Holland | YRC Financial/ Independant Opinion

Sorry I did not mean to hurt your feelings baby meesTer, and please watch your lenguage or someone will tell your mommy your playing with the computer again.

God bless you son, good night!!!!!!!

Lumpersam

stumpersam if you dont know our contract then please dont try to quote it. contract does have a ten hr rule which does not apply if your on the street, and if your on the dock they can send you out on the street before your ten hours up. I will give you a scenario which happened today so your dumb hilly billy *** understands. 2am shift froze for 10 which means 1230 they can go but at 1200pm supervisor tells all 2am guys to see dispatch and hit the street, so 2am guys on the street at there 9.5 hr do you understand if not we can get cue cards and show you next time your in Joliet. As far as road driver not that I couldnt handle it but I have other driving skills other than going forward city guys can back up a tractor trailer. Have a great weekend by the way ccx is hiring ******.
In gr our contract must be different because the co. must notify you 1 hr. before your 8th hr if they are forcing you on overtime! read your contract more closely .

In gr our contract must be different because the co. must notify you 1 hr. before your 8th hr if they are forcing you on overtime! read your contract more closely .

If you would have read his scenerio, he stated that AM shift was froze (notified of forced OT), and then (just) before the 10 hr. rule kicks in, they send you on the street. Per the company, and unfortunately the union, they can do this.

If you would have read his scenerio, he stated that AM shift was froze (notified of forced OT), and then (just) before the 10 hr. rule kicks in, they send you on the street. Per the company, and unfortunately the union, they can do this.

Never heard the "froze" term before (You guys come up with some pretty arcane stuff sometimes:biglaugh:) but that's the way it works here too. Get to the window at 9 hours and 59 minutes and you could be working till your 14th hour.

Hi Boilerpeddle, the freezzz was a term the company used for forced OT according to seniority, which always meant the big seniority people were not forced most of the time unless of course something called terminal freez was put in to effect, than everybody was FROZEN, and then you were released according to seniority. Now, there is something called the 10 hr. rule, which means the supervisor has to notify you individualy 1hr. B/4 your 8hrs. are up if they are going to enforce the 10hr. rule, in other words you only work 10 hrs. instead of 12, 13 or in some situations 14 hrs.

This of course is a good thing for some and a damnation for the malcontents that voted for it, just ask big papa. But that is another story.

I hope that I was able to explain this pretty arcane ( secret ) STUFF.

God Bless America

Lumpersam

It has always been my contention that the intent of the language was to Limit a persons work day to no more than 10 hours. Around here they use the language to force you to work 12 to 14 hours. What you describe is pretty much how they do it here except
(as has been described here many times) they use it to send you out on the street at 9 1/2 hours.

It has always been my contention that the intent of the language was to Limit a persons work day to no more than 10 hours. Around here they use the language to force you to work 12 to 14 hours. What you describe is pretty much how they do it here except
(as has been described here many times) they use it to send you out on the street at 9 1/2 hours.

Same thing in LO.