Yellow | YRC executive to union workers: New concessions needed for survival

Sounds like real good advice....if everyone hates this place so much why not vote yes and then look for a new job? Seems all the resentment is distotring commone sense here.
Why doesn't YRC honor the first contract that they were in desperate need for everyone to vote Yes a year ago. It has nothing do to with liking or not liking the job. It has everything to do with what they promised on the last contract, and how their not honoring the employees who had to make tough choices from before. Honor is how to build respect, and trust for one another. :duh:

This is a smoke screen. This cihuaua is all bark and no bite. If the company needs the same dollar amount in concessions to survive; why change the work rules... Would someone please explaine why? Why didn't they just ask for an extention, if all they need is the same dollar amount in the concession. The company is just trying to get all they can and who can blame them. Vote Hell NO, NO,NO,NO...

Why doesn't YRC honor the first contract that they were in desperate need for everyone to vote Yes a year ago. It has nothing do to with liking or not liking the job. It has everything to do with what they promised on the last contract, and how their not honoring the employees who had to make tough choices from before. Honor is how to build respect, and trust for one another. :duh:

It was clearly understood that last years concessions may not be enough and there might need to be more things done...there are factors in the business industry and economy that have been a negative draw...you need to see the bigger picture and trust a little...

you trust too much . these jackasss are bleeding you and me dry and you want trust after years of being lied too. i think not . like they say . if their lips are moving they are lieing

you trust too much . these jackasss are bleeding you and me dry and you want trust after years of being lied too. i think not . like they say . if their lips are moving they are lieing

Maybe...and not saying I like everything either...but you have to step back from the table and assess the situation....letting everything go down right now makes no sense....keeping this company going and then having an options is better than blowing it up because of spite.

what options . working more years and longer hours are not an option i am not will to take them up on

Last edited by a moderator:
It was clearly understood that last years concessions may not be enough and there might need to be more things done...there are factors in the business industry and economy that have been a negative draw...you need to see the bigger picture and trust a little...
Oh trust me, I do see the bigger picture, more than you will ever know. Companies took Jesus off the cross and replaced it with the $ bill. A yes vote will give you a job, with no standards, simular to NAFTA. Si Se Puede=Yes We Can. Interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty clear to everyone at 135 that Seipek made it easier for a No Vote with his arrogance. My buddy asked him about equal share in the 15% and the guy jumped in his face Spewing , You want to know about my Salary,You want to know about my pension!! My buddy shouldn't have backed down. I know he probably makes more money than everyone that was in that room including our TM, Regional manager and the 2 ATM's put together. With this kind of attitude at the top no wonder we are in the shape we are. They are clueless to the real world.

If things were really that bad wouldn't we have already laid off more terminal management and corporate bigshots? If things were really that bad, wouldn't we have closed the doors already? Just a thought....

It was clearly understood that last years concessions may not be enough and there might need to be more things done...
Wrong! Our Teamster leaders said multiple times that our first two concessions would be enough to get the company back on track. Oh, that's right Tyson also said that they "are not going to open up the contract on this concession". HHHMMMM. Technically, I guess they didn't open the contract, they threw it in the fire place.

as i see this whole thing unfold i ask myself this: yes yrc mismanaged themselves into a very big financial hole, but i'm sorry, the union (hoffa & johnson regime) let them do it. why wasn't someone paying more attention as these deals went down that led to this current situation? again, yrc should be held responsible for their actions but i myself think the union is the entity that truly should be held to blame. they saw it coming (or should have mr. tyson) and let it happen and now are trying, in my opinion, to save face way to late. hoffa and tyson sold the freight division not only down the river but by these "negotiated" revisements fished it out of the river and are now pushing it under the bus. again, instead of turning the anger and frustration towards each other turn it towards the freight division management and hoffa for letting it happen to begin with. i'm sure someone can find a legal statute to bring a case against the current teamster regime for gross-misrepresentation

Options to look for something better while still employed.....
You should have already been looking. Since you are still working here, you still won't go look for another job. So you will still have the same excuse for the 4th, 5th and 6th concessions that are probably coming in 2011. I've heard that "I just want to buy more time so that I can find another job" line way too many times. More than likely, you won't even be looking, since you're still working.

you will get the same answer as you will get if this passes . you voted for it/them so live with it