XPO | "your Welcome Yrc." Signed, Joe Taxpayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This full year for 2019 compensation: Wage $52,112.60. Paid time off benefits Holiday $2,017.10 sick. $1,002.95. Vacation $2,491.08. Health & welfare benefits. Health & welfare $22,664.46. . Pension. $21,029.09 Total hwp benefits. $43,693.55 Total compensation. $101,317.28 I’m a city driver that works very little overtime, I leave it for the junior guys....This statement was sent to me from ABF....

I'm so glad you know everything
You may not know this but there was a time where we lead the compensation of all Ltl’s and even had some parity with UPS package. That’s why Con-way had such a big loyalty among its employees. When Con-way put Cf down management thought the unions were behind them and decided at that point the threat was over and started taking in a big way . The rest is history and how we got to where we are today.

Last edited:
This full year for 2019 compensation: Wage $52,112.60. Paid time off benefits Holiday $2,017.10 sick. $1,002.95. Vacation $2,491.08. Health & welfare benefits. Health & welfare $22,664.46. . Pension. $21,029.09 Total hwp benefits. $43,693.55 Total compensation. $101,317.28 I’m a city driver that works very little overtime, I leave it for the junior guys....This statement was sent to me from ABF....
The key is pension, that's a good chunk going towards pension. I sure we all would take less on the hour to have a good pension.

The key is pension, that's a good chunk going towards pension. I sure we all would take less on the hour to have a good pension.
Nope I wouldn't, I'd prefer a 401k, I don't like being given a allowance every month. I'd rather have a big pot and take how ever much I want every month. You'd think if every one wanted a pension they would stand up and join a union and fight for it but I don't see that happening

Well this thread sure went sideways with people comparing paychecks and benefits. Personally, I don't care how much anyone else makes as long as I'm earning what I believe is fair. Anyway, are any of you other XPO guys pissed about the YRC bailout? They certainly did nothing to deserve it, IMO. And what about all the idle capacity mentioned in the article. That translates to guys being furloughed and laid off. If YRC went bye bye it would eat up the extra capacity and bring the freight market back into balance. We'd be able to justify rate hikes, drivers would be getting more hours/miles. And whose to say all the YRC drivers would remain unemployed, some of them could find work with their former competitors as I don't think the other LTL's would be able to completely carry the excess load without hiring some new blood.

Well this thread sure went sideways with people comparing paychecks and benefits. Personally, I don't care how much anyone else makes as long as I'm earning what I believe is fair. Anyway, are any of you other XPO guys pissed about the YRC bailout? They certainly did nothing to deserve it, IMO. And what about all the idle capacity mentioned in the article. That translates to guys being furloughed and laid off. If YRC went bye bye it would eat up the extra capacity and bring the freight market back into balance. We'd be able to justify rate hikes, drivers would be getting more hours/miles. And whose to say all the YRC drivers would remain unemployed, some of them could find work with their former competitors as I don't think the other LTL's would be able to completely carry the excess load without hiring some new blood.
Not even pissed a little . Why don’t they deserve help from a plan that was devised for helping companies hit by the Economic downturn caused by Covid 19 ?

Another example of our federal government interfering with a market in the private sector. Too big to fail? Apparently so. Here is a quote from the article.
"The best time to let YRC fail may have been during the pandemic as other consistently profitable LTL carriers were forced to jettison network capacity and workers to lower their costs as volumes sagged. The COVID-19 shutdown likely offered a rare opportunity for the industry to absorb nearly $5 billion of freight as most carrier networks had idle capacity and could likely bring it on with minimal supply chain disruption."
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/t...spid=lvZ18uReAAeNWj9ZJOzEo.otGeDNDHOCpT0spNuA
I We thank you every week.When you pay your federal taxes.Just remember the more you make ,The more we take.YRC employees wish to thank all the federal tax payers for bailing us out.:6799:

Status
Not open for further replies.