Yellow | Yellow crash

spaceace

TB Lurker
Credits
We had a pic from a paper with a yellow rearended another truck and burst into flames.the 77 year old yellow driver was pulled out by some passing motorist.come on now 77 years old.time to hang it up.

come on now 77 years old.time to hang it up.

Just one more year, your so selfish... :hysterical:
WhoRah_logo.jpg

We had a pic from a paper with a yellow rearended another truck and burst into flames.the 77 year old yellow driver was pulled out by some passing motorist.come on now 77 years old.time to hang it up.

If I live to be 77 years old, I will have been retired for at least 15 years. I don't want to be driving trucks in the middle of the night any longer than I have to. If I get bored in retirement, I will do volunteer work.

There is no law or rule that says you have to retire at a certain age. If he can pass all the tests he has as much right to work as anyone else.

rights

There is no law or rule that says you have to retire at a certain age. If he can pass all the tests he has as much right to work as anyone else.

So well said Gate! And I can burn American Flags! When his nap brings him accross the median and head on into your 16 year olds used Honda then raise your hands and say, He had every right!

Here we go with this BS again, huh?... So guys, what's the excuse when a 32 year old man driving the family to Florida on Friday night after he's worked all day nods off, drives across the median or off the side of the road crashes and kills his family and maybe some bystanders?... Or the teenager out at night attempting to drive after drinking and partying with his buds, loses control, causes a wreck and lives are lost?... Or a 50 something person that had to make a career change, just graduated from some two-bit truck driving "academy" and runs into a situation that calls for some experience that they are lacking and makes a fatal decision?...

I don't think the fact that the driver is 77 years old has much to do with this... I've known Mr. Duff for several years. He's a good man and is very conscientious of his job and his duties and he takes his job seriously. Of course, he's well experienced. He probably has more miles on him backing up than most of you have driving forward. What happened in Virginia could have happened to any of you... We encounter numerous potential disasters daily in this line of work. You know it and I damn sure know it... So who are you people to sit at your keyboards, make assumptions and cast stones?... All you seen was a few online articles from a bias media that specializes in sensationalism to maintain a certain viewer share so they can hawk some advertising space for top dollar...

The decision to continue driving at his age is his and the Doctor that certifies him as being in good health and fit to drive... I know drivers half his age that have to be certified yearly because of heart problems, hypertension, etc, etc... I know many more in that same age category that suffer from sleep disorders, respiratory and circulatory ailments, and other ailments caused from high stress and poor health choices... What do you say when one of them lands in a similar situation?
I dare say that Mr. Duff is probably in better physical shape than most of you reading this... Is that an assumption or fact? Hmmm...

Here we go with this BS again, huh?... So guys, what's the excuse when a 32 year old man driving the family to Florida on Friday night after he's worked all day nods off, drives across the median or off the side of the road crashes and kills his family and maybe some bystanders?... Or the teenager out at night attempting to drive after drinking and partying with his buds, loses control, causes a wreck and lives are lost?... Or a 50 something person that had to make a career change, just graduated from some two-bit truck driving "academy" and runs into a situation that calls for some experience that they are lacking and makes a fatal decision?...

I don't think the fact that the driver is 77 years old has much to do with this... I've known Mr. Duff for several years. He's a good man and is very conscientious of his job and his duties and he takes his job seriously. Of course, he's well experienced. He probably has more miles on him backing up than most of you have driving forward. What happened in Virginia could have happened to any of you... We encounter numerous potential disasters daily in this line of work. You know it and I damn sure know it... So who are you people to sit at your keyboards, make assumptions and cast stones?... All you seen was a few online articles from a bias media that specializes in sensationalism to maintain a certain viewer share so they can hawk some advertising space for top dollar...

The decision to continue driving at his age is his and the Doctor that certifies him as being in good health and fit to drive... I know drivers half his age that have to be certified yearly because of heart problems, hypertension, etc, etc... I know many more in that same age category that suffer from sleep disorders, respiratory and circulatory ailments, and other ailments caused from high stress and poor health choices... What do you say when one of them lands in a similar situation?
I dare say that Mr. Duff is probably in better physical shape than most of you reading this... Is that an assumption or fact? Hmmm...

great post :1036316054:

There are several drivers who suffer from a disease that's becoming more obvious every day that passes. It's called 'Seniority Envy' and it seems to send some guys into a deep depressive funk and the end result is that all they can focus on is how they, in a very twisted and selfish way, think they're being screwed because of their lack of seniority. They usually come out of the ME GENERATION and refuse to respect their elders and want to be number 1 right now and not have to earn it through time like everybody else has had to. It is said to be a very debilitating disease and can make one believe somehow that they're entitled to more than their seniority can provide for them and therefore they want rules changed for their benefit. They disrespect Seniority and want a Juniority system put in place as soon as possible. It has been reported that their jealousy and hatred is all they can focus on and that makes them very dangerous on the roads. Studies have shown that the origin of the disease is in Eastern Pennsylvania but it can be found almost everywhere these days. Scientists say that once these guys get a little seniority they'll do a complete turnaround and begin to act just like seniority was a good idea all along and that's why this brain disorder is so baffling to the scientific and medical communities. Doctors do not predict a solution to the problem anytime soon but will continue to study how such an irrational thought process can occur.

Sicknes in SLC

We have this going around here in SLC. As the junior people get into better bids they seem to quiet down and push their chest out a bit more. Screw everyone else I am going to do whats best for me and my pocket.
Glad to be leaving soooon.

There are several drivers who suffer from a disease that's becoming more obvious every day that passes. It's called 'Seniority Envy' and it seems to send some guys into a deep depressive funk and the end result is that all they can focus on is how they, in a very twisted and selfish way, think they're being screwed because of their lack of seniority. They usually come out of the ME GENERATION and refuse to respect their elders and want to be number 1 right now and not have to earn it through time like everybody else has had to. It is said to be a very debilitating disease and can make one believe somehow that they're entitled to more than their seniority can provide for them and therefore they want rules changed for their benefit. They disrespect Seniority and want a Juniority system put in place as soon as possible. It has been reported that their jealousy and hatred is all they can focus on and that makes them very dangerous on the roads. Studies have shown that the origin of the disease is in Eastern Pennsylvania but it can be found almost everywhere these days. Scientists say that once these guys get a little seniority they'll do a complete turnaround and begin to act just like seniority was a good idea all along and that's why this brain disorder is so baffling to the scientific and medical communities. Doctors do not predict a solution to the problem anytime soon but will continue to study how such an irrational thought process can occur.

"Seniority Envy", I agree. It is also combined with "ME!!ME!!ME!!ME!!"

Seniority over Solidarity

want a Juniority system put in place as soon as possible.

The definition for Juniority means The state or quality of being junior.

Therefore, whats wrong with wanting a little quality of life in the most basic forms? For example, senior men are pulling in 70 hrs a week and junior men (30 guys) are only getting 2 days. (That last up to 3-4 months out of a year) While our brothers/senior men come and go rubbing it in their faces...

Stan,
While I don't agree with rubbing anything in anybody's face I wonder what came first.....the rubbing it in or the making fun of older guys who have earned the right to work as they see fit. The state or quality of, or lack thereof, being junior in the Teamster LTL world is what each and every one of us have to endure and being patient in the process detracts from the spread of the nasty disease. Acceptance and patience are the keys to overcoming what must be a terrible way to live. I'd hate to be that angry at such a young age.....it's bad for one's health. While I agree that some, if not many, senior men work way too much and wait too long to retire it's up to them and should never be changed to pacify anxious junior men who can't wait their turn.

Also, I know I remember you preparing to leave for another job you referred to as a blessing in the tumultuous times at the LCP facility.......what happened?

Senority Envy

The problem IMO at my terminal is not so much senority envy, but the fact that this company is not growing. In this enviroment the only way to improve ones quality of life (getting off nights ) is the normal retirement rate which doesnt seem to be happening now. Instead old timers limping in to work their 12 hour days in 110 degree heat, most of these men have 30 plus years and could of retired already. Sometimes I just want to ask them how it feels to come in and work for minimum wage but at this point I figure they are too far gone to listen to reason, so I,ll just bite my tongue and wait until the're gone.

Stan,
While I don't agree with rubbing anything in anybody's face I wonder what came first.....the rubbing it in or the making fun of older guys who have earned the right to work as they see fit.

Its hard to say what happened when you have a group of people only getting 16 hrs of work for 4 months while you have another group getting 70 hrs a week without a care in the world for their brothers.

Also, I know I remember you preparing to leave for another job you referred to as a blessing in the tumultuous times at the LCP facility.......what happened?

Is this a rhetorical question...? Never-the-less, yes things are going extremely well at the blessing the good Lord has provided me with. At the same time, I like to keep up on the times at YRWC and was asked by several close friends that still work at Yellow to post certain information on here too. As a result, all of our other buddies laid off can still know whats all going down and are in the loop. We are brothers for life...
:shades:

Well God Bless you for posting for those who either don't have the time or can't afford a computer for lack of work. You are a true humanitarian. I really do wish you well at the new job....it was plain to see you were not going to allow yourself be happy at Yellow. Just a little friendly advice Bro....let go of the bitterness. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

Just a little friendly advice Bro....let go of the bitterness. You'll be glad you did in the long run.

Thank you for your kind words and I have been turning to the serenity prayer (Which is no where in the Bible) to keep me with a proper perspective on the things that matter most in this world. Frustration is the first step to anger, but I have given it all to the Lord and the quality of life is already paying dividends. I can honestly say that my cup is over flowing and I am truly blessed...:shades:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Serenity Prayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[*]YouTube - Switchfoot - Gone (with Lyrics)
[/LIST]