Yellow | yellow/roadway changes comming

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember the carolina abf merge carolina men endtailed and it took a couple of years to get right and dovetailed the hate that all this will bring is not good. I WORKED AT YELLOW terminal albany ny those guys already hate eachother to the point the police were there a least once a week for fighting. good luck to all,

I think each local shoud get volunteers to organize parties or get togethers of somesort to introduce the Big R and Yellow members and families. Maybe on a united front we could strengthen our solidarity and fight this monolithic creation together when it comes to our rights and job protections. We must realize that all the combined freight is ours together and as we stand strong we can mantain agreements that make working conditions tolerable. We need to be Teamsters now more than every. Hopefully this merger will work and in a better economy bring our laid off brothers and sisters back to work. Those of us that will be here at the begining of this new enity have to set the ground work essential for mantaining our living standard.

dandyman

play in to there hands with fighting each other makes it easy to clean house good idea to get the brother and sister teamsters to gather first may save a job or tow work safe like they preach don't need any one hurt work unsafe use your heads out smart them we have good ba's and they always jump the gun on every thing after all when u say management your saying moron :1036316054:

if that's the case just close down 1/2 the company and then there are no senority issues to deal with thus no headaches

That's right, an example would be...
Close down Roadway for 1 day... rehire at Yellow, therefore no seniority dovetail...no vacation accrued...and starting at a reduced rate of pay.

Wow,,,,, that's real presumptious!!! this merge could take us into 2010 before it's all over. Alot of things will happen between now and then.

HEy Full Deck,
Sounds like your are a real teamster, wrong. It will be a pleasure to bump a guy like you on the "new seniority list". YOu are a disgrace, not a teamster brother.:nutkick::chairshot:

Close down Roadway for 1 day... rehire at Yellow, therefore no seniority dovetail...no vacation accrued...and starting at a reduced rate of pay.

Sounds just like a remark I would expect to hear from a spoiled little child!.....This ones for you:tongue0002:

Well, first of all they Can't get out of dovetailing. The language for this is in the contract. As far as a date for dramatic changes, all I can say is P+D drivers were told new YRWC pro stickers will start to be used Nov.1 ,Read into it what you may.

I am not sure about the pro stickers.
We were told the new pro numbers were for Roadway/Reimer.
Not sure if they ment the whole YRC.
They are supposed to take effect 11-1-08

Well, first of all they Can't get out of dovetailing. The language for this is in the contract. As far as a date for dramatic changes, all I can say is P+D drivers were told new YRWC pro stickers will start to be used Nov.1 ,Read into it what you may.
Yesterday roadway came into our terminal and gave us a box of pro numbers and we gave them a box to take back to theirs...philadelphia(bensalem):1036316054:

HEy Full Deck,
Sounds like your are a real teamster, wrong. It will be a pleasure to bump a guy like you on the "new seniority list". YOu are a disgrace, not a teamster brother.:nutkick::chairshot:

I am not sure Full Deck meant that he wanted that to happen.....I think he was playing devils advocate....look at what hollanddid to the redstar guys same thing FULL Deck said..In philly the office girls went on strike wanting a union and the guys wouldn't cross so redstar used that as an excuse to shut the doors.....was bull crap because they reopened and made all the guys get rehired under Holland it got worked out in the courts finally but by the time it did alot of guys had moved on or just retired....I have I have over 13 yrs and have been at the bottom before and may be at the bottm again our number 1 man was hired in 77 I am sure ther eare alot more men out there with more senority than myself...let the chips fall where they may...Yellow man who is for the dovetail.....because if the tables we're turned I would want my senority respected.....Listen I have been with Yellow long enough to know they they are many things however I don't think they will care who fills the space whether it be roadway or Yellow yellow looks at us as a number.:chairshot:..if you think for one minute that roadway or yellow or any comany gives two craps about us as a person then you are sadly mistaken...drive safe

Okay...

First YRC can't shut down one company for another or "get rid of" half the Union Teamsters. The NMF agreement says this. ( Don't ask me where, you look it up). And because of the WARN act... Cf got away with it, but don't think it'll happen again, not in this crappy ecomony we got going right now.

PRO numbers..... Only Roadway/Reimer are getting new pros. Not much about them will change. I think the reason for this , is so that everyone in the office computers can look up the PRO and give info on it. Currently , we can't do this right now, and it really makes service look bad. I can't look up a Yeloow pro, or a Holland pro, etc.... until it gets "rewritten" as a Roadway pro.

YRC is keeping ROADWAY'S Technology, but maybe Yellow's computer programing. My TM just said today that he will have to learn the Yellow "system", and do I still remember how to use it. My Ops guy says, what do you mean? TM had to take a phone call, so I said, "THE GREEN SCREEN,OKAY"......

Alot of changes are going to happen in the office..and not just limited to labor.....

What's that you say , Blue? Roadway technology, but Yellow Computer programing???? HOW"S THAT? Think of it this way... software and hardware.... Yellow software, and Roadway Hardware....... AH ! I see ! Said the blind man..... to his deaf daughter....Did this help explain, maybe?

Both Pros are to work in the system for two months, until end of year. Maybe terminals are trading pros to get rid of old supply used up first... Ya know, we haven't even been able to ask for paperclips around here lately. Gotta ask a sister/brother terminal first, if they got any extra paper clips to truck mail us.......

Not kidding.... is this ridiculous , or WHAT? This is what we been reduced too.... paper clips....

RUMBA/YELLOW migrates into HUMMINGBIRD/ROADWAY. Yellow's big breaks will keep DOCs and STATS. Same applies to RDWYS larger breaks - they are to keep using their green screens for moves. I'm told this way will save YRC 20mil. and change. Tracking freight thru TRL.SCH vs the 2.12 is easier - on the eyes. Modified 525's 640's, 680's etc. tarriffs areunified.

................good luck guys

RUMBA/YELLOW migrates into HUMMINGBIRD/ROADWAY. Yellow's big breaks will keep DOCs and STATS. Same applies to RDWYS larger breaks - they are to keep using their green screens for moves. I'm told this way will save YRC 20mil. and change. Tracking freight thru TRL.SCH vs the 2.12 is easier - on the eyes. Modified 525's 640's, 680's etc. tarriffs areunified.

................good luck guys

WHOA !!!!! That was just a bit too much techno talk for me to handle..but thanks for the info..... I get some of it..... Where the heck are you from anyway?????? And who are you, PEON ! ( Hey, I am a peon , too...on this forum....)

Your info is quite interesting to me.... I always did think Hummingbird was easier than Rumba...so why is my TM to learn the Yellow system???? Hmmm.... Weird....?????? Makes me think..what's up with that? TM walking around this afternoon like peacock, thinking he still got a job.... hmmmmm...

TRL.SCH is Roadway . Different program and red,white and blue, on a black screen....
2.12 is Yellow..on the green screen.....

All that other stuff... Modified 525 stuff,,must be Yellow tariff or something, cuz I don't recognize it.... I don't know.....

" WHO are you?"
"Hang 'em High " Clint Eastwood movie......... LOL !

Unfunded pension liability

Even if this doomsday scenario was convenient for some, wouldnt it trigger the Unfunded Pension Liability clause in the Pension Funds, costing millions of $$$$$$$$ ?

Okay...

First YRC can't shut down one company for another or "get rid of" half the Union Teamsters. The NMF agreement says this. ( Don't ask me where, you look it up).

Exactly!

The Holland question about whether or not they would dovetail into a Yellow Roadway Scenario is interesting however. I have to think YRCW would say that Yellow and Roadway are National, Holland and New Penn are Regional-- if they tried something with them. That Could be a decider in NOT dovetailing those two divisions.

Even if this doomsday scenario was convenient for some, wouldnt it trigger the Unfunded Pension Liability clause in the Pension Funds, costing millions of $$$$$$$$ ?

From everything I've heard and read, the Underfunded Teamster Pension Fund is in the group next in line to beg for Government Bailouts. Read the thread on here about where we stand financially; the fund is needing government takeover, paying each retiree a $1,000 max per month, regardless of their current status. Say a guy is already retired, collecting $3500 from the Teamsters each month on a set fixed income. Suddenly, he will be adjusted to $1,000 per month, like it or not. It's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.