask themselves are often missing. Like do I trust who is going to be negotiating for me? Do I trust my fellow employees to be engaged enough to see a good deal or a bad deal? Is this going to be fruitful in the long run? Can we actually win a contract?

Some can come on here with all the hype of a political campaign but after you take down all the "yes we can" propaganda and get down to brass tacks the question should be "can we really?" Or "should we really"

Alot of the things I've seen people wanting out of the union are just empty platitudes like "respect on the job", "dignity on the job", "better environment". These things are all relative to each individual. I guarantee you there are guys in union shops that feel disrespected, undignified and have a terrible environment. So if you take the campaign slogans away what do most people really want out of the union. Better pay, Job Security, Retirement, Better Health insurance, right. So the real question people should ask is, Can a handful of terminals really create enough leverage to get the company to cave on all these demands. If your real honest you know the answer is no. So after you ask yourself that you need to ask am I willing to be the martyr to hopefully start a bigger movement. And these questions are for the guys that have already come to the conclusion that having union representation is the way to go. For other guys not quite convinced about union or non do some research, specifically on the Teamsters, because it's not just philosophical, this is actually the group that would be representing you. Do you think they are competent negotiators? Have they outlived their purpose? Is the leadership corrupt? Have they let their members down? These are just a few but I digress.

So anyway, hope you get everything you want plus some more. I hope YRC is around another millennia or 2 and I hope your pension is fully funded eternally and I mean all that sincerely.

I must have missed all the cons you've been pointing out. For the record, I sincerely hope you get the best deal you have ever had in your next contract but you don't necessarily have to be a prophet to see when somebody has tipped their hand. In all honesty I don't wish one bad thing on any driver whatever your persuasion. I do want people who are thinking about signing a card to do it with wide eyes. I have seen alot of bs on here on both sides, stuff completely fictional. The questions everybody needs to ask themselves are often missing. Like do I trust who is going to be negotiating for me? Do I trust my fellow employees to be engaged enough to see a good deal or a bad deal? Is this going to be fruitful in the long run? Can we actually win a contract?

Some can come on here with all the hype of a political campaign but after you take down all the "yes we can" propaganda and get down to brass tacks the question should be "can we really?" Or "should we really"

Alot of the things I've seen people wanting out of the union are just empty platitudes like "respect on the job", "dignity on the job", "better environment". These things are all relative to each individual. I guarantee you there are guys in union shops that feel disrespected, undignified and have a terrible environment. So if you take the campaign slogans away what do most people really want out of the union. Better pay, Job Security, Retirement, Better Health insurance, right. So the real question people should ask is, Can a handful of terminals really create enough leverage to get the company to cave on all these demands. If your real honest you know the answer is no. So after you ask yourself that you need to ask am I willing to be the martyr to hopefully start a bigger movement. And these questions are for the guys that have already come to the conclusion that having union representation is the way to go. For other guys not quite convinced about union or non do some research, specifically on the Teamsters, because it's not just philosophical, this is actually the group that would be representing you. Do you think they are competent negotiators? Have they outlived their purpose? Is the leadership corrupt? Have they let their members down? These are just a few but I digress.

So anyway, hope you get everything you want plus some more. I hope YRC is around another millennia or 2 and I hope your pension is fully funded eternally and I mean all that sincerely.
The leverage is strong if those terminals stuck together it withstand everything the company throws at them which they will. It's gonna be hard for them no doubt about it and be better if they had more help from more drivers to help them when their pockets start feeling it. It will take the help of non XPO teamsters to help them out if they need so. If they withstand all things thrown their way leverage is way high but it will be long and slow

This is off the wall. Take the top 10 managers from the Teamsters & the company. Lock them in a windowless room. You supply everyone in the room a fully stocked restroom, hard metal chairs, no phones, 2 meals a day of cold cuts served in a paper bag, keep the heat @ 85 & the humidity @ 100%, NO cleaning services, and no ones leaves before a signed agreement is in hand. Anyone in the room trying escape will be detained, force fed a powerful laxative & returned to the room. Any other ideas for this meeting is appreciated. von.

SO what do you think is a descent wage? Wages and prices of goods and services are priced by these things. The cost to produce, demand, and govt. regs. with one of the big one being Govt regs. XPO and other carriers are now charging a California surge charge on all shipments go to or coming from California.
Your wage is set by how much they are willing to pay and what the market demand is in that job field. The more demand the higher they will be willing to pay.

Form the election to Jan 5 Obama has issued 145 "midnight" regs with a cost of more than $21 billion. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/5/obama-issuing-record-number-midnight-regulations/

We all over this country have felt some of the California regs like: closed shoulder tires for trucks/ low flow shower heads just to name a few.
Companies are leaving Calif. due to the number of high govt regs. The same thing is happening here on the east coast. Companies are leaving high cost of living areas just like they did in the 80 and 90 by leaving the high cost areas of the northeast and moving south.
Quick respond.
http://www.investopedia.com/article...much-money-do-you-need-live-san-francisco.asp

Quick reply
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cost-of-living.asp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...yFQrKI88Fwu1Uphdw&sig2=AQ0OC8Z2AMy6TBfmbfmWPw

UPS freight was not in the NMFA, your right. My point is that they are all on separate contracts now. The IBT gave their leverage away. ABF and UPS are on solid ground financially YRC is shaky at best. Why would I trust the IBT to look out for our best interest when they left their members at YRC out on a ledge all alone
True leverage is the strongest if all we're under one contract. The members still have last say if they keep voting no by overwhelming majority til freight negotiators get it right. If majority is slim then they know they can tweak a Lil here and there and give Hoffa power to force contract on them. Key words majority stick together.

Ok now i have time to answer your question.
In my opinion and this is just my Opinion.
I think Mechanic's in the shop i work at should make from 65 to 70 an hour.
Driver's at the location should make 18 an hour .
Everyone else Mechanic's 15 an hour.
Driver's should make 13 an hour.
That way we wont put to much of a strain on the company. Of course that's just me opinion.
But of course it doesn't matter because XPO has an advisory board to tell them how to compensate the worker's just like Con-way did. By the way ,if my memory serves me right, the lowest paid advisor was making 1.8 million. I think they need a raise too.

http://xpo.com/taxonomy/term/14

Ok now that i broke the ice.
I think Driver's should be paid high 20's to mid 30's
Mechanic's should be paid from low 30's to mayb 40..
Even if the company paid us mechanic's a reasonable wage ,we're not that many. It wouldn't hurt the company a bit. Since we're paying so much for benefits. It's not like they match penny for penny on our 401. We pay part for medical. And let's not forget PTO is use it or don't earn after you max out.

This is off the wall. Take the top 10 managers from the Teamsters & the company. Lock them in a windowless room. You supply everyone in the room a fully stocked restroom, hard metal chairs, no phones, 2 meals a day of cold cuts served in a paper bag, keep the heat @ 85 & the humidity @ 100%, NO cleaning services, and no ones leaves before a signed agreement is in hand. Anyone in the room trying escape will be detained, force fed a powerful laxative & returned to the room. Any other ideas for this meeting is appreciated. von.
If they get nachos with extra beans and jalapeno. I want in that action..

Ok now that i broke the ice.
I think Driver's should be paid high 20's to mid 30's
Mechanic's should be paid from low 30's to mayb 40..
Even if the company paid us mechanic's a reasonable wage ,we're not that many. It wouldn't hurt the company a bit. Since we're paying so much for benefits. It's not like they match penny for penny on our 401. We pay part for medical. And let's not forget PTO is use it or don't earn after you max out.
I don't think there is a Union on the face of this earth that can fix your problems.

I don't think there is a Union on the face of this earth that can fix your problems.
It's not really about having a union but actually the worker's sticking together and saying enough is enough.
But will just wait and see what happens with the wall and right to work.
I see higher profits for the corporations and lower standards for all the worker's.
""""""""Just my point of view."""""""

Well, In this past few weeks the company has had meeting's about how bad it would be if the workers decided to vote in the Union.
Also had a meeting about ethics core values and principles. To bad the company doesn't apply that to management.

Are the hostlers not drivers? I have never heard of a terminal where the hostlers weren't a bid for drivers.

In most Teamster companies hostlers hook/break sets and fuel trucks for drivers. They are not necessarily drivers themselves. It's a different job description. And so when making up a vote at Con-way or XPO ( what the hell we are ), the pre-vote negotiation would reveal the need for all drivers to vote and then list those drivers by job description or classification. Line haul, city, full time, part time, casual and so on and detail exactly who would and would not be eligible to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.