Holland | YRC Financial/ Independant Opinion

Yes, I think we have about 18 linehaul laid-off. Although we do have the option to work the dock/peddle if you had put in a letter requesting to work according to your senority.
I was laid-off on 4/21/08 (Good Friday) I didn't work for about 3 weeks. Then they started working me on Monday's and Friday's, for about a month. Then I got put on as a 10%er. Now I have been working 5 days a week, 10 hours per day.(on call) most weeks.
If we could convince all the city people to work no more than 10 hours per day, I think more people would be working. That's just my opinion, so I hope nobody shoots at me!!

If we could convince all the city people to work no more than 10 hours per day, I think more people would be working. That's just my opinion, so I hope nobody shoots at me!!

Good luck, I'm sorry but it will never happen. It's everybody's choice to stay or go, like it or not. Its all on where you are on the seniority board as to how most look at it. If you are on the bottom it seems that the more senior men are very greedy, if you are toward the top you remember how the guys did you when you were on the bottom. The best way to look at it is to figure on making 40 hours a week and base your spending on that. When you're on the bottom, each week put part of your check in savings and be prepared for the possibility of missing some work during the slow time of the year until you have been around for a while. If you don't miss any then enjoy the extra cash but if you do miss work then you will be able to make it a little closer to the time you need before you don't miss any work. Just my opinion about this subject, it would be nice if everybody would take care of each other but it just don't happen very often when you're dealing with money.

The problem in Joliet even with the 10hr rule on the dock is they force us 10hrs, 2.5hrs before the shift is over then force a bunch of us to the street before our 10 is up and then were out 12-14hrs. Also even on a driving bid they will bring you in from your run before your 10 is up and then force you back out so as much as you try to help the 10% or laid off men who are not getting 40hrs some time the management has there plan as well

The problem in Joliet even with the 10hr rule on the dock is they force us 10hrs, 2.5hrs before the shift is over then force a bunch of us to the street before our 10 is up and then were out 12-14hrs. Also even on a driving bid they will bring you in from your run before your 10 is up and then force you back out so as much as you try to help the 10% or laid off men who are not getting 40hrs some time the management has there plan as well

Can you say, YRC Holland? Its all a numbers game, if they can use you until they don't need you and then hope they can starve you out, its gives then the ability to hire a casual and start them over in the wage progression. You just have to hang in there until you serve your newbie time. It gets better with time but it hurts so bad in the beginning. :duh:

Well, since so many people are averaging more than 10 hrs. a day, that formula for calling guys back should be kicking in big time. I'd like a look at that language, but oh yea, we didnt get a copy of the contract yet! (2 months now!!!!!!) I was told by the BA that our stewards would be checking the numbers every week, and told by the stewards that the union was taking care of that. Our Local, and our stewards suck!:cuss:

Well, since so many people are averaging more than 10 hrs. a day, that formula for calling guys back should be kicking in big time. I'd like a look at that language, but oh yea, we didnt get a copy of the contract yet! (2 months now!!!!!!) I was told by the BA that our stewards would be checking the numbers every week, and told by the stewards that the union was taking care of that. Our Local, and our stewards suck!:cuss:

didn't you get a copy of the new language with your ballot? i did

According to International constitution Local 179 is in violation they are suppose to have new contracts edited and in members hands in 2 weeks.

I agree teamster 02 our BA is a liar and our stewards are useless. Hell the one steward walks in the front door every morning where office and management are suppose to walk in only and he is always giving management heads up on stuff. He is also the same guy who told us Neal signed the retro letter before our first vote and when we got to the hall to vote found out from the leaders of 179 NEAL never signed the retro letter.

Hey BP quit your @(%*^#@in, at least your working, you are one of these combo
guys that @%*^#@es about the OT but you always seem to get your 60hrs even when people are laid off, Oh, one more thing, Boots might have known a lot and he was a nice guy, but everybody took advantage of him, that's why he lost his job, he had no leadership, now the truth is out! he also baby sat all you cry baby combo guys.

We get 60hrs because we are froze di**head and our local allows it to happen. I will agree there are a select few that got to have there 60 but a majority want there 8-10 and skate. And I must assume your a road guy so thanks for voting this horse**it contract in 2-1 because we all know our local agreement is not gonna give more than internationals contract but at least we had the language changed on some issues to benefit us. How are those UE working out for you Driver? And as far as boots goes guys worked for him because he believed in one hand washes the other and Supervisors have told me the reason hes gone is because he knew more than tim and wasnt a yes man. And the nerve to call combo guys cry babies we sit on break and have to listen to road drivers cry about not getting out enough, not getting home they want me to run on sat wah wah wah remember 2-1 yes a**hole.

Well guys I see the company has succeeded in the old conquer and divide game with the bunch of you. There are enough greedy men on both sides and the same with crybabies.Neither linehaul or local cartage has a lock that classifacation.The company loves to sit and watch the bickering. Nothing will be solved until everyone gets on the same page.
If your local officals are not doing what they were elected for then vote them out. Get involved or sit and take the BS.
This is a great discussion board but is counterproductive if all we do is flame each other.There is strength in numbers.Just my 2cents Goodnite

truth

Well guys I see the company has succeeded in the old conquer and divide game with the bunch of you. There are enough greedy men on both sides and the same with crybabies.Neither linehaul or local cartage has a lock that classifacation.The company loves to sit and watch the bickering. Nothing will be solved until everyone gets on the same page.
If your local officals are not doing what they were elected for then vote them out. Get involved or sit and take the BS.
This is a great discussion board but is counterproductive if all we do is flame each other.There is strength in numbers.Just my 2cents Goodnite
That , brother, is one fine post! :1036316054:

We get 60hrs because we are froze di**head and our local allows it to happen. I will agree there are a select few that got to have there 60 but a majority want there 8-10 and skate. And I must assume your a road guy so thanks for voting this horse**it contract in 2-1 because we all know our local agreement is not gonna give more than internationals contract but at least we had the language changed on some issues to benefit us. How are those UE working out for you Driver? And as far as boots goes guys worked for him because he believed in one hand washes the other and Supervisors have told me the reason hes gone is because he knew more than tim and wasnt a yes man. And the nerve to call combo guys cry babies we sit on break and have to listen to road drivers cry about not getting out enough, not getting home they want me to run on sat wah wah wah remember 2-1 yes a**hole.

Your problem is that your brain is frozen, in case you don't know, you combo boys have something called a 10 hour rule, that means
you only HAVE to work 10 HOURS D*M*Y, did you get that?, unless of course you stretch
it out for 12 or more like I'm sure some people do.:Duel:
Now I don't have a problem with that, economy is bad, gas is high and people are going to need money, but there are some that will carry that crying towel all the way to the bank$$$$$$$$$$$$$, regardless of the number of people that are laid off.

I hate to bring boots in to this, but I think that you were washing more than his hand, how about it!!

You probably have a high seniority number,
so quit your BIT***ING boy!, you have a good job and you got it MADE!:boohoo:

PS: What's wrong with being a road driver?,
you could not handle it you big city R*T!:chairshot:

GOD BLESS AMERICA:USA:

Lumpersam

stumpersam if you dont know our contract then please dont try to quote it. contract does have a ten hr rule which does not apply if your on the street, and if your on the dock they can send you out on the street before your ten hours up. I will give you a scenario which happened today so your dumb hilly billy *** understands. 2am shift froze for 10 which means 1230 they can go but at 1200pm supervisor tells all 2am guys to see dispatch and hit the street, so 2am guys on the street at there 9.5 hr do you understand if not we can get cue cards and show you next time your in Joliet. As far as road driver not that I couldnt handle it but I have other driving skills other than going forward city guys can back up a tractor trailer. Have a great weekend by the way ccx is hiring ******.

stumpersam if you dont know our contract then please dont try to quote it. contract does have a ten hr rule which does not apply if your on the street, and if your on the dock they can send you out on the street before your ten hours up. I will give you a scenario which happened today so your dumb hilly billy *** understands. 2am shift froze for 10 which means 1230 they can go but at 1200pm supervisor tells all 2am guys to see dispatch and hit the street, so 2am guys on the street at there 9.5 hr do you understand if not we can get cue cards and show you next time your in Joliet. As far as road driver not that I couldnt handle it but I have other driving skills other than going forward city guys can back up a tractor trailer. Have a great weekend by the way ccx is hiring ******.
Good one! Even I understand and I'm a road driver! What I dont understand is the backing up thing. These trucks have reverse????:biglaugh:

It's unfair to class everyone with alot of OT as greedy. Early start drivers always get massive OT. Empty earlier, buried with pickups first. Dispatch does this to ensure they get everything. If the early guys cover it, the later guys walk at 8 or 9 hours.

Dispatch fully understands how to keep men on the street when they know they wont go back out, if they are brought in after their 8 is up. For those of you who don't know, I'll explain it.
They bring you in empty, before your 8 is up, then dispatch you a load and you cannot refuse that work or they can terminate you. Or they send you for a switch or live load (usually the late switches or live loads so they can use the late drivers for HD) before your 8 is up and if you refuse, they can terminate you.
Easy manipulation on their part.
Also, ever chase air before 8 then find out your buried in pu's? This keeps you out until your 8 is up.
Ever been dispatched from one extreme end of your terminals area to the opposite end? This is used when it's slow to keep you rolling and to keep you out.

They have you 14 hours per day, if they need you, anyway you look at it.

Think about who you call greedy. No one likes sitting in some hole in a ghetto waiting for a load watching your 12 or 13th hour click past.