Yellow | You guys have me scared.

ChescoLawman

TB Lurker
Credits
I start YRC in their CDL training class in about a month. Wanted to go LTL to start rather then some big ol' carrier like swift. Figured id make a couple more pennies here.. Do you think its worth it and then run if needed?
At least get some time on the boat before it sinks? I feel like its a better choice then some outfit that'll pay me 30 cents a mile to start and keep me out for 3-4 weeks.

A&S Kinard is not LTL but was/is my other option. They were bought out by the celadon group.

It's all rumors.
Been like this from the start.
Let yrc do your training. As long as you don't pay for it.
Just get your training. It'll come in handy somewhere.
Here or there.

Stop the rumors....... When the gate is locked. Then you know. It's all BS and speculation right now. No one knows.
Somebody delete this thread before it goes 10 pages long with rumors. :6781::smilie93c peelout:

As the fine gentlemen before me have already said, go get your free training.

A lot of people say the ship is sinking. Whether it is or not could very well be the debate of the ages, but it's not sunk yet, and even the pessimists out there will tell you that YRC is still better than Swift, Celadon, Schneider and Werner.

One thing to beware of in the freight industry...once you're in it you can't get out.

Sort of like Toyland in a way...

"Toyland"

Toyland, toyland
Little girl and boy land
While you dwell within it
You are ever happy there

Childhood's joy land
Mystic merry toyland
Once you pass its borders
You can ne'er return again

When you've grown up, my dears
And are as old as I
You'll laugh and ponder on the years
That roll so swiftly by, my dears
That roll so swiftly by

Childhood's joy land
Mystic merry toyland

Sort of like Toyland in a way...

"Toyland"

Toyland, toyland
Little girl and boy land
While you dwell within it
You are ever happy there

Childhood's joy land
Mystic merry toyland

When you've grown up, my dears
And are as old as I
You'll laugh and ponder on the years
That roll so swiftly by, my dears
That roll so swiftly by

Childhood's joy land
Mystic merry toyland
I think maybe you been across that Canuck border too many times???

I start YRC in their CDL training class in about a month. Wanted to go LTL to start rather then some big ol' carrier like swift. Figured id make a couple more pennies here.. Do you think its worth it and then run if needed?
At least get some time on the boat before it sinks? I feel like its a better choice then some outfit that'll pay me 30 cents a mile to start and keep me out for 3-4 weeks.

A&S Kinard is not LTL but was/is my other option. They were bought out by the celadon group.
Get that training and money while it's still here!

GPcO3Ay.jpg

SS YRC Freight! She's still afloat almost 8 years later!
:19:

Take the training, o matter where

Take the training, o matter where
No matter where you go in this industry, you will always be surrounded by rumors,that's just the way the lol business is,as for yrc,read the financial reports, they had one of there better years, contrary to what you read hear in romper room,you can still make a good living,just be willing to be involved as a teamster,get involved,get educated in the issues,and be part of change for the better, best of luck to you

Al

make your own way in this business, 25 years for myself and am disgusted at what has transpired over time,but I still go to work,and let me tell you this,for as bad as it seems,it's still better than most,and contrary to what you read or hear,this place isn't going anywhere, it's a cash cow for to many people, just remember to vote when it's time

You can talk to 10 drivers and get 10 different opinions.Ive been hearing of YRC,s demise for several years,yet they seem to keep on chugging along.
That's true. They have been going out of business certainly for the past 8 years.  That's what everyone thought and thinks. Chug Chug. :17142: