XPO | you took my incentive away

get ready for management to throw you a "bone"monday ... they know drivers are unhappy they'll throw some water on this fire, monday or tues. it will be something small,
ex.something with tractor policy ,along these lines.... try to you make you feel better.
give you that fuzzy feeling ..just enough to make you think it's not so bad.

The whole situation is hard to imagine, they've opened a door I never would have dreamed they would. Morale is a huge problem. Without someone who is the "Heart of it all', someone who is trusted, it's going to be a tough road. Attitude comes from the top down, no matter how bad you may want to do it from the bottom up it doesn't work.

i have no incentive you took it all away so dont expect to much out of me:Zzzz:

Along with 5% of pay, ICP, Vacation, Pride, Dignity,and if your on a flex board your seniority,all that is left is some insurance and thats comming right around the corner, but hey who needs any voice or rights in the work place, NOT US!

The whole situation is hard to imagine, they've opened a door I never would have dreamed they would. Morale is a huge problem. Without someone who is the "Heart of it all', someone who is trusted, it's going to be a tough road. Attitude comes from the top down, no matter how bad you may want to do it from the bottom up it doesn't work.
Yup, ISWM starts at the top.

i have no incentive you took it all away so dont expect to much out of me:Zzzz:

I am not going to condone (It doesn't matter if I do or do not) this but it easy to understand. With what our leadership has done, you would think they would factor in the affects of poor morale because employees, through a long series of takebacks, feel wronged and lied to. How can our leadership expect people to not react?

People just throw up their hands and say "Why bother". This is not about what is right or wrong. It's about how our workforce is reacting.

But, you know, they will come back and dangle a tiny giveback (vacations???) and all will be OK. Golly, who coulda thought of that tactic beforehand?

I am not going to condone (It doesn't matter if I do or do not) this but it easy to understand. With what our leadership has done, you would think they would factor in the affects of poor morale because employees, through a long series of takebacks, feel wronged and lied to. How can our leadership expect people to not react?

People just throw up their hands and say "Why bother". This is not about what is right or wrong. It's about how our workforce is reacting.

But, you know, they will come back and dangle a tiny giveback (vacations???) and all will be OK. Golly, who coulda thought of that tactic beforehand?

No, I agree completely that it is understandable to feel that way...But I think we can all agree that if we took this attitude, we might as well just put the pistol to our heads, no..??
I am not ready to do that, nor will I sit idly by while others try to do it..

i worked for ccx before i could see what kind of company it was right away you guys are feeling just like the cf fellas you put out of work long ago its time you seeked some representation before anything else can be taken away you pretty much cant help but get back some of the things youve lost its really to bad for all the hard workers at conway they have a good reputation of moving freight but the company management needs to be aware you can only push someone for so long before they push back

representation?

i worked for ccx before i could see what kind of company it was right away you guys are feeling just like the cf fellas you put out of work long ago its time you seeked some representation before anything else can be taken away you pretty much cant help but get back some of the things youve lost its really to bad for all the hard workers at conway they have a good reputation of moving freight but the company management needs to be aware you can only push someone for so long before they push back
whats that suppose to mean? oh yea thats gonna help!! how about our messiah? hes gonna fix thing you just watch:duh:he will print more money and it will be over flowing out of our pockets.:biglaugh:

huh? :duh: .....

He's trying to make friends with that comment about you and me putting CF out of business.

First post - rookie mistake.

And give him the phone number for a local rehab.

I can and will accept the 5% wage cut.The 401k was a hard pill to swallow but given the circumstances I understand. BUT the vacation crisis is hitting below the belt. They are taking something away from us that will effect NEXT YEAR not this year.My incentive for the remainder of the year is to work as slow as possible and take as many CC days as I can afford.

Furthermore,I, we, present and past employees of Con-Way did not put CF out of business. Their upper management did due to poor investments and too many people on payroll. And yes I know who runs Con-Way.The same who ran CF. I wonder where this is going to go?:popcorn:

I can and will accept the 5% wage cut.The 401k was a hard pill to swallow but given the circumstances I understand. BUT the vacation crisis is hitting below the belt. They are taking something away from us that will effect NEXT YEAR not this year.My incentive for the remainder of the year is to work as slow as possible and take as many CC days as I can afford.

Actually, with the reception of each 401K quarterly statement, I am starting to believe that maybe they did me a favor, which is why I chose to suspend MY contributions for the next 6-9 months...I want to see if this market is going to bottom out so that everything I throw in there, and they throw in there, just isn't crapped out the other end..I was getting real tired of that rerun every 3 months..
You will most likely see some adjustments coming on the vacation policy in the next 10 days or so..

See those keys on your keyboard? The ones with the funny little symbols on them.......like ? and , and . Those keys?

Those are for punctuation. Punctuation allows a reader to follow the thought flow of the writer. Without punctuation, any piece of writing becomes gibberish. It makes it almost impossible to not only follow the author's line of reasoning, but also develop any sympathy for his/her position.

See those keys on your keyboard? The ones with the funny little symbols on them.......like ? and , and . Those keys?

Those are for punctuation. Punctuation allows a reader to follow the thought flow of the writer. Without punctuation, any piece of writing becomes gibberish. It makes it almost impossible to not only follow the author's line of reasoning, but also develop any sympathy for his/her position.

Well, I was gonna ask what Frate was, but since you already got here ahead of me..