Yellow | Yrc down to Cream of Crop

life . wtf are you talking about ? some of you guys think that yrc is just drivers . no1 that i can think of here was talking strickly drivers . metalmike was talking yard/ road/city i was saying it takes more than 20 to hold a dock bid .
ps i wouldnt drive if they paid double . i enjoy my wife and home and would rather be there than some flea bag hotel 4 night's a week.

Sounds to me like you should shake the next road driver you see for doing a job you consider your self too good to do, not to mention if it were not for road drivers you would not have a job! GEESH!!!!!

Oh great, first its Yellow against Rdwy, Now its gonna be dock against driver. So who is better? A Yellow Dock man or a Rdwy road driver or vice versa or.....CRAP I lost my train of thought. :mfight: :joke:

Well what I was hoping to get around to saying was that Upper Management is screwing us all again. They like to do things to keep us at bay with each other. Now don't get me wrong I don't blame any of these guys or gals for getting their CDLs. My point was just because you have 20+ yrs. Does not make you cream of the crop. I would hope one would agree they might be the cream at the job they did for the 20+ yrs. What I'm talking about are the people who worked the dock then took a bid from someone else who has been a P&D ,Yard or Road. To send a person out to a customer who has worked on the dock for 20+ yrs doesn't have the knowlage the p&d drive who has been out there for lets just say 10yrs. Then there are the ones that come out on the road and take a nice bid. Its their right I understand. Either way if your at the bottom your screwed till things get better.

Who figures out who is worthless ?
Is this a bid position ?
Just because your worn out freight throwing body does not move like the 22 year old wonder boy in the next door are you worthless ?
I'll grab these excellent questions. (from a city driver's point of view)

As far as who would I take.....a 22 year old wonder boy, or a seasoned veteran? That's an easy one. I'll take the veteran, any day. The veteran should have a nice, smooth, daily routine. The veteran should have also required the necessary skills to give the customer the service that they expect. The veteran also should know their way around their route so that they can run it efficiently. The veteran normally would have the defensive driving skills that are required for day to day, accident free, driving. I'll take the veteran any day.

When it comes to a driver being deemed worthless, it has nothing to do with his/her age. It has everything to do with their work ethic. The worthless driver, in my opinion, is the one that drags their feet all day long. Takes the longest possible route to each stop. Does not look for sales leads in their delivery area. Steals company time every chance that they get. And spends more time trying to figure out how to get out of work, than they spend just working. All this effort, just to pad their overtime. A 22 year old can act this way, just as easy as seasoned veteran. Most veterans make up for their "worn out freight throwing body", as you describe it, by being more efficient in their actions.

At 124/formally 195 all are city driver qualified except one who got the job on a technicality because of the way the app from Yellow at time was listed. He is dock only because he does not have a car license.To hold a BID at all on a REGULAR basis you have to have 14 years for Dock/P&D. We have 2 road driver that run to 218. The road board was 4 and now to 2. You have to have 10 years at our terminal to hold a Road Bid. We have one UTILITY driver everynight to 135 and turns
At 165 due to such a small barn,once again you have to have 19 years to hold a Dock/P&D bid . No road drivers here just a UTILITY driver everynight to 135 and turns.

i was never saying that wolf . im saying i consider us all egual parts of the whole .
and i never said anything about being better . just i like my way of life and you can have yours its not for me .

i was never saying that wolf . im saying i consider us all egual parts of the whole .
and i never said anything about being better . just i like my way of life and you can have yours its not for me .

Sounds like I need to retract my statement then also, sorry bout that. I have done all aspects of the freight biz and they are all dependent on each other.

Well what I was hoping to get around to saying was that Upper Management is screwing us all again. They like to do things to keep us at bay with each other. Now don't get me wrong I don't blame any of these guys or gals for getting their CDLs. My point was just because you have 20+ yrs. Does not make you cream of the crop. I would hope one would agree they might be the cream at the job they did for the 20+ yrs. What I'm talking about are the people who worked the dock then took a bid from someone else who has been a P&D ,Yard or Road. To send a person out to a customer who has worked on the dock for 20+ yrs doesn't have the knowlage the p&d drive who has been out there for lets just say 10yrs. Then there are the ones that come out on the road and take a nice bid. Its their right I understand. Either way if your at the bottom your screwed till things get better.

What it all boils down to is seniority. All the drivers,dock,switcher,and P&D workers have to depend on is seniority. If you look at the NMFA and take seniority out of it,most of the NMFA has no meaning. If it wasn`t for the seniority clause,a supervisor could hire his best friend today and give him the best run in the barn and have a man with 30 years peddle freight in Brooklyn and he wouldn`t be able to do anything about it. There are many arguments about seniority,but without it you have nothing. Most new hires don`t like the way seniority works,then as their years start to add up,it`s not so bad,then when they get 15 or 20 years,seniority is the best thing in the world. Along with seniority comes job security and that`s what it`s all about. I`ve had people come off the dock and yard,bump me back and then ask directions on how to get to the destination he just bumped me out of. It`s hard to take sometimes,but that`s seniority.

70% of the cream of the crop have cream on their chops because they're nothing but a bunch of yaz bozz and yaz mizer hoffa girly girls.:butt kiss:

At 371,(Rock Island,Il),you have to have 26 plus years to hold 10 percent for anything,as they run 1 board.