Yellow | yellow/roadway changes comming

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamrock101

TB Lurker
Credits
It just came down from V P in marketing , all new england terminals will merge as of 10-1-08 . Once both yellow/roadway come on line together . To make room for both lists 50% of each barn acording to the size will keep there jobs, All others will be laid off and called back when needed . Tthis is the only way to make room. This goes for road and city drivers.

It just came down from V P in marketing , all new england terminals will merge as of 10-1-08 . Once both yellow/roadway come on line together . To make room for both lists 50% of each barn acording to the size will keep there jobs, All others will be laid off and called back when needed . Tthis is the only way to make room. This goes for road and city drivers.

WOW....What an empty statement.
I think your date is about right and Im sure at the moment that things are no doubt happening but you are talking about a rather large area with an enormous amount of freight. Many of the sister New England terminals can fill to capacity on any given week so there are many problems to be worked out here.
To state that 50% of all barnes will be layed off is an impossible task the way I see things! Are we to assume that these two great companies have lost 50% of thier freight????????? Your numbers just dont measure up to your statement. There is also some current events going on that will effect this industry very soon. Did you watch the presidents address last night and listen carefully?
Another big complication is the contract out in the windy!
Some very big issues out there that will effect most areas on the east coast if they are not settled ASAP.
I do agree that the company will be moving into this change but Im not so sure it will happen the way you have described. Sales and marketing...maybe...but operations is allot more complicated than that at the moment.
Just watch and smile though cause I think the changes will amaze us all. There is little room here for failure again so I believe you are going to see a few of the old ways that worked incorporated with some of the new ideas of moving freight. It is coming down and I do believe it will begin on the date you listed...I just feel they will ease into it at about half throttle and try to make the transition smooth with room and time for adjustments as they go.

Did some genius road driver pass this on to you or did the VP call you himself? Either way I'm calling bullsh*t. 50% my a$$ :hysterical:

Today is 9/25/08 and you say this will occur 10/1/08, I doubt that very much. Why dont we all relax and wait until we here facts about everything from our locals. All this speculation and rumors dont do anything except make people crazy. Chill out my brothers!!

There are only 6 days left until the first. I would think that the locals would have some information if this was true. Everybody take a deep breath!:smilie_132:

:smilie_132:The management part is already happening in 55 of our smaller terminals . We had a meeting with the Roadway and Yellow managers monday and were told that as of 10/01/08 only one manager will be running both terminals until we finally combine.

if that's the case just close down 1/2 the company and then there are no senority issues to deal with thus no headaches

i believe if they actually closed the doors then they would have to pay a severance package to all workers . that would be a huge hit [ i think its 1 week pay per year worked ] its easier for them just to squeeze every1 :nutkick:

:smilie_132:The management part is already happening in 55 of our smaller terminals . We had a meeting with the Roadway and Yellow managers monday and were told that as of 10/01/08 only one manager will be running both terminals until we finally combine.

Ok, I can see the management thing happening by Oct 1st, but not the joining of the seniority boards. I would think that the union would have had to have knowledge of this and passed this on to the stewards. This is just too short of a time frame for this! But stranger things have happened!!:smilie_132:

I heard that ALL terminals will be getting in box loads of "Depends" for you guys/gals to wear when you find out what is really going on. You may need them.

3 line drivers from CLT, 3 city drivers from ATL and 2 drivers from ORL verified this so I know it is true.

changes

Well, first of all they Can't get out of dovetailing. The language for this is in the contract. As far as a date for dramatic changes, all I can say is P+D drivers were told new YRWC pro stickers will start to be used Nov.1 ,Read into it what you may.

Not to get a debate going here Brother....but the list would be dovetailed and then the number of employees would be decided from that list....what if one terminal only had 20 employees who had only 10 years in top senority and the other had 15 years in the bottom of senority?
That ain't gonna happen....it all will come from a dovetailed list after which any (if needed) cuts would come from.....KK

remember the carolina abf merge carolina men endtailed and it took a couple of years to get right and dovetailed the hate that all this will bring is not good. I WORKED AT YELLOW terminal albany ny those guys already hate eachother to the point the police were there a least once a week for fighting. good luck to all,

I talked with one of the good BA's.And all the union knows is that all will be dovetailed!!As for anything more the company won't say a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.