XPO | You think sanity is returning to Ann Arbor? maybe not..

If you drove with the camera daily, then you would know that they are 'event' recorders. If there were no deer, then there was no video..The guy even said the camera didn't go off. It takes a lot for the camera to go off. Some will disagree about it 'taking a lot for the camera to go off', but that is my experience with them. And it's been over a year now.

And I quote... "He was told to stop telling the story as the CAMERA showed there was no deer". I ask then how was the camera accessed to show no deer if it wasn't triggered in an 'event'?? What am I missing here? I too am glad the driver didn't lose a 25 year career but something isn't washing in this story. Not sure where either.

And I quote... "He was told to stop telling the story as the CAMERA showed there was no deer". I ask then how was the camera accessed to show no deer if it wasn't triggered in an 'event'?? What am I missing here? I too am glad the driver didn't lose a 25 year career but something isn't washing in this story. Not sure where either.

Yes, we have already come to that conclusion.

We have ? So they can look up every thing any time I'm still not putting my pants on. Maybe tonight though its gonna be cold down here.

not arguing with you, but based on the post, nothing was said about accessing video when the camera didn't go off. I'm the last person that will defend the cameras , but nothing in the post said that. It's possible that common sense showed up , and someone went to bat for him.
Ok camera DID NOT GO OFF, BUT SAFETY AND TM TOLD HIM TO STOP TELLING THAT STORY BECAUSE THE CAMERA SHOWED NO HEARD OF DEER. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OR DO I NEED TO BREAK IT DOWN EVEN MORE. what part of they can access the cameras any time they want. The video from a few weeks back showed the driver hitting a deer the camera but the camera did not go off. Driver did not break hard and yet we are showed the video.

Ok camera DID NOT GO OFF, BUT SAFETY AND TM TOLD HIM TO STOP TELLING THAT STORY BECAUSE THE CAMERA SHOWED NO HEARD OF DEER. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OR DO I NEED TO BREAK IT DOWN EVEN MORE. what part of they can access the cameras any time they want. The video from a few weeks back showed the driver hitting a deer the camera but the camera did not go off. Driver did not break hard and yet we are showed the video.
i got it. Maybe your not understanding. Maybe people went to bat for him because there was no video to support his claim of deer, and because he was a 25 year vet, they decided he was worth keeping. Or maybe he was terminated as per policy, and appealed it, which is done by the president himself, and he won his appeal and got his job back. There's no need to be an *******, I understood you the first time. Ease off the tinfoil.

Look here3 it is in a nut shell take it for what it's worth. If you believe that the cameras only record when it goes off and that con-way has no other way to access them then great continue to believe that. But Me I know I have talked to the driver in question my self and a driver out of our barn that hit a deer, no camera capture bot yet I watched it on the computer with a coach, no hard breaking no nothing but yet video was sent to service center.
That is the last thing I am going to say about the subject.

I can understand that. Fully. No need to scream and shout.

Now can you understand that if that were true, the footage would have been used at his disciplinary hearing?

So we have three distinct possibilities.

1. It was captured by the camera, both the driver and the company lied (by telling us the camera doesn't constantly record), and the driver kept his job due to the charity in the managers heart.

2. The manager and safety both lied, the camera didn't capture anything, and the driver kept his job because there was no evidence that he lied.

3. Either the driver or you are lying, and nothing of the sort was ever said.

Coppish?

Look here3 it is in a nut shell take it for what it's worth. If you believe that the cameras only record when it goes off and that con-way has no other way to access them then great continue to believe that. But Me I know I have talked to the driver in question my self and a driver out of our barn that hit a deer, no camera capture bot yet I watched it on the computer with a coach, no hard breaking no nothing but yet video was sent to service center. That is the last thing I am going to say about the subject.
got it. It's possible that the company lied to us about the recording capabilities... Wouldn't put it past them. You say you spoke to the driver, I have no reason to believe your lying, could you ask him if he was terminated and appealed it, or if he saw the footage during his hearing?

What is interesting here is they liked him and he got his job back. That's a good thing.

What if the TM did not like him because three years before, the driver went over his head and called Ann Arbor on him?

Or the driver left the TM's daughter high and dry, and hurt her feelings?

Or the driver asked too many difficult questions at communication meetings and was not a good Conway working unit?

Or the driver insulted the TM's religion?

Job security is arbitrary. All of us have seen people fired for actions that others get away with. I know that with my current union activities, I would be fired in a heartbeat......lol, might be the best thing for me.