ABF | Yes, Mam

TurnCoat

The IBT--Looking out for YOU...and...THEM!
Credits
Ms. McReynolds, I heard you loud and clear. Thanks for the best paying contract in the industry. Please don't throw us to the wolves. Ladies and Gentlemen take it from me, you want nothing to do with YRC! :nono_h4h:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ms. McReynolds, I heard you loud and clear. Thanks for the best paying contract in the industry. Please don't throw us to the wolves. Ladies and Gentlemen take it form me, you want nothing to do with YRC! :nono_h4h:

I dont know whats in the contract yet but I worked at YRC no thank you. Not going back.

Now would be a great time for Jimmy the Great to work a little OT himself and fly his fat ass out to AR for a little collusion and conspiracy on how to write a fast contract that benefits the members at ABF and the company and prevents a takeover by YRC. Successors and Assigns would be a good article to pay attention to. Wake up Hoffa and you could maybe even move yourself from a zero to a hero. If you do I promise to promote you for it.

Let me be the first to welcome turncoat and 12pac to YRC worldwide. God help you.
Why thank you sir, it is good to feel welcomed. I assume that you have more seniority than they do. Others may not be so welcoming.

Ms. McReynolds, I heard you loud and clear. Thanks for the best paying contract in the industry. Please don't throw us to the wolves. Ladies and Gentlemen take it form me, you want nothing to do with YRC! :nono_h4h:

ONCE A YES MAN ALWAYS A YES MAN. First of all we are not the best paid in the industry, UPS FREIGHT is better compensated.

I don't know what you are so afraid of? Oh ya your a yes man, so you are afraid of everything, that's why you had to leave yrcw and come to ABF. I know why and how you got a job with ABF. So now when he speaks you better listen and do exactly what he wants you to do. You been doing this since the start, so this is just icing on the cake for you. I really don't think yrc is going to get this done, but if by some miracle Welch can pull it off, then it is going to happen no matter if the contract is passed with or without concessions and the ones that may still be working will be working for a concessionary contract if you get your way.

I will wait to see what the contract is, but if there is concessions, then I will be voting NO

WTF am I persona non grata or what? I just know that YRC will thoroughly having our lively hard working crew giving them our best on a daily basis. Everything we can do to keep this goose who lays the golden egg alive.

Been there done that..... no thanks

ONCE A YES MAN ALWAYS A YES MAN. First of all we are not the best paid in the industry, UPS FREIGHT is better compensated.

I don't know what you are so afraid of? Oh ya your a yes man, so you are afraid of everything, that's why you had to leave yrcw and come to ABF. I know why and how you got a job with ABF. So now when he speaks you better listen and do exactly what he wants you to do. You been doing this since the start, so this is just icing on the cake for you. I really don't think yrc is going to get this done, but if by some miracle Welch can pull it off, then it is going to happen no matter if the contract is passed with or without concessions and the ones that may still be working will be working for a concessionary contract if you get your way.

I will wait to see what the contract is, but if there is concessions, then I will be voting NO

It's not noteworthy that if this proposed contract has a penny less an hour in pay you're a no vote. You're a lot of things and being consistent is one of them. Secondly we don't have the information yet to determine whether Ups Freight is better paid than we are. In making such a determination the entire package must be considered including wages, pension health and welfare. Rest assured I will seek you out when we have the information for such conclusions. Until then, remember Ups Freight subcontracts non-union and Abf does not. Secondly, Ups total profit exceeds Abf's revenue times 2

It's not noteworthy that if this proposed contract has a penny less an hour in pay you're a no vote. You're a lot of things and being consistent is one of them. Secondly we don't have the information yet to determine whether Ups Freight is better paid than we are. In making such a determination the entire package must be considered including wages, pension health and welfare. Rest assured I will seek you out when we have the information for such conclusions. Until then, remember Ups Freight subcontracts non-union and Abf does not. Secondly, Ups total profit exceeds Abf's revenue times 2

I think I said this
I will wait to see what the contract is, but if there is concessions, then I will be voting NO.

I can't speak for UPS Freights total compensation package, but I do know their pay scale it better then ours.

UPS Freight makes more per hour than we do. They are not guaranteed 8, they subcontract work that ABF cannot and we don't know what their Health&Welfare or pension costs are but I suspect that they are less than ours. UPS Freight workers make contributions towards their health insurance policies. UPS Freight is not making much money if any but they are out slashing rates to whatever they have to be to get the freight. The sweetheart deal the IBT gave them is one of our problems. And they have UPS Small Package to leech off of.

ONCE A YES MAN ALWAYS A YES MAN.

I don't know what you are so afraid of? Oh ya your a yes man, so you are afraid of everything, that's why you had to leave yrcw and come to ABF. I know why and how you got a job with ABF. So now when he speaks you better listen and do exactly what he wants you to do.
NO

Is it possible that he just decided he was tired of the crap YRC management was dishing out and decided it was best for he and his family to seek other employment rather than him being "a yes man" which is essentially the equivalent of calling him a yussp in these union pages?

Well, papa, You will be voting no then....you may want to go check out The Roundtable post on the ABFatwork site....the company has already boldy posted that...(the) "agreement that you will be presented with will be the best one that you receive. I encourage all of you to ratify this important agreement and help put ABF back on the road to profitability." If this thing is not ratified they will SELL! You will NOT get to vote on that....and YOU WILL go immediately to the YRCW pay scale....concessions by default, and if you have the seniority to hold a spot, you will bust your ASS or you will be RUN OFF! The Union has stock in YRC! They are all in bed together. I'm just going to assume your blind, not stupid. Now, have you ever heard the old saying, "Don't cut off your nose, to spite your face." That's where we find ourselves in this negotiations. Look, I want to keep what we have too, but, the billionaires bankrolling YRC are driving this train Brother. Of course, we all know there are no crooks on Wall Street. Personally, I would be out of the game, by seniority default, when a YRC/ABF merger took place. The bottom 2 guys here at YRC stay on lay-off, working 2-3 days a week, so only one ABF guy here would be able to hold a spot, I might get a recall in 5 years, there would be 3 retiring in that time period, and if they kept UPack going and could hold on to some of the accounts, I might get a recall at some point down the road, but I just don't think I could ever walk back in that place. Driving trucks is what I enjoy, but it's not all I know how to do. I'm not scared, that's just the facts. If I were layed off this morning, one phone call and I will be working in the morning, that's why I wasn't scared to leave the top spot at YRC and go to the bottom over here. Decent paying jobs have never been a problem for me to find, because I will WORK!

Is it possible that he just decided he was tired of the crap YRC management was dishing out and decided it was best for he and his family to seek other employment rather than him being "a yes man" which is essentially the equivalent of calling him a yussp in these union pages?

I do not begrudge anybody for trying to better them and their families, I have no problem with that. I have changed myself to better my families position. That is also the reason I am trying to do my part to help ABF teamsters not to just settle on the first thing that is presented. If it is a good contract I will have no problem voting for it, but if it is not then I will do my part to try to get a good contract..

Some have come here not knowing and saying that they will vote yes and not even see what they are giving up. Lets see what it is then decide. Everybody has to do what they think is right. We should be the one decides how much we want to lose or gain!!!!

I will put this tentative agreement for my first priority. Worry latter about what may or may not happen

Right now what is happening with YRC should not be a part of this contract decision, What is going to happen will happen with or without our approval.

Well, papa, You will be voting no then....you may want to go check out The Roundtable post on the ABFatwork site....the company has already boldy posted that...(the) "agreement that you will be presented with will be the best one that you receive. I encourage all of you to ratify this important agreement and help put ABF back on the road to profitability." If this thing is not ratified they will SELL! You will NOT get to vote on that....and YOU WILL go immediately to the YRCW pay scale....concessions by default, and if you have the seniority to hold a spot, you will bust your ASS or you will be RUN OFF! The Union has stock in YRC! They are all in bed together. I'm just going to assume your blind, not stupid. Now, have you ever heard the old saying, "Don't cut off your nose, to spite your face." That's where we find ourselves in this negotiations. Look, I want to keep what we have too, but, the billionaires bankrolling YRC are driving this train Brother. Of course, we all know there are no crooks on Wall Street. Personally, I would be out of the game, by seniority default, when a YRC/ABF merger took place. The bottom 2 guys here at YRC stay on lay-off, working 2-3 days a week, so only one ABF guy here would be able to hold a spot, I might get a recall in 5 years, there would be 3 retiring in that time period, and if they kept UPack going and could hold on to some of the accounts, I might get a recall at some point down the road, but I just don't think I could ever walk back in that place. Driving trucks is what I enjoy, but it's not all I know how to do. I'm not scared, that's just the facts. If I were layed off this morning, one phone call and I will be working in the morning, that's why I wasn't scared to leave the top spot at YRC and go to the bottom over here. Decent paying jobs have never been a problem for me to find, because I will WORK!

I already seen it, and I am not impressed. How do you know that this is the only offer, Don't you know how poker is played. You Bluff, the company has to say that. Sorry I don't believe that or you, Don't take it personal. I am doing what I believe in to.

How do you know we all be working for YRC do you have inside information, or are you just assuming again. If you have prove, then post a link so we can all make our own decisions. You have been pushing for concessions since the very beginning. so what you say don't really hold much weight with me. You are just trying to help the company with scare tactics for yes votes, and I pray it don't happen this way.

I don't want to work for YRC either, and I know I can find another job if it comes down to it, I just don't like to be threatened into doing something that I don't believe in. I respect that you will make the decision whats best for you, I also am doing what I believe in.

So you voted for concessions at yrc and then bailed out. And now you want to vote for concessions at ABF too. Gutless. Judy loves people like you. She has your balls right where she wants them.

Let me be the first to welcome turncoat and 12pac to YRC worldwide. God help you.
I was former Yellow for 25 yrs. Thanks Brother, but no thanks, I would join the ranks of the prestigious layed-off Teamsters should my fellow ABFer's vote this deal down. We shall see soon. Our BA told our steward he will meet with us June 2nd. The ballots will be counted before the end of June.

I was former Yellow for 25 yrs. Thanks Brother, but no thanks, I would join the ranks of the prestigious layed-off Teamsters should my fellow ABFer's vote this deal down. We shall see soon. Our BA told our steward he will meet with us June 2nd. The ballots will be counted before the end of June.

Seems to me then there should be a 3rd extension, Since the meetings are not going to be till June, and ballets won't be counted till the middle or late June.

yada yada yada...this will be the best agreement you get..yada yada...
they told us during the BEG BACK if we didn't give them what they wanted the doors would be closed by December...well December passed us by and look..they are still opened..
I call foul...they are pulling the same nonsense they pulled during the begback..they just stepped it up a notch...