Yellow | YRC executive to union workers: New concessions needed for survival

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
A top YRC Worldwide Inc. executive said additional concessions sought this month from its union workers will be necessary to continue operating.

In a letter to YRC's Teamsters employees, Mike Smid said a rejection of the tenative agreement reached between company and union leadership could lead to the trucking giant's shutdown.

Smid is the YRC Worldwide's chief operating officer and president of YRC Inc., the company's national carrier. He is among the senior executives under YRC chairman and CEO Bill Zollars, who announced he will retire from the company shortly.

Ballots will be mailed later this week to more than 25,000 YRC drivers and dock workers who are being asked to extend concessions that they have accepted since January 2009. Those cuts have included a 15 percent wage cut as well as YRC suspending monthly payments into Teamsters pension plans since July 2009............

YRC executive to union workers: New concessions needed for survival | Dollars & Sense

They started their meetings today at 135. Took about 15 employees each hour. His name was Seipek or something like that. Basically they want a Yes vote or you should quit. If you ask him a question on this plan, he doesn't have an answer for you. How can you vote yes on something that they don't even know the answers to??? My vote will be NO. I guess they will fill in the blanks later!!

In a letter to YRC's Teamsters employees, Mike Smid said a rejection of the tenative agreement reached between company and union leadership could lead to the trucking giant's shutdown.

when the BA's mention this at meetings across the land with no rebuttal

images

might prevail after-all

we had a vice president in today, who said vote yes or they will shut down. he then preceded to tell us of all the new things they are planning to buy/upgrade. when asked why not wait until the vote, he said they can't wait for the vote, they need to keep making plans now to buy new stuff. he also didn't have very nice things to say about the chicago terminals.

One of his other statements was ,It's easier to find a job when you have a job. He must have said this 6 or 7 time in our meeting alone.Yes he did say you should quit ,but they want a yes vote before you do so all your brothers and sisters can still work here!

if and when i have this meeting i think my cell phone will come in handy.if i can vidio i will but if not my lawer say a voice recording should still hold up im court for the law suit i will be bringing on them for their strong arm extortion,threats and anything else we can think of throwing at them. i think after the theats i may be tooafraid to return to work. and may need to bring action for payment due threw lifetime of employment .
it should make a great u-tube show for the world to see how these jackasses work behind closed doors. with the blessing of our great union

if and when i have this meeting i think my cell phone will come in handy.if i can vidio i will but if not my lawer say a voice recording should still hold up im court for the law suit i will be bringing on them for their strong arm extortion,threats and anything else we can think of throwing at them. i think after the theats i may be tooafraid to return to work. and may need to bring action for payment due threw lifetime of employment .
it should make a great u-tube show for the world to see how these jackasses work behind closed doors. with the blessing of our great union

forget that-think about your wife after you vote no and you lose your job

your wife when you tell her you lost your job
Despair.jpg

your wife when she finds out you voted yourself out of a job
Husband-Abuse-1.jpg

Some corporate douche bag is going to be at the 896 terminal this morning, forgot his name, VP of Bullshit or something? I can't remember what his title is. Will post later this evening on what he spewed from his fat maw, nothing good I promise.

Some corporate douche bag is going to be at the 896 terminal this morning, forgot his name, VP of Bullshit or something? I can't remember what his title is. Will post later this evening on what he spewed from his fat maw, nothing good I promise.
It is probably someone who has a degree in psychology, and try to brainwash (the Homer Simpsons')/people into voting Yes. There is old saying too. Money talks and BS walks.

Last edited by a moderator:
They started their meetings today at 135. Took about 15 employees each hour. His name was Seipek or something like that. Basically they want a Yes vote or you should quit. If you ask him a question on this plan, he doesn't have an answer for you. How can you vote yes on something that they don't even know the answers to??? My vote will be NO. I guess they will fill in the blanks later!!
Why don't you do some research? Seipek is President of operations.

See you guys didnt go to UNION MEETING! there is no money banks can get more by liquidating! Most people in NY, Chicago etc need 2 incomes to survive medical with out paying in helps.( Look your children in the face when they are sick and no medical, but son or daughter I stood my ground now it"s all over) I'm voting Yes for those people! (my kids are grown) GOD BLESS ALL!!

One of his other statements was ,It's easier to find a job when you have a job. He must have said this 6 or 7 time in our meeting alone.Yes he did say you should quit ,but they want a yes vote before you do so all your brothers and sisters can still work here!

Sounds like real good advice....if everyone hates this place so much why not vote yes and then look for a new job? Seems all the resentment is distotring commone sense here.

See you guys didnt go to UNION MEETING! there is no money banks can get more by liquidating! Most people in NY, Chicago etc need 2 incomes to survive medical with out paying in helps.( Look your children in the face when they are sick and no medical, but son or daughter I stood my ground now it"s all over) I'm voting Yes for those people! (my kids are grown) GOD BLESS ALL!!
Vote your conscience and sleep good. My children (both teen-agers) have seen first hand how I wouldn't take actions to lower working standards for those that come after me, I will vote no. My coworkers and children deserve better than this agreement. Those poor working conditions are the result of poor management (make that utter mismanagement). This company is bringing down working conditions for other companies and will continue to with every new give back. I truly believe the working man ( and woman) will be better off post yrcw.