Yellow | YRC and UPS

Hey Joe :duh: how about showing us where you got your info on UPS owning YRC stock and how they shorted it if they did...:hyper: I am sure you want to share your vast amount of knowledge with everyone here....
If someone wants to buy some stock. I would recommend BIDU Stock. IMO, it will be the next Google.

Hey Joe :duh: how about showing us where you got your info on UPS owning YRC stock and how they shorted it if they did...:hyper: I am sure you want to share your vast amount of knowledge with everyone here....

this is inside information :duh: but I will share it
last December when the debt swap looked like it wasn't gonna happen and it looked like YRC was going to have to liquidate..Hoffa, the lawyer that he is learned that credit default swaps on YRC was the reason some bond holders were holding out. They had more to gain if YRC went down. UPS was mentioned as a major investor in an article. Goldman Sachs was behind it all

It didn't say they were selling short but one doesn't need vast knowledge to conclude otherwise like you don't think they were backing YRC to make sure they would survive

do you?​

last I checked there were over 2 million YRC shares shorted recently..I just checked that same financial but that info is not listed now

Now thats funny..yrc drivers most professional in the industry......that was good...the guys i see on daily basis wear t- shirts...ups is the mecca sista...theres an image there..why would ups ever do something so dumb?

Now thats funny..yrc drivers most professional in the industry......that was good...the guys i see on daily basis wear t- shirts...ups is the mecca sista...theres an image there..why would ups ever do something so dumb?
So does the uniform make you a professional ?
Just like putting lipstick on a pig my son.

do you guys realize how many trucks, terminals and employees 6 thousand million dollars(6 billion dollars) would buy?

do you guys realize how many trucks, terminals and employees 6 thousand million dollars(6 billion dollars) would buy?

Or spend just the 6 Thousand dollars and buy off pos hoffa.

YRC has the most professional drivers in the LTL industry, the average age for an employee at YRC is 50 years old, with at least 20 years under their belt of experience. Most are clean cut and would fit in good with Ups.

Any thoughts?????

Im sure their are a few CEO,s and management type people would look at a 50 yr old average workforce as a negative.They cant deny the experience but im sure that wouldn't be the only factor considered..

no such thing as UPS being dumb..they had rather large positions in YRC stock can't really call it an investment..had-but no longer listed as a YRCW share holder. They could be invested in a company or a bank that has a large position in YRC stock betting the stock goes down and hopefully takes YRC down with it. They had to make millions already on the yo yo stock. Eventually they want to bury YRC not buy it. Fred Smith is the undertaker

a list of investors or beware short sellers
Top 10 Institutional Holdings by Shares Held
Name Reporting Date Total Holdings Sorted in descending order. Position Value Outstanding
Shares Owned
VANGUARD GROUP, INC. (THE) 06/30/10 1.5M $7.0M 3.18%
LITESPEED MANAGEMENT LLC 06/30/10 1.4M $6.5M 2.96%
PRIVATE MANAGEMENT GROUP, INC. 06/30/10 1.1M $4.9M 2.23%
Credit Suisse/ 06/30/10 882.6K $4.1M 1.86%
APPALOOSA MANAGEMENT L.P. 06/30/10 824.5K $3.8M 1.74%
RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES, LLC 06/30/10 701.6K $3.2M 1.48%
PRESCOTT GROUP CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.L.C. 06/30/10 662.4K $3.1M 1.40%
Technical Financial Services LLC 06/30/10 491.7K $2.3M 1.04%
DEUTSCHE BANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT 06/30/10 463.9K $2.1M 0.98%
BARCLAYS PLC 06/30/10 438.8K $2.0M 0.93%
Mutual Fund Ownership Details

Institutional Mutual Fund & Mutual Fund (No 13F Form) Ownership: 5%
Current
Quarter Previous
Quarter
Mutual Fund Share Purchases 1.5M 776.7K
Mutual Fund Shares Sold 405.0K 33.3K
Net Mutual Fund Shares Purchased 1.1M 743.3K
Change in Ownership 49.37% 140.46%
Top 10 Mutual Fund Holdings by Shares Held
Name Reporting Date Total Holdings Sorted in descending order. Position Value Outstanding
Shares Owned
VANGUARD SMALL-CAP INDEX FUND (i) 06/30/10 566.7K $2.6M 1.20%
VANGUARD SMALL-CAP GROWTH INDEX FUND (i) 06/30/10 341.1K $1.6M 0.72%
TFS CAPITAL INVESTMENT TR-TFS MARKET NEUTRAL FUND 07/31/10 302.9K $1.4M 0.64%
VANGUARD TOTAL STOCK MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 06/30/10 286.1K $1.3M 0.60%
VANGUARD EXTENDED MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 06/30/10 267.1K $1.2M 0.56%
Wells Fargo Advantage Small Cap Value Fd (i) 08/31/10 152.8K $706.1K 0.32%
FIDELITY SELECT PORTFOLIOS - TRANSPORTATION (i) 08/31/10 95.0K $438.9K 0.20%
SPARTAN TOTAL MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 08/31/10 83.8K $387.2K 0.18%
SPARTAN EXTENDED MARKET INDEX FUND (i) 08/31/10 69.0K $318.6K 0.15%
Valic Company I-Small Cap Index Fd (i)

I could be wrong, however, if anyone were to buy YRCW, would that company also pickup all the debt that is owed by YRCW ?? Any and all outstanding debt . If this is the case then , no other company would even look in the general direction of YRCW. All other companies would rather watch for the demise of the company and go after the freight ? Why take on a boat load of debt when you only want the freight.

I could be wrong, however, if anyone were to buy YRCW, would that company also pickup all the debt that is owed by YRCW ?? Any and all outstanding debt . If this is the case then , no other company would even look in the general direction of YRCW. All other companies would rather watch for the demise of the company and go after the freight ? Why take on a boat load of debt when you only want the freight.

well, maybe buy a couple terminals..the whole caboose ? I don't think so

well, maybe buy a couple terminals..the whole caboose ? I don't think so

Yellow's billions in revenue itself would be a factor, not chicken feed. Ive seen other companies with far more than a bill in debt get gobbled up that didnt come close to the reveniue potential of YRC. Im amazed UPS and Fedex didnt just buy this cvompnay and break it up...buy it for 700 mill to a bill, pay the debt and get all that freight.

By the way how do I get this obama ad off my reply?

Ok ... so if we get a yes vote. is there another change of ops coming very soon to help set up the lanes for ups.