FedEx Freight | YES VICTORY IS OURS (west)

Wheel Seal

TB Lurker
Credits
ALL THE CRAP WE HAVE TO DO EASTS WAY, AND THE ONLY THING WE COULD GET THEM TO DO IS WEAR SEATBELTS ON A FORKLIFT - I could just spit , I hate to be a punk but I'm going to - the East way is not the best just because the East did it that way :Rulz:

I work in the shop and ATT. all drivers get ready for every time you hook its going to look like a P trailer or some funky red gear with a spare tire on it but its going to be 2500 series trailer and 302 gear ,our inspection intervuls went so far out that by the time we see the unit it will be trashed and it will take 4 days of repair to be road worthy again and we dont have set check any more so we cant see it then , we are going to be all working on a " restoration " prog. so we wont be able to work on near as many units wwwwhhhhheeeewww I feel better , thanks for letting me cry and moan send me a bill ,huh new meaning for fedex-
F . fing E. east D. decides E. every X. expereance:cuss::ranting2:

ALL THE CRAP WE HAVE TO DO EASTS WAY, AND THE ONLY THING WE COULD GET THEM TO DO IS WEAR SEATBELTS ON A FORKLIFT - I could just spit , I hate to be a punk but I'm going to - the East way is not the best just because the East did it that way :Rulz:

I work in the shop and ATT. all drivers get ready for every time you hook its going to look like a P trailer or some funky red gear with a spare tire on it but its going to be 2500 series trailer and 302 gear ,our inspection intervuls went so far out that by the time we see the unit it will be trashed and it will take 4 days of repair to be road worthy again and we dont have set check any more so we cant see it then , we are going to be all working on a " restoration " prog. so we wont be able to work on near as many units wwwwhhhhheeeewww I feel better , thanks for letting me cry and moan send me a bill ,huh new meaning for fedex-

I like the new meaning for fedex :hysterical:

East Way????

Last time I checked no one named East owns this freight company. I don't know their name, but their initials are FedEx and I think, I might be wrong, but I think they make the rules.

Another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but FedEx formally known as American Freightways bought Viking Freight, Right?

Now if I were to go out and buy myself a company to merge with my current company, I would listen to what they might have in place, but the bottom line is their going to do what my current company, that I've had, is already doing. That's the same as me buying a car from you and you thinking you're going to tell me how to drive it after I have it.

Now this isn't how I think Viking Freight (the west) is looking at it, just the workers. You've been on here before today, and everyone has been telling the west people to get ready because the East way is the way they've modeled the company and there not going to change to what the west does.

Now to the second part of your rant. I have no idea what you're talking about. It just doesn't make any since, starting with the first sentence, did you read it back and understand it?

Ok, now I'm done.

Last time I checked no one named East owns this freight company. I don't know their name, but their initials are FedEx and I think, I might be wrong, but I think they make the rules.

Another thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but FedEx formally known as American Freightways bought Viking Freight, Right?

Now if I were to go out and buy myself a company to merge with my current company, I would listen to what they might have in place, but the bottom line is their going to do what my current company, that I've had, is already doing. That's the same as me buying a car from you and you thinking you're going to tell me how to drive it after I have it.

Now this isn't how I think Viking Freight (the west) is looking at it, just the workers. You've been on here before today, and everyone has been telling the west people to get ready because the East way is the way they've modeled the company and there not going to change to what the west does.

Now to the second part of your rant. I have no idea what you're talking about. It just doesn't make any since, starting with the first sentence, did you read it back and understand it?

Ok, now I'm done.
you are wrong frdex first bought viking then af it still dosn;t matter we are fedex like it or nt we all need to get used to it

AHHH!! No wonder they came up with that rule a week ago about wearing seatbelts while driving a forklift!
Although its been like a year since i last used a forklift one:clap:

why the hell should we wear seat belts on lifts? if thats how west does it then im happy i'm in the east division..i heard them talking about that rule change and its just retarted..bill counts will be cut in half.. and half the fat guys will probably be able to sue because the damn belt doesnt even go around them..

why the hell should we wear seat belts on lifts? If thats how west does it then im happy i'm in the east division..i heard them talking about that rule change and its just retarted..bill counts will be cut in half.. And half the fat guys will probably be able to sue because the damn belt doesnt even go around them..
:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

Can't we all just get along (west & east) *snicker*...we're all in the same position by Uncle Fred.....(bent over). So just grin and bear it.

BOHICA!

Can't we all just get along (west & east) *snicker*...we're all in the same position by Uncle Fred.....(bent over). So just grin and bear it.

BOHICA!

Punkasphuk :1036316054:

You can drive a Chevy or a Cadillac. Both will get you to your destination.

Viking Freight was the Cadillac business model.
American Freightways (ala Conway) is the Chevy business model.
Going forward we are all going to be in a Chevy.

:biglaugh:

Everybody who blames the other FORMER COMPANY are IDIOTS !!!!!!!!! WE are pawns in this large corporation.... NONE of us as far as I see,,, asked to be bought out by fedex.... We BOTH were doing just fine.... This is the way of the world,,,, Buy a prospering company.... Do I like it,,, NO..... But I ,,, like alot of you,,, have a family to support... Do I like seeing people sitting at home,,, getting laid off,,,, NO..... But the Big Wigs caused this,,, not us little working people.... Please let us working people get along,,,, and hopefully the Country we live in,,, which I , my DAD, and MANY OTHERS served,,, ALL AMERICANS,,,, will come out of this BULL again..... PLEASE quit blaming each other,,, when its a bigger,,, picture...................

It seems that many of you don't understand why we former Vikings are are so upset that FedEx Freight is essentially American Freightways all over again...here's the deal:

When the two were combined, all the various processes were reviewed and the "best practices" would be implemented going forward. Much of what we did was similar, some was very different.

Maybe it's because there were more employees on the East side so majority ruled but when it was all done HRO really called the shots. Most of the suggestions we made in my (former) department were never adopted...it seemed we ended up always doing it the "East way".

Viking was a very proud and very successful company but we were consistently overlooked. After a while we realized it wasn't worth getting upset about and stopped trying to contribute.

Remember the "25th anniversary ARFW truck"? That was a big deal that really made us feel like second-class citizens. No mention was made of VIKNs 40th anniversary (Founded in 1966).

I simply refuse to believe that everything ARFW/East did was better than VIKN/West.

OK...I'm done.

East or West who cares the company obviously will run with the most efficent way to do business and its East all the way ! From all the complaining I hear from west drivers it almost sounds like they are a union shop. Which of course means their way is nowhere close to as efficent. I have a question for the west. when we first started pulling each others trailers you're landing gear crank and air hook ups were on the passenger side what the heck? Talk about not productive. Just wondering. You wear the same uniform so dont get me wrong we all love you guys out there. Just being LTL makes a truck driver specail. Im out

East or West who cares the company obviously will run with the most efficent way to do business and its East all the way ! From all the complaining I hear from west drivers it almost sounds like they are a union shop. Which of course means their way is nowhere close to as efficent. I have a question for the west. when we first started pulling each others trailers you're landing gear crank and air hook ups were on the passenger side what the heck? Talk about not productive. Just wondering. You wear the same uniform so dont get me wrong we all love you guys out there. Just being LTL makes a truck driver specail. Im out

Punkasphuk :1036316054:

You can drive a Chevy or a Cadillac. Both will get you to your destination.

Viking Freight was the Cadillac business model.
American Freightways (ala Conway) is the Chevy business model.
Going forward we are all going to be in a Chevy.

:biglaugh:

Uhh ohhh! Sounds like River has some inside information. I think his cryptic post insinuates that Fed-Ex will be asking for a loan just like GM did. Relax, it's just a joke. TE out....

why the hell should we wear seat belts on lifts? if thats how west does it then im happy i'm in the east division..i heard them talking about that rule change and its just retarted..bill counts will be cut in half.. and half the fat guys will probably be able to sue because the damn belt doesnt even go around them..

Seat belts Ever hear of OSHA ?

i dont work for fed ex but you are right kevin653. our company posted notice saying osha requires seatbelts to be worn on forklifts.

It seems that many of you don't understand why we former Vikings are are so upset that FedEx Freight is essentially American Freightways all over again...here's the deal:

When the two were combined, all the various processes were reviewed and the "best practices" would be implemented going forward. Much of what we did was similar, some was very different.

Maybe it's because there were more employees on the East side so majority ruled but when it was all done HRO really called the shots. Most of the suggestions we made in my (former) department were never adopted...it seemed we ended up always doing it the "East way".

Viking was a very proud and very successful company but we were consistently overlooked. After a while we realized it wasn't worth getting upset about and stopped trying to contribute.

Remember the "25th anniversary ARFW truck"? That was a big deal that really made us feel like second-class citizens. No mention was made of VIKNs 40th anniversary (Founded in 1966).

I simply refuse to believe that everything ARFW/East did was better than VIKN/West.

OK...I'm done.

I hate to break the news to ya BUT... This company is no longer ANYTHING like American Freightways. REALLY it is not. So if you think everything is going the "American way", Sadly it is not. If you had any Idea what AF was really like you would likely be thrilled with the American way. What you're seeing is NOT the AF Way, I promise you.

I hate it for you Viking guys as well... I'm sure you miss Viking as much as we miss AF

I heard we going to adopt the West safety program... For what that's worth :rolleyes1: