Yellow | YRC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Anyone know how it's going in Charlotte? I was there yesterday morning and the computers were the only problem I heard about from the dock. I'm sure there will be some growing pains in the yard and linehaul, also. DS.

Anyone know how it's going in Charlotte? I was there yesterday morning and the computers were the only problem I heard about from the dock. I'm sure there will be some growing pains in the yard and linehaul, also. DS.
The first wave of transplants reported yesterday throughout the day....Short 20 minute orientation with new TM, G.O.M., R.F., Local 71 Prez, and stewards.....very brief. NO CHECKS for anybody, dock and yard a nightmare, missing paperwork unbilled trailers, countless trailers on the screen as showing full of freight, were actually empty, 2 hours O/T for everbody.....lots to work out.... I'm sure the kinks will get worked out eventually, and oh yeah, it took most of us 2 1/2-3 hours to get home this morning in the snowstorm.....AND OF COURSE, everybody's favorite bailed out after 4 hours with some lame a$$ excuse, while WE ALL worked our 10 1/2..some things never change.....g-man

g man give me a name..your buddy was all over at 123 on sunday.......change is good no checks at 123 yet......these are exciting times at yrc....... and we all no who said that

and yes the computers are a HUGE problem.....how can you switch a yellow facility over to roadway software, and NOT train anybody on it first ? dock, yard, management, nobody's got a clue....luckily the roadway guys are somewhat training the yellow guys how to use the dct's, so they can at least work....so yes, WE ARE working together as one team.....

I'm guessing that everyone received their lump sum checks Monday since they weren't available on Sunday?

I heard that there was a bid up and coming down on Wednesday but I didn't hear anything about the 681 dock being a part of it. From my understanding at our local union meetings that according to the COO both CNC and 681 seniority lists were to be merged and both docks bid as one. Anyone have info about this?

See you guys sometime tonight. DS.

After reading through a couple other threads I see where no checks have been issued, yet. YRC should be penalized for each day the check is late. DS.

Checks were issued today.......blamed it on UPS!! LOL. Charlotte is busy with lots of freight and working on the computer issues. There is plenty of dock space to handle the work and the yard situation will get better when everyone is comfortable with the RDWY system.

We'll know more next week. DS.

Bids are up and everyone will have one for now. they come down today about 5 in the afternoon. Awarded bids should be posted on Thursday sometime.

and yes the computers are a HUGE problem.....how can you switch a yellow facility over to roadway software, and NOT train anybody on it first ? dock, yard, management, nobody's got a clue....luckily the roadway guys are somewhat training the yellow guys how to use the dct's, so they can at least work....so yes, WE ARE working together as one team.....

I am glad to hear that, teamwork is the only way this will work. We the teamsters are the people that need to make this company strong agian. If we all do our part we can survive thru these hard times. GO TAEMSTERS

Checks were issued today.......blamed it on UPS!! LOL. Charlotte is busy with lots of freight and working on the computer issues. There is plenty of dock space to handle the work and the yard situation will get better when everyone is comfortable with the RDWY system.

We'll know more next week. DS.

Are you getting anywhere with the computer issues, that you could share with the rest of us that are having the same problem? Have you discovered anything you could share? Anything that you were having a problem with and solved? We need to set up some type of networking.

If you forget to look at the door number where the freight is going you can scan it out of your strip door again.

Are you getting anywhere with the computer issues, that you could share with the rest of us that are having the same problem? Have you discovered anything you could share? Anything that you were having a problem with and solved? We need to set up some type of networking.
like learning any new system, as repetition takes over, guys will become more comfortable....though it seems yellow had the more efficient system for scanning your bills, we all must adjust to the system we are forced to use now on a daily basis....3 days in now, and everyday the communication and billing problems seem to be getting a little better... with an integration and merger of this magnitude, it will of course take a little time to work out all the bugs...last wave of transplants (approx 40 men) reported in charlotte throughout the day yesterday, all checks have been handed out, with the small exception of a few not there yet...now it's time to get to the real task at hand... working together as one team, and the survival of this company in a volatile economy..... g:red_bandana:

what are trying to do to the contract

hey, docksteward why don,t you run for B.A.
what we are hearing at 671 is they are writing new words in the contract every day, laid off men getting paid at casual wages, who is running that place. i,ll vote for you !!!!!!!

That is not happening at all mopbucket,people are being paid what they are contractually owed. As to who is running this place, we are asking that same question, as there are many problems arising all the time. It is and has been a problem that our BA/Prez is lax at best in upholding the contract and his favorite saying is "the company is struggleing and doesn't need these problems right now, give them a break". We have heard this far too long and they never give US a break. Give one get one I always say, well we the TEAMSTERS are looking for OURS now!!!

Did you ever think that your BA/Pres is in the dark as much as the next guy ?
Sounds like the same message all around the country from what I have been hearing. Give these people a break .

what we are hearing at 671 is they are writing new words in the contract every day, laid off men getting paid at casual wages, who is running that place. i,ll vote for you !!!!!!!
hey mopbucket, I don't know where you are, but rest assured the situation is being handled and the proper grievances ARE BEING FILED....nobody is getting away with anything...and D.S. is more than welcome to run for B.A. since his new local only has 1, and he is also our prez. I'm sure Ted will go for that.....g

The regular laid-off guys getting Casual pay are guys from Winston that were laid off and did not transfer.They were offered a deal by the Co. to come down and work as a casual with a room and meal voucher no Benefits. They took the deal. If they don't like it they should have said no or else file with their local rep or BA from Local 391.

Hey mopbucket........the laid off men from 671 are working at casual rate per the contract. They are domiciled at 671 and even though they hold seniority they are considered casual help at 653.

During the previous change 671 guys were offered work at 162 at the regular pay scale with per diem and a hotel room by the company, which was above contract. They were offered the same deal this time with the exception of the pay.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm still trying to learn how things are done down here. To me, the issue of the two docks not being bid as one is the main issues right now. The COO was clear about one seniority list for both docks and with that bidding rights to both. DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.