Yellow | Yellow crash

I am extremely honored that a man of your stature would actually pray for me... :shades:

You misunderstood. I did not say that I would pray for you, I said, I would look for a prayer for you. Then when you find yourself in a situation of anger because someone is senior to you. When you look at the person's age and have thoughts of, " why isn't that guy in a rest home". When you look at that senior person and do not even consider that he has put his time in and deserve's to reap his reward in life. Then you can pray to God for comfort.
The prayer I found was: Romans 15:7. "So accept each other just as Christ has accepted you; then God will be glorified". Since you stated that you would be honored that a man of my stature would actually pray for you. I will. But, I am extremely humbled that you would magnify me in such a way. I honestly do not deserve it. I am just another slob out their working to make an honest buck while having the Hope of something better then this life. Have a Godly day!!!!

You mean the 30 year plus drivers right? ME have senority. ME still have right to take another opportunity from a prospective new young teamster. ME pass physical, ME can still work. It does go both ways you know!:nutkick:

I just can't stop reading what it says under, "familyguy007". Those 5 words just stop me from commenting on this.:hysterical:

respect senority

I knew when I read that news article the age/senority arguement would rear it's ugly head again. I've been around a while, and started over several times on a senority board (hog board to you measters). And yes it did **** me off when a driver well past retirement age got a trip and I did not. I think those with the means and opportunity to retire and do not, are doing themselves and their families a grave injustice by not taking advantage of the benefit which they have earned. Having said that, while I do not agree with their decision, listen up;

I respect their right to do so by virtue of their senority!

As to the brother involved here, I have heard and seen some cold-hearted comments...would it make any of you feel better if he had been incapacitated or worse? Hell, you might have moved up one!! Run right up to that senority list with a barely concealed grin, magic marker in hand. We all know who you are.
I have planned for years to retire the very day I got my age and time in, but what the heck, it might be more fun to stick around a few extra years just to **** off the measters! :ranting:

You misunderstood. I did not say that I would pray for you, I said, I would look for a prayer for you. Then when you find yourself in a situation of anger because someone is senior to you. When you look at the person's age and have thoughts of, " why isn't that guy in a rest home". When you look at that senior person and do not even consider that he has put his time in and deserve's to reap his reward in life. Then you can pray to God for comfort.
The prayer I found was: Romans 15:7. "So accept each other just as Christ has accepted you; then God will be glorified". Since you stated that you would be honored that a man of my stature would actually pray for you. I will. But, I am extremely humbled that you would magnify me in such a way. I honestly do not deserve it. I am just another slob out their working to make an honest buck while having the Hope of something better then this life. Have a Godly day!!!!

Looks like you got me all figured out... :shrug: Never-the-less, thank you for your insight and prayer from Romans. Shalom

I knew when I read that news article the age/senority arguement would rear it's ugly head again. I've been around a while, and started over several times on a senority board (hog board to you measters). And yes it did **** me off when a driver well past retirement age got a trip and I did not. I think those with the means and opportunity to retire and do not, are doing themselves and their families a grave injustice by not taking advantage of the benefit which they have earned. Having said that, while I do not agree with their decision, listen up;

I respect their right to do so by virtue of their senority!

As to the brother involved here, I have heard and seen some cold-hearted comments...would it make any of you feel better if he had been incapacitated or worse? Hell, you might have moved up one!! Run right up to that senority list with a barely concealed grin, magic marker in hand. We all know who you are.
I have planned for years to retire the very day I got my age and time in, but what the heck, it might be more fun to stick around a few extra years just to **** off the measters! :ranting:
Hey did you hear number two had an accident!!!!!!???????...........IS HE DEAD!!!!!!!???????

to all

i dispatched brown mule for 16 yrs at yellow in cnc. he is 77 but a h--- of a driver & more important a man. he never missed a trip he come & went. i wud trust him with my life. i talked to him a day or 2 after accident & he was doing great & planning on going back to work. he is a great family man & i am better person for knowing him. tks

I see 77 year old men and women driving around my town all of the time. It's easy to recognize them, they have the big wrap around "old person glasses". Most of them are going too slow or not very good at keeping their vehicle in their own lane. Are we supposed to believe just because you have a cdl, that you are any better?

I know all situations are different, and I hear the insurance is too expensive excuse for many here, but their lack of planning isn't a very good excuse. I guess anyone could rear end someone, but the 77 year old thing does make you think.:smilie_132:

I know a 78 year old lady that could kick your butt.:hysterical: Just recently a Iwo Jima vet(had to be in his 80's) beat up a twenty year old mugger. Does anybody have any tissue's for these guys?????:nutkick:

Just seeing if your still alive, no pun intended....:hysterical:

yellow freight accident

My dad, Jim Rosenberry, pulled the driver (James Duff) from the truck. 10 seconds later, the truck blew up. My dad is 71.

First, let me say I don't know the particulars of the accident. However it seems to be an assumtion the Yellow driver was following to close. Could it not also be the other truck blew a tire and in his haste to get off the road pulled in front of the Yellow driver and hit his brakes? It was early in the morning and that scenario seems just as likely.

junior

Stan,
While I don't agree with rubbing anything in anybody's face I wonder what came first.....the rubbing it in or the making fun of older guys who have earned the right to work as they see fit. The state or quality of, or lack thereof, being junior in the Teamster LTL world is what each and every one of us have to endure and being patient in the process detracts from the spread of the nasty disease. Acceptance and patience are the keys to overcoming what must be a terrible way to live. I'd hate to be that angry at such a young age.....it's bad for one's health. While I agree that some, if not many, senior men work way too much and wait too long to retire it's up to them and should never be changed to pacify anxious junior men who can't wait their turn.

Also, I know I remember you preparing to leave for another job you referred to as a blessing in the tumultuous times at the LCP facility.......what happened?

The sad fact that Junior and his band of thieves didn't do what was needed to let the senior men retire with 25 and 30 and out in central states keeps the slackers on the board and screwing the new blood

junior

Perhaps his first year in the Union was age 48?? He may not have his time in yet.
We don't know and it's not our business to judge him or his decisions in life. He earned his seniority. In this line of work, its all you lay claim to.
Keep on Truckin Duffy!

what difference does it make loon thanks to Jimmy Junior we all have to work tell we are 78

me, me,me

You mean the 30 year plus drivers right? ME have senority. ME still have right to take another opportunity from a prospective new young teamster. ME pass physical, ME can still work. It does go both ways you know!:nutkick:

who is going to keep the money flowing into your pension fund when you finally give up the ghost and your wife wants her surviour benifit... That junior man you have screwed for so long, thats who

My dad, Jim Rosenberry, pulled the driver (James Duff) from the truck. 10 seconds later, the truck blew up. My dad is 71.
Just think about this, some of you "seniority envious' people out their. We have here a 71 year old that is able to rescue another driver. If he would'nt have been driving, that driver could be dead now. I hear that old sayin,"Don't judge a book by it's cover".
I am leaving on a jet plane for a remote island. I am going to spend a little of that "high dollar union earned" money and relax. See you all in a week and a half.:funky::biglaugh::1036316054::smilie_132: