Yellow | YRC Freight Letter To Tyson Johnson

They were paying them to go to the terminal where they ended their tour of duty, when rested! If they were going to start their return dispatch at the other terminal.
At one when we first merger yellow , roadway, we had 4 terminals n the Atlantic region with each having a line haul operations. Ex board would report where needed per wk call. Also if trip ended at one place they bobtail or take rmtys to get your personal vehicle ask k k , he will remember the deal. Also I think dallas had the same deal.

At one when we first merger yellow , roadway, we had 4 terminals n the Atlantic region with each having a line haul operations. Ex board would report where needed per wk call. Also if trip ended at one place they bobtail or take rmtys to get your personal vehicle ask k k , he will remember the deal. Also I think dallas had the same deal.
Atlanta. Not Atlantic region my bad on misspelled

I know drivers might not like the idea, but staying at the same motel, means they can have them report to either terminal per work call. A van going to each place daily. R via one on way home. Bottom line u r getting pay once you start .
My problem with your thoughts is this. Why give the company anything? They set up the C.O.O. The Union gave them 97% of what they wanted. I remember the Company saying they needed all this to save the company. It's their rules, They set it up, Now they can live by it And with it!

What is it? 12 miles from 218 to 211? I does'nt matter if everyone stays in the same hotel. You ended your tour of duty in two different locations. That would be like going to bed in Kearny N.J & coming out of bed in Carlstadt N.J. The locations are close but they are two different terminals thus two different locations. Ans since you log you arival either Akron or Cleveland you have to show leaving the location you went to bed at.

Mitch Lilly was fired from Roadway long time back an hired buy yellow if that tells you anything !!!
At one time he was a relay manger at white pine th. Roadway now closed, he left and was hired by yellow at nashville tn. I think his dad worked there at the time, correct me if wrong

They will have to have another C.O.O. to change anything. Unless the Union gives in!
Don't know how long you been with company, but speaking from past experience, the company always in most cases gets what they ask for. Ck back as far you want , whether by local agreement or c o o. Only has the pay cut vote for Chicago , have they loss. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What is it? 12 miles from 218 to 211? I does'nt matter if everyone stays in the same hotel. You ended your tour of duty in two different locations. That would be like going to bed in Kearny N.J & coming out of bed in Carlstadt N.J. The locations are close but they are two different terminals thus two different locations. Ans since you log you arival either Akron or Cleveland you have to show leaving the location you went to bed at.
I ran the Cleveland/Akron bid from Chicago for several years. I do not recall EVER being dispatched from the opposite terminal. Although often I was dispatched from Cleveland to Akron or vise versa, before returning to Chicago. Your point is absurd. But you get an A+ for creativity in interpretation of FMCSA regulations! What happens if you break down and are put to bed at a vendor in town X. And when resuming your tour of duty, because your original tractor is unrepairable. You are told to report to a different vendor to get a rental tractor, that is in city Y. By your interpretation that is illegal as well. :popcorn:

BTW, since you're stickler for geographical accuracy, you do realize you are in neither Akron or Cleveland. But Copley and Brecksville, respectively.
:rulz:
Same thing out here bag. They call it Clarion Twp , but you could end in Van Orin, and start from Sublette, depending on where the freight is. The motel van drops at both, but all the drivers stay at the Buffalo Inn.

I ran the Cleveland/Akron bid from Chicago for several years. I do not recall EVER being dispatched from the opposite terminal. Although often I was dispatched from Cleveland to Akron or vise versa, before returning to Chicago. Your point is absurd. But you get an A+ for creativity in interpretation of FMCSA regulations! What happens if you break down and are put to bed at a vendor in town X. And when resuming your tour of duty, because your original tractor is unrepairable. You are told to report to a different vendor to get a rental tractor, that is in city Y. By your interpretation that is illegal as well. :popcorn:
A breakdown is one thing. But if the company wants to have two different terminals within 15 miles of each other and have both use the same hotel that's their business. But if I arrive in Akron and go to bed I need to be dispatched from Akron to go to Cleveland & vise virsa. Two different locations.

Don't know how long you been with company, but speaking from past experience, the company always in most cases gets what they ask for. Ck back as far you want , whether by local agreement or c o o. Only has the pay cut vote for Chicago , have they loss. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I agree, That's the sad part of this whole thing.

A breakdown is one thing. But if the company wants to have two different terminals within 15 miles of each other and have both use the same hotel that's their business. But if I arrive in Akron and go to bed I need to be dispatched from Akron to go to Cleveland & vise virsa. Two different locations.
There's nothing in the law that says you must start where you reported off duty. That only applies if you are using the sleeper berth. Off duty does not assume you are stationary. Sleeper berth, on the other hand, does assume you are stationary.

There's nothing in the law that says you must start where you reported off duty. That only applies if you are using the sleeper berth. Off duty does not assume you are stationary. Sleeper berth, on the other hand, does assume you are stationary.
If I went to bed say in Point A and they wanted me to report to say Point B right from the hotel I would log it as leaving Point A (Bottom line if I'm in a cab or hotel van, Driving line if I bobtailed from the hotel) until I arrived at point B. That way I can show leaving my bed point (Point A)
Not only might there be a question as far as Hours of Service goes, What about the contract? (National or Local supplements, Work rules, Past practice etc)
This is not a can of worms I would choose to open. Remember this is suppose to be a Union shop. Both side have to follow the rules as agreed upon.
How many times has the company stuck it to us with the rules and how many times have they boo-hooed when we did it to them? The company set up A-B-A dispatch where I'm from. The "B" point is Akron Ohio, Not Cleveland or anywhere else
Look I not looking to screw the company on this, But dammit right is right! Neither side can be allowed to Cherry pick if they want to force change.14 miles or 41 miles, It makes no difference, At least not to me.

BTW, since you're stickler for geographical accuracy, you do realize you are in neither Akron or Cleveland. But Copley and Brecksville, respectively.
:rulz:
Correct but unless the rule has changed, (And it might have, I don't know for sure) We were always told to use the closest large City. 120 was in Tannersville, Pa. But everyone I knew logged it as Stroudsburg, Pa. North Reading Mass was Boston and so on and so forth.

If I went to bed say in Point A and they wanted me to report to say Point B right from the hotel I would log it as leaving Point A (Bottom line if I'm in a cab or hotel van, Driving line if I bobtailed from the hotel) until I arrived at point B. That way I can show leaving my bed point (Point A)
Not only might there be a question as far as Hours of Service goes, What about the contract? (National or Local supplements, Work rules, Past practice etc)
This is not a can of worms I would choose to open. Remember this is suppose to be a Union shop. Both side have to follow the rules as agreed upon.
How many times has the company stuck it to us with the rules and how many times have they boo-hooed when we did it to them? The company set up A-B-A dispatch where I'm from. The "B" point is Akron Ohio, Not Cleveland or anywhere else
Look I not looking to screw the company on this, But dammit right is right! Neither side can be allowed to Cherry pick if they want to force change.14 miles or 41 miles, It makes no difference, At least not to me.
Sounds to me like the company is on the hook for broken bid and mileage between terminals plain and simple.